Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:49 pm

As for Parky if it wasn’t for him ringing round this week there might not have been a club, according to Marc Iles anyway.

He’s not getting any grief from me.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:25 pm

If you're a ST holder and you're staying away voluntarily, then you can f*cking stay away. Support the club, you churlish, negative barsteward.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:35 pm

I'm not going to pretend I'm happy when we play like that but for me, we're on a journey. We're significantly stronger than we were last year but we've still a long way to go and no money to spend.

There are going to be days like this but I have faith Parky will have us in a higher position this season than last. They need our backing more than ever at the moment
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:46 pm

They were awful today, horrible, but there is NO way on God's earth that I would stay away if I could get there. I'm a season ticket holder, I'm a BWFC supporter through and through, and they need our support more than ever! So bloody get behind them and help them get through it

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:23 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:07 pm
That Mr Anderson is why the ground is half empty and will only get worse.... the football is fcuking dire under Parkinson.

We only think about attacking when we go behind, Parkinson is the most boring, negative manager in the football league
We have a football club because of Parky. He is the best thing about our club currently.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:10 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
That Mr Anderson is why the ground is half empty and will only get worse.... the football is fcuking dire under Parkinson.

We only think about attacking when we go behind, Parkinson is the most boring, negative manager in the football league
This might be akin to telling the arsonist that the sprinkler system damaged the carpets...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:48 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:10 am
Peter Thompson wrote:

This might be akin to telling the arsonist that the sprinkler system damaged the carpets...
:pray:

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:05 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:48 pm
Martin_Cruise wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:12 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:

Bang on.Sane people will agree that overall Parky has done a fine job at Bolton on his meagre budget, but picking 3 defensive midfielders at home to QPR was a shocker.

That's as bad as Coylie going to Stamford Bridge with an attacking 4-4-2 and Mark Davies in his central midfield.

If Parky is too scared to attack QPR at home i think he needs to go on a positive thinking course
Is it 3 defensive midfielders or 8 defenders?

You might be better watching netball pal the players all wear bibs with their positions on them, you might get less confused.

Parky probably thinks he shipped in 5 goals in the last 2 home games because his teams weren't negative enough.To combat this I expect Murphy to play a deep lying role between the back 4 and three defensive midfielders to add some added protection with one of the 3 attacking players sacrficed.We will be the first team in history to play 9 defensive players in a home league fixture against Derby.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:19 pm

The problem is there is no one at the club capable of coaching more creative, attacking football. Unless I'm mistaken we only have
Parkinson (Manager), Julian Darby (1st team coach), Steve Parkin (assistant manager) & Lee Butler (goalkeeping coach) who coach the players during the week....therefore is it any surprise that we are set up every game for a 0-0 ?

None of them are remotely attack minded, I didn't go yesterday so I can't specifically comment on the coaching from the side lines - but in the previous games that I've been to this season it was surprising & worrying that both Parkin & Butler were regularly at the side of the pitch shouting instructions to the players....both Parkin & Butler have very little experience of coaching at championship level, should they really be instructing the players during a game ?....and who coaches the players during the week on the attacking side of the game.

I've said it on numerous previous occasions, Parkinson needs help on the attacking side of the game from an experienced attack minded coach...I'm really surprised that the club haven't brought someone in to assist Parkinson with this.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:10 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:39 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:

I think I've heard that song before...
...obviously not often enough. And it's not a song, it's a dirge. Songs require lyrics, but all Parkinson is capable of is a three bar riff. Over and over again, like Status Fxckin Quo...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:15 pm

Do you know what that is not a bad point. Although I am less surprised that Ken is keeping his staff budget as low as possible. David Lee still has a role with the youth I guess.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:17 pm

Martin_Cruise wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:05 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:48 pm
Martin_Cruise wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:12 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:

Bang on.Sane people will agree that overall Parky has done a fine job at Bolton on his meagre budget, but picking 3 defensive midfielders at home to QPR was a shocker.

That's as bad as Coylie going to Stamford Bridge with an attacking 4-4-2 and Mark Davies in his central midfield.

If Parky is too scared to attack QPR at home i think he needs to go on a positive thinking course
Is it 3 defensive midfielders or 8 defenders?

You might be better watching netball pal the players all wear bibs with their positions on them, you might get less confused.

Parky probably thinks he shipped in 5 goals in the last 2 home games because his teams weren't negative enough.To combat this I expect Murphy to play a deep lying role between the back 4 and three defensive midfielders to add some added protection with one of the 3 attacking players sacrficed.We will be the first team in history to play 9 defensive players in a home league fixture against Derby.
He picked the same team that fought back against Preston, with changes for injuries. I didn’t have an issue before kick off. With hindsight I would have liked to see us match them at 442 or at least play Oztumer instead ofWilliams. Hindsight is ace.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:31 pm

I don't think that team selection has a bearing on it, I actually thought the starting XI yesterday was quite strong. Its Parkinson's mindset in regards to how we start games, In the 1st half of games we never just go for it even at home, we are so tentative making sure that we don't concede first (which is strange as we normally do anyway) - I can't remember if we have scored in the 1st half at home this season.

We only start to attack with any purpose when we go behind and chase the game - Parkinson worries far to much about the opposition at the start of games, instead of concentrating on how we can hurt them, we should be far more attacking in home games from the start, I don't think we had any shots on goal in the 1st 30 mins or so yesterday....being so tentative from the start just hands the momentum to the opposition and negates the home advantage IMO....

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:34 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:31 pm
I don't think that team selection has a bearing on it, I actually thought the starting XI yesterday was quite strong. Its Parkinson's mindset in regards to how we start games, In the 1st half of games we never just go for it even at home, we are so tentative making sure that we don't concede first (which is strange as we normally do anyway) - I can't recall us scoring in the 1st half at home this season.

We only start to attack with any purpose when we go behind and chase the game - Parkinson worries far to much about the opposition at the start of games, instead of concentrating on how we can hurt them, we should be far more attacking in home games from the start, I don't think we had any shots on goal in the 1st 30 mins or so yesterday....being so tentative from the start just hands the momentum to the opposition and negates the home advantage IMO....

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:34 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:19 pm
The problem is there is no one at the club capable of coaching more creative, attacking football. Unless I'm mistaken we only have
Parkinson (Manager), Julian Darby (1st team coach), Steve Parkin (assistant manager) & Lee Butler (goalkeeping coach) who coach the players during the week....therefore is it any surprise that we are set up every game for a 0-0 ?

None of them are remotely attack minded, I didn't go yesterday so I can't specifically comment on the coaching from the side lines - but in the previous games that I've been to this season it was surprising & worrying that both Parkin & Butler were regularly at the side of the pitch shouting instructions to the players....both Parkin & Butler have very little experience of coaching at championship level, should they really be instructing the players during a game ?....and who coaches the players during the week on the attacking side of the game.

I've said it on numerous previous occasions, Parkinson needs help on the attacking side of the game from an experienced attack minded coach...I'm really surprised that the club haven't brought someone in to assist Parkinson with this.

I remember under Allardyce us once bringing in Frank Stapleton for a short period to help with the our finishing. I’m not convinced that the players we have to work with will ever be capable of producing a style of football that satisfies you, but it’s not unreasonable to try and improve any aspect of our game and seeking fresh ideas from someone new isn’t a terrible idea.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:59 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
I don't think that team selection has a bearing on it, I actually thought the starting XI yesterday was quite strong. Its Parkinson's mindset in regards to how we start games, In the 1st half of games we never just go for it even at home, we are so tentative making sure that we don't concede first (which is strange as we normally do anyway) - I can't remember if we have scored in the 1st half at home this season.

You’re still discounting just how hamstrung we are by our budget. Most of the time is just a lack of ability than it is a lack of intent. For instance, we had the best of it for the first twenty minutes yesterday, with the majority of the play being up the other end, so it wasn’t the case that we didn’t begin with any purpose. The problem is that our players regularly look up and see no movement in front of them. That’s not to say that we can’t make attempts to change things around or improve but too often we only have the one player further forward (Ameobi) who can properly worry the opposition. There’s not much creative talent between Lowe, O’Neill, Magennis and Noone, and teams can fairly quickly set up to stifle us. I wouldn’t be averse to us changing personnel to try and make us more of a threat at home, but I don’t think that we’re making a conscious effort to not go forward.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:15 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
West Brom, Birmingham, Reading and Bristol City. All games where we took the lead first. 4 from 7.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:20 pm

We'll be back battling Birmingham not to go down, again, very soon.
KA and the financial situation doesn't help, or rather are a total burden. But where this idea that Parkinson is a boon to the club come's from, I just can't fathom.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:47 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:20 pm
We'll be back battling Birmingham not to go down, again, very soon.
KA and the financial situation doesn't help, or rather are a total burden. But where this idea that Parkinson is a boon to the club come's from, I just can't fathom.
The fact that he took us up when under embargo and against the odds? The fact that he kept us up with a budget of zero, again against the odds?

I can't fathom where the idea that Parkinson is the anti-Christ has come from...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:52 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:20 pm
But where this idea that Parkinson is a boon to the club come's from, I just can't fathom.
Season 1 promotion
Season 2 kept us up
Season 3 already exceeding expectations

All under an embargo or the threat of administration not to mention a player strike.

Beats me too!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"