Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:24 am

Interesting article on the BBC about the number of clubs that would make a profit even without ticket sales, thanks to bumper Premier League TV cash (sorry if this is covered on the forum elsewhere, but it seems relevant to issues about ownership).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44850888

Interestingly, Bolton is one of the clubs that is most reliant on ticket sales to bring in revenue. Ken needs to get the pricing right on tickets - more so than at other clubs it would seem.

Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:30 pm

These seem to be League One figures; other "revenue streams" may be more prevalent in the Championship.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:56 pm

But we're still dependent on ticket sales. Tis a fact.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:17 pm

We're still dependent on coins found down the back of the couches in the hotel and fivers that fall out of pockets on match days. Every bit of revenue matters to us right now.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:38 am

I expect his latest missive is being bashed out right now, because Karl Henry's gone public with the latest non-payment...
Expect full-on Trumpian "FAKE NOOS! What has Henry done for us this season? Nothing! Sad."

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:06 pm

Is K.A. just being dense in not seeing the harm these sort of things/revelations, can and will do to his and the club's reputation; or am I just being old-fashioned?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:21 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:06 pm
Is K.A. just being dense in not seeing the harm these sort of things/revelations, can and will do to his and the club's reputation; or am I just being old-fashioned?
Not dense. Just calculating and cynical. He pushes things to the limit rather than just forking out of his own pocket immediately.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:21 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Not dense. Just calculating and cynical. He pushes things to the limit rather than just forking out of his own pocket immediately.
So, he just totally disregards what people think about him or the club? That, in time has to be less than sensible. .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:45 pm

NOTHING TO SEE HERE: Ken's latest doesn't even mention it.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/septem ... chairman2/

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:22 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:28 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
So, he just totally disregards what people think about him or the club? That, in time has to be less than sensible. .
Its been going on two years, has it damaged us all that much?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:31 pm

Henry deserves his cash...sad it’s come to that!
However...would I think the same if it were dean moxey tweeting...and was it the difference between doing the Doidge deal...??

Still, sort it out Kenneth.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:22 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wasn't there talk that some of our proposed purchases had been put off by the idea that they might only get paid on capricious whim?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:06 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:46 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:22 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wasn't there talk that some of our proposed purchases had been put off by the idea that they might only get paid on capricious whim?
Didn’t phrase it well. I mean from Ken’s position. Clearly it’s an embarrassment for the club and it’s fans. But KA will see it as a few days of social media whinging, which blows over, some bad publicity. But he saves a few hundred thousand. If things get serious he pays up. But his money continues earning him interest.

The club hasn’t lost value and over the summer we are clearly better off on the field.

So he can be a shithouse and get away with it.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:30 pm

Not sure what Karl Henry hopes to gain by bringing this out in public. To embarrass the club? To get back at us for not renewing his contract? To expedite payment like he said? Are we now to take up placards and demonstrate on his behalf? I really don't think this matter is the business of anyone but the parties involved. Why get the public involved? We all know KA is not someone who will get many Christmas Cards so whats new. What we do know is that he is doing his best to make this club viable again.

If contractual arrangements have been breached, then it becomes a legal matter for him to take to the courts for remedy and leave us to enjoy the new sense of optimism we now have.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:35 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:06 pm
Didn’t phrase it well. I mean from Ken’s position. Clearly it’s an embarrassment for the club and it’s fans. But KA will see it as a few days of social media whinging, which blows over, some bad publicity. But he saves a few hundred thousand. If things get serious he pays up. But his money continues earning him interest.

The club hasn’t lost value and over the summer we are clearly better off on the field.

Saves a few hundred thousand quid by paying late? I'd love to hear what bank he's got that interest rate with... :D

I know what you mean in general - hardball, undercut, duck, dive, weave, bob, and I'll turn a blind eye when it gets us good results. But this seems like a needless doing-over of the desperadoes who managed to save our ass last season. You've said before that Parky deserves a lot of credit for getting a poor squad to finish above the bottom three. I wouldn't disagree but also I'd say the squad themselves deserve paying what they were promised.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:38 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:35 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:06 pm

Saves a few hundred thousand quid by paying late? I'd love to hear what bank he's got that interest rate with... :D

I know what you mean in general - hardball, undercut, duck, dive, weave, bob, and I'll turn a blind eye when it gets us good results. But this seems like a needless doing-over of the desperadoes who managed to save our ass last season. You've said before that Parky deserves a lot of credit for getting a poor squad to finish above the bottom three. I wouldn't disagree but also I'd say the squad themselves deserve paying what they were promised.
Because presumably he waits till club cash flow is such that it can make the payments directly. Rather than him having to fork over his own dosh.

I'm not arguing he's right. I'm stating how he will see it. The blokes as hard nosed as they come. TD was saying "does he not see the damage this is doing". My point was if you get in Ken's mindset...its not doing him any damage at all.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:09 am

So we're alright with the clubs owner acting like an absolute cu*t yet again, as long as we're playing ok on the pitch?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:38 am

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:09 am
So we're alright with the clubs owner acting like an absolute cu*t yet again, as long as we're playing ok on the pitch?
Who is saying we're alright with it?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:39 am

boltonboris wrote:
Apparently they have now been paid as promised yesterday....but do carry on having a go at the chairman

There was absolutely no need for Henry to go public, he should have waited until after the 6th Sept payment date that was promised.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:41 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:39 am
boltonboris wrote:
Apparently they have now been paid as promised yesterday....but do carry on having a go at the chairman

There was absolutely no need for Henry to go public, he should have waited until after the 6th Sept payment date that was promised.
They haven't been paid.