Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:04 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:58 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:41 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:10 pm
Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:06 pm
Was just catching up on WW - seems the threads been deleted - for me anyhow, it ain't there no more (& was mid-read) - poof (as in smoke)
"Content" seems empty, too: http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/prof ... k/content/

(Unless I'm misunderstanding a forum I don't use)
They got nervous around libel...given some of the exchanges - twitchy arse kicked in....
Who's They.
It was Howard giving it the 'Big Know All' shit.
One poster asked him if he was aware of the law around libel... To which Howard replied [verbatim] "Very".
So, that means he stuck by what was already in the public domain (of which at least I have a copy, 8) )
I'm very open to offers. It's up for sale. The entire conversation.
Opening bid £2,000 (so you can own it and destroy it. Or own it and publish it. I don't give a fxck which).
PM me with offers and proof of payment. No tyre kickers.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:05 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Was just catching up on WW - seems the threads been deleted - for me anyhow, it ain't there no more (& was mid-read) - poof (as in smoke)
"Content" seems empty, too: http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/prof ... k/content/

They got nervous around libel...given some of the exchanges - twitchy arse kicked in....
Who's They.
One poster asked him if he was aware of the law around libel... To which Howard replied [verbatim] "Very".
So, that means he stuck by what was already in the public domain (of which at least I have a copy, 8) )
They is "site admin/mods".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:07 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:05 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Jim_McDonuts wrote:

Who's They.
They is "site admin/mods".
Why would they be bothered. They've done nothing wrong. Libel isn't incitement to riot, or enabling terrorism!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:17 pm

The punters on WW have started a new thread. The first post says simply - "Megson out."

Made me laugh.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:01 pm

They realised Howard had been on a massive wind up.

Worrying news tonight from one of the LoV lot saying that they think the Davies family have recalled the shares and started liquidation proceedings. Not sure where he’s got this from but it’s the guy who went to court to cover the hearing so....worrying.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:16 pm

Sir Walter Scott's.."Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practise to deceive..." might well have been written fro more than just K.A.. Sounds like this Howard character might benefit from a racing kick up the Biffin;s....or thereabouts
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:01 pm

Worrying news tonight from one of the LoV lot saying that they think the Davies family have recalled the shares and started liquidation proceedings. Not sure where he’s got this from but it’s the guy who went to court to cover the hearing so....worrying.
If it’s a wind up...I have to ask why!

The LoV Guy is the one who led on the protestisnt he...who knows where we would be without that now!! 😂

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Probably the LoV, that bastion of fine journalism, on a massive wind-up. I do find it funny how you dismisses a random forum post out of hand completely and in the very same post gives credence to a student on Twitter.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:32 pm

Well you now have to sign in to view...they have been had!

Or
It’s end game time! 🤔🤣

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:36 pm

Fxcking weeks of bullshit from Howard the fxcking Duck, and his quoters.
It was quite obvious bollox from the start!
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:37 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:29 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Probably the LoV, that bastion of fine journalism, on a massive wind-up. I do find it funny how you dismisses a random forum post out of hand completely and in the very same post gives credence to a student on Twitter.
Simply this - the information from LoV is coming from a few places, not just them. Staff seemingly reporting it is what they believe to be the case. I don’t think it will be anywhere near as cut and dried as is being made out. I’m also not saying it’s true. Just the rumour that originated from hotel staff this afternoon.

I dismissed Howard because it was obvious very quickly that he was a bullshitter a good one, but still a bullshitter, the details constantly changed to suit circumstances. And some details did not make any logical sense.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:38 pm

It would also tally with one of Howard's many notes...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:39 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:38 pm
It would also tally with one of Howard's many notes...
What wouldn't?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:42 pm

I'm really really really tooled off with all the fxcking know alls who know nowt.
Do you really think the Davies Family have started Liquidation proceedings? Really?
Why the fxck would they???????
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:43 pm

LOV reported Bassini as the new owner about 2 weeks ago for the record.

Some of the Howard stuff made sense - but it was in the public domain anyway, certainly the share recall is.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:44 pm

Who knows? Meanwhile, the club is run by a clown, the football is the worst in my lifetime and the alternative seems to be administration, liquidation or another clown.

Heaven forbid we have a bit of hope of some decent leadership.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:05 pm

Howards's biggest source of credibility, apart from his apparent knowledge in certain areas and the fact that his early narrative matched what was actually happening, was that he had convinced those who run WW that he was genuine, and they vouched for him. One would assume they would've taken reasonable steps to check his background if they were going to vouch for him, especially on such an important topic. I was frustrated when he first appeared, because I didn't trust his "facts" that were produced without explanation or evidence, and within hours hundreds of people began hanging on his every word. Then he seemed to have genuine knowledge, then his story began to fall apart, then today he sounded like an adolescent hooked on the buzz.

If Will Jones' tweet is true, then I see it as a positive rather than a negative. Ken being out of the picture means a far greater chance of any deal being done imho, If liquidation proceedings have begun(strange the Davies family would just do that on the same day they reclaimed the shares), then that process takes at least 1-2 weeks, time for someone like Michael James to come up with some way to solve this, possibly involving admin. Slim hopes but above zero with Ken driving full speed towards the cliff edge.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:52 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:05 pm
Howards's biggest source of credibility, apart from his apparent knowledge in certain areas and the fact that his early narrative matched what was actually happening, was that he had convinced those who run WW that he was genuine, and they vouched for him. One would assume they would've taken reasonable steps to check his background if they were going to vouch for him, especially on such an important topic. I was frustrated when he first appeared, because I didn't trust his "facts" that were produced without explanation or evidence, and within hours hundreds of people began hanging on his every word. Then he seemed to have genuine knowledge, then his story began to fall apart, then today he sounded like an adolescent hooked on the buzz.

If Will Jones' tweet is true, then I see it as a positive rather than a negative. Ken being out of the picture means a far greater chance of any deal being done imho, If liquidation proceedings have begun(strange the Davies family would just do that on the same day they reclaimed the shares), then that process takes at least 1-2 weeks, time for someone like Michael James to come up with some way to solve this, possibly involving admin. Slim hopes but above zero with Ken driving full speed towards the cliff edge.
But, but, we're only 48 hours from a signed deal! Ken told us.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Is it possible that the liquidation in question is the one iro the hotel that came to light earler today? As LLS says, why would ED's family want to liquidate the club a few weeks before the end of the season, paricularly as HMRC will do it for them on 8 May?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:13 pm

why would anyone want to liquidate a hotel that makes a profit (ignoring the minus point of BWFC) ?
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin: