Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4269
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Enoch » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:28 pm

A 'No Deal Flexit'!

:shock:

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38821
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:45 pm

"Left the building, Left the negotiations" ....was there anybody actually ever in the building or negotiating anything and is barefaced lying just part of Ken's game?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38821
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:47 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:52 pm
You are all getting panicky fannyist.
There never were a buyer 1, or 2, nor 3.

Blank piece of paper

Kenny boy is fly fishing. Which means he still has a seat on the riverbank, a rod, and some line. The fact he's rented them and payment is overdue is neither here nor there...
Is J.R.Hartley an interested party? :shock:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10134
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:07 pm

Panic fanny or not I feck* hope it’s not this ex Watford clown. He sounds worse than Ken.

chester white
Promising
Promising
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:23 pm
Location: Rochdale

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by chester white » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:10 pm

The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10134
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:32 pm

Do I not like that...

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1713
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:53 pm

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:51 pm

One thing to consider; There are credible rumours that Ken has, shall we say, been moving around some of the income the club receives such as EFL payments and transfer fees between his own accounts and those of the club, and erm that that process has not been unfavorable to his own bottom line.

Having dodgy geezer Bassini as the front man, who was thought possibly to be a front for the Russo brothers at Watford, together with Paul Aldridge who is witness to what might be Ken's dodgy dealings here, might prevent any negative publicity or revelations resulting from a completely new regime.

Fit and proper? If there is any truth to this whole Bassini element of the story, then the football world is watching you EFL....

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:51 pm

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by twilight » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:00 pm

I think this Bassini thing is scary, but interesting. I've been reading "Howard's" intake on another forum (who hasn't?) and if you read back....He knew that the Basran Group didn't have enough money to do a takeover. He also knew about this "Mystery Bidder" (the one who has allegedly bought Moonshift shares). (could have been all fairytale stuff as well)
Now, just imagine, when the Court saw this piece of paper who stated that there WAS a buyer, who "has" a major stake in a high profile club.
Could this have meant to say "HAD" as opposed to "HAS" a major stake. This could have been Bassini. Maybe this is why it has also been shrouded in secrecy, because it was Bassini and his reputation.
I think "Howard" could be one of the Andersons on the wind up all this time. Bassini could have been the "mystery Buyer"

Joggers Nipple
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:44 am
Location: Horwich

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Joggers Nipple » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:06 pm

twilight wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:00 pm
I think this Bassini thing is scary, but interesting. I've been reading "Howard's" intake on another forum (who hasn't?) and if you read back....He knew that the Basran Group didn't have enough money to do a takeover. He also knew about this "Mystery Bidder" (the one who has allegedly bought Moonshift shares). (could have been all fairytale stuff as well)
Now, just imagine, when the Court saw this piece of paper who stated that there WAS a buyer, who "has" a major stake in a high profile club.
Could this have meant to say "HAD" as opposed to "HAS" a major stake. This could have been Bassini. Maybe this is why it has also been shrouded in secrecy, because it was Bassini and his reputation.
I think "Howard" could be one of the Andersons on the wind up all this time. Bassini could have been the "mystery Buyer"
That’s rubbish, Howard has said Bassini is nothing to do with the Mystery Group and they are still hopeful their offer will go through early next week.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19680
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:27 pm

Hmm. Not sure whether this Bassini thing is legit (on his part, Ken's, anybody's...) but here goes: I can think of people I'd rather be buying the club, but I can think of one person I'd rather not stay in control of it.

The Dave Richards thing is interesting, as in worrying. He's all over David Conn's The Beautiful Game? like a rash. In short: in 1996/97, he had (along with every other Wednesday director bar the local MP) bought shares in the club hoping to make a killing after floating (NB this isn't illegal insider dealing, as it wasn't listed at the time). But Wednesday got into money trouble, went to the brink of relegation, and Richards' own business Three Star Engineering went under in 2001, owing money all over the place, but by then he'd left Wednesday and risen without trace through the FA ranks. Conn quotes the chair of the Sheffield Wednesday Shareholders' Association: "Richards took this club to the brink. Rather than stand and fight, he bailed out and left for his cushy job in London."

Conn is equally scathing over Richards' actions while clambering up the slippery FA pole, but enough. Get the book - it's terrifying and saddening but illuminating.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=SQQ ... ichards%22

Also: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/david ... e-richards
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... e-richards
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/18480 ... ue-England

And he even warranted a Marina Hyde character assassination: https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ssociation

Now, some would say they'd rather have Richards inside the tent pissing out, etc, and I can see the thinking. I think it's curious that he'd suddenly return to club involvement 20 years after leaving Wednesday and at the age of 75. But again, compared to our present chairman...

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38821
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:58 pm

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10134
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:02 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:27 pm
Hmm. Not sure whether this Bassini thing is legit (on his part, Ken's, anybody's...) but here goes: I can think of people I'd rather be buying the club, but I can think of one person I'd rather not stay in control of it.

The Dave Richards thing is interesting, as in worrying. He's all over David Conn's The Beautiful Game? like a rash. In short: in 1996/97, he had (along with every other Wednesday director bar the local MP) bought shares in the club hoping to make a killing after floating (NB this isn't illegal insider dealing, as it wasn't listed at the time). But Wednesday got into money trouble, went to the brink of relegation, and Richards' own business Three Star Engineering went under in 2001, owing money all over the place, but by then he'd left Wednesday and risen without trace through the FA ranks. Conn quotes the chair of the Sheffield Wednesday Shareholders' Association: "Richards took this club to the brink. Rather than stand and fight, he bailed out and left for his cushy job in London."

Conn is equally scathing over Richards' actions while clambering up the slippery FA pole, but enough. Get the book - it's terrifying and saddening but illuminating.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=SQQ ... ichards%22

Also: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/david ... e-richards
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... e-richards
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/18480 ... ue-England

And he even warranted a Marina Hyde character assassination: https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ssociation

Now, some would say they'd rather have Richards inside the tent pissing out, etc, and I can see the thinking. I think it's curious that he'd suddenly return to club involvement 20 years after leaving Wednesday and at the age of 75. But again, compared to our present chairman...
Ahh yes...anyone but Ken...surely it can’t get worse? Well, surely to god we will know this week - we can’t get another stay of execution can we?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7764
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:53 am

I knew that Dave Richards bloke rang a bell. Blimey - chuck in Owen Oyston as another partner and Ken's sold us to the worst folk imaginable!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2290
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Sarf East London

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:05 am

There is a belief (which, I think, originates from the Howard character on Wanderers Ways) that Moonshift have called in Ken's shares because he's defaulted on the £5m loan from ED. Ken has until Tuesday to sell his shares or he loses them to Moonshift.

As Brizzle said on the previous page, the assumption is that Moonshift don't want to own a football club, so have a buyer lined up. Allegedly, the same buyer is willing to pay Ken for the shares if he's willing to relinquish them before Tuesday.

By my reckoning, Monday (which is, appropriately, 48 hours away) becomes the crunch day.

If none of the above is correct, and assuming there is no plausible buyer still in the game, then Wednesday is possibly (probably?) the end.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38821
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:41 am

The diabolical mess the club's in now makes me wonder what would have happened if Big Sam had been allowed to spend his "ambition" money in addition to what we already did. It still takes some believing that a fine club with a history like ours can be on the point of falling apart from bad handling and financial mismanagement. Still hard to take that Bolton Wanderers is in this mess.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Joggers Nipple
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:44 am
Location: Horwich

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Joggers Nipple » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:24 am

When you think how much money they threw at Megson it would have been less of a gamble to give Sam half of it and see if he could’ve got into the Champs league.. the rewards could have been far greater than the losses we ended up with.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19680
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:33 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:41 am
The diabolical mess the club's in now makes me wonder what would have happened if Big Sam had been allowed to spend his "ambition" money in addition to what we already did.
As you ask the hypothetical (and I'm currently reading a very enjoyable book of hypotheticals), at a rough guess: We might've finished fourth. But I doubt it.

In Sam's final season (06/07) we got 56pts; Arsenal, in fourth, got 68pts. It's not unimaginable to make up a 12-point gap, but it would have had to involve some very successful purchases. We all remember the signings like Anelka and the Lancashire Galacticos, but it would have taken a different model to crack the top four: the stars of today and tomorrow rather than yesterday, and it's by no means certain that they would have chosen to come to Bolton, even with Sam's expanded war-chest. Or perhaps, the wrong sorts of players would come.

It's perhaps instructive to look at who Sam signed that summer up at Newcastle:

Mark Viduka (Middlesbrough, free)
Joey Barton (City, £5.5m)
David Rozehnal (PSG, £2.9m)
Geremi (Chelsea, free)
Alan Smith (Rags, £6m)
Caçapa (Lyon, free)
José Enrique (Villarreal, £6.3m)
Abdoulaye Faye (Us, undisclosed)
Habib Beye (Marseille, £2m)

None of those names exactly ring down the decades as the sort of signing to propel you into the top four. Viduka was nearly 32 and apparently given £80,000 per week. Barton was damaged goods. Rozehnal was a failure, as was Geremi, on £58,000 per week. Smith was past his best and injury-prone but given a five-year contract, some of which he spent struggling to dislodge Danny Guthrie. Cacapa I'd completely forgotten about: he was a 31-year-old Brazilian defender (alarm bells ringing across the board) given a £40kpw two-year contract. He played 25 times. Jose Enrique was, I'll grant, a good player and kept his value, but only just – they sold him to Liverpool four years later for £7m, and £6.3m was a lot for a left-back in 2007. Faye we know, a good solid player but Champions League? Habib Beye was more of the same: decent enough, but not exactly top four – he was the sort of signing that Sam might have managed without an extra injection of fantasy money.

So: Eddie would have been sucked dry quicker, and we would still have faced an enormous struggle to reach the Champions League because the competition got even hotter. As noted, in Sam's last season, fourth-placed Arsenal got 68pts; in 2007/08, fourth-placed Liverpool got 76 points, which is the sort of searing two-points-per-game average which requires a large squad of good players. (2009: Arsenal 72, 2010: Spurs 70). Sam would still have left because Ambition, we'd have been saddled with more contracts at higher repayment over longer terms, and we might have gone to the wall five years ago.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7764
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:11 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:33 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:41 am
The diabolical mess the club's in now makes me wonder what would have happened if Big Sam had been allowed to spend his "ambition" money in addition to what we already did.
As you ask the hypothetical (and I'm currently reading a very enjoyable book of hypotheticals), at a rough guess: We might've finished fourth. But I doubt it.

In Sam's final season (06/07) we got 56pts; Arsenal, in fourth, got 68pts. It's not unimaginable to make up a 12-point gap, but it would have had to involve some very successful purchases. We all remember the signings like Anelka and the Lancashire Galacticos, but it would have taken a different model to crack the top four: the stars of today and tomorrow rather than yesterday, and it's by no means certain that they would have chosen to come to Bolton, even with Sam's expanded war-chest. Or perhaps, the wrong sorts of players would come.

It's perhaps instructive to look at who Sam signed that summer up at Newcastle:

Mark Viduka (Middlesbrough, free)
Joey Barton (City, £5.5m)
David Rozehnal (PSG, £2.9m)
Geremi (Chelsea, free)
Alan Smith (Rags, £6m)
Caçapa (Lyon, free)
José Enrique (Villarreal, £6.3m)
Abdoulaye Faye (Us, undisclosed)
Habib Beye (Marseille, £2m)

None of those names exactly ring down the decades as the sort of signing to propel you into the top four. Viduka was nearly 32 and apparently given £80,000 per week. Barton was damaged goods. Rozehnal was a failure, as was Geremi, on £58,000 per week. Smith was past his best and injury-prone but given a five-year contract, some of which he spent struggling to dislodge Danny Guthrie. Cacapa I'd completely forgotten about: he was a 31-year-old Brazilian defender (alarm bells ringing across the board) given a £40kpw two-year contract. He played 25 times. Jose Enrique was, I'll grant, a good player and kept his value, but only just – they sold him to Liverpool four years later for £7m, and £6.3m was a lot for a left-back in 2007. Faye we know, a good solid player but Champions League? Habib Beye was more of the same: decent enough, but not exactly top four – he was the sort of signing that Sam might have managed without an extra injection of fantasy money.

So: Eddie would have been sucked dry quicker, and we would still have faced an enormous struggle to reach the Champions League because the competition got even hotter. As noted, in Sam's last season, fourth-placed Arsenal got 68pts; in 2007/08, fourth-placed Liverpool got 76 points, which is the sort of searing two-points-per-game average which requires a large squad of good players. (2009: Arsenal 72, 2010: Spurs 70). Sam would still have left because Ambition, we'd have been saddled with more contracts at higher repayment over longer terms, and we might have gone to the wall five years ago.
You say that like it's a bad thing :)
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19680
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:39 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:11 am
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:33 am
and we might have gone to the wall five years ago.
You say that like it's a bad thing :)
Ha! Well, I for one have found the past five years... interesting.

I started in the mid-80s, just in time for the end of the previous long slide (f**king Aldershot), but this has felt completely different because of the financial distortion these days. Back then, it wasn't that long since clubs like Carlisle, Northampton and Swansea had rocketed up three divisions in half a decade with little more than a good manager and a collection of savvy old heads enlivened by genuine young talent.

Now it's much more stratified, and our gentle drift down the strata – from 2011, we've finished in 14th, 18th (R), 27th, 34th, 38th, 44th (R), 46th (P), 41st - may have to be reflected in our drift back upwards, if we are to have one at all. If we are to have a club at all. Funny how quickly you get used to the fact that the game I'm going to today might be the last ever in this club's 145-year history.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7764
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:53 am

Aye. The example you quoted above of Newcastle shows how easy it is to separate a fool from his millions in today's game. The amount paid in wages to those duffers listed (Geremi alone possibly!) would probably clear our debts.

I can't envisage there not being a BWFC in one form or another and I'm sure that won't happen.

For those nipping onto WW to read Howards latest musings- do yourself a favour and check out the you tube thread instead. Proper goosebumps stuff of our glory days
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests