Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:34 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:26 pm
1. appears as though our most gracious leader has the cash but is choosing not to spend it..
2. whose cash has he got ? his own or the money he has been advanced by the football league

What a sad state of affairs.....

I've seen references (in the BN, I think) to a frozen bank account. So, it might be that the money is there, but can't be accessed until a court allows it. I guess it's all to do with the HMRC winder - ie to prevent the funds being drained rather than used to pay legitimate bills and creditors.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:53 pm

Football League and the supporters trust appear to be saying that he has the cash but is choosing not to spend it..... which begs the question ..... where is the cash going ?? Weren't we meant to be a club with nearly no debt, and due to be showing a small profit this financial year ........ so...... where's the money going going gone ??
The conclusion seems to be that Anderson has the funds but choses not to use them which I suspected was the case. He has moved everything he could to ICI and has washed his hands of Bolton Wanderers, and is just looking to have HMRC liquidate the club. He came into the club with virtually nothing and is going to walk off into the sunset after May 8th with millions and the club a pile of ashes.. Our club is the casualty of this unscrupulous man who should have never been let anywhere near a football club.
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:04 pm

Sounds like a load more hot air.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:14 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:04 pm
Sounds like a load more hot air.
Could be, could be that he doesn't want to invest any personal cash and all lines of credit have now ended.
He's looking after his own interests and cares not a jot about Bolton Wanderers.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:17 pm

To clarify, I meant the meeting tonight!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:10 am

Am I correct in thinking that moving cash into his own bank account from the club what he got banned as a director for at Southampton?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:32 am

nelson66 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:53 pm
Football League and the supporters trust appear to be saying that he has the cash but is choosing not to spend it..... which begs the question ..... where is the cash going ?? Weren't we meant to be a club with nearly no debt, and due to be showing a small profit this financial year ........ so...... where's the money going going gone ??
The conclusion seems to be that Anderson has the funds but choses not to use them which I suspected was the case. He has moved everything he could to ICI and has washed his hands of Bolton Wanderers, and is just looking to have HMRC liquidate the club. He came into the club with virtually nothing and is going to walk off into the sunset after May 8th with millions and the club a pile of ashes.. Our club is the casualty of this unscrupulous man who should have never been let anywhere near a football club.
Where is this quote from?

I like what I've read about this meeting last night. Sounds like reasonable people who have passion for the club looking for solutions or ways to prevent the worst from happening by bringing various groups of supporters together. This is all we can do and what we need.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:48 pm

The council will decide tomorrow morning whether Saturday's game can go ahead.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... -go-ahead/

They work on the (not unreasonable) assumption that if staff haven't been paid, they might not turn up. I don't think the non-playing staff are due their salaries until the end of the month, but they might decide to withdraw their labour on the (not unreasonable) assumption that the payment will not be forthcoming.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:57 am

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:58 am

A nice cheerful update, as per.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:03 pm

...like my predecessor the late Eddie Davies, l reluctantly decided enough was enough and stopped funding the businesses apart from the February salaries... Accordingly, all payments due now have to be met through the club's own limited cash flow, which is now becoming even more difficult because of the bank accounts being effectively frozen and validation orders having to be obtained...

...it has been made very clear that l was not wanted at the club, so why would l continue to fund it? No doubt, something similar prompted the decision that the late Eddie Davies also came to in 2015...As they say, talk is cheap, put your money where your mouth is...

There has been a great deal of comment about the failures of the recent takeovers and the reasons for this.For the record, when push came to shove the buyers simply did not have the cash , despite numerous assurances. As far as l am concerned, it had nothing to do with the creditors being higher than they were toId, or what l was demanding personally, as this is simply not the case.

As l have previously stated, l had agreed to accept a lower amount than l actually paid for my shares from several of the potential buyers and even then they wanted and l agreed to defer some of the payment due to me as did the other secured creditors.

The reality is they were probably hoping it would go into administration and they would then acquire it for substantially less, albeit with a points deduction, but a significant saving on creditors.

I hope the above has given everyone a better understanding of the reality of the club's financial position today, but the most important thing to appreciate is that this club cannot survive, let alone prosper on its current revenue streams in any division outside the Premiership without the benefit of substantial and continued financial support from a wealthy benefactor.
In other words: "the club can't survive without someone putting in money, and I'm not going to do it. I'm a bit like Eddie Davies, me."

I work with words for a living, yet at this very moment I cannot express quite how much I loathe this self-regarding waste of organs.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:04 pm

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:06 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:03 pm
...like my predecessor the late Eddie Davies, l reluctantly decided enough was enough and stopped funding the businesses apart from the February salaries... Accordingly, all payments due now have to be met through the club's own limited cash flow, which is now becoming even more difficult because of the bank accounts being effectively frozen and validation orders having to be obtained...

...it has been made very clear that l was not wanted at the club, so why would l continue to fund it? No doubt, something similar prompted the decision that the late Eddie Davies also came to in 2015...As they say, talk is cheap, put your money where your mouth is...

There has been a great deal of comment about the failures of the recent takeovers and the reasons for this.For the record, when push came to shove the buyers simply did not have the cash , despite numerous assurances. As far as l am concerned, it had nothing to do with the creditors being higher than they were toId, or what l was demanding personally, as this is simply not the case.

As l have previously stated, l had agreed to accept a lower amount than l actually paid for my shares from several of the potential buyers and even then they wanted and l agreed to defer some of the payment due to me as did the other secured creditors.

The reality is they were probably hoping it would go into administration and they would then acquire it for substantially less, albeit with a points deduction, but a significant saving on creditors.

I hope the above has given everyone a better understanding of the reality of the club's financial position today, but the most important thing to appreciate is that this club cannot survive, let alone prosper on its current revenue streams in any division outside the Premiership without the benefit of substantial and continued financial support from a wealthy benefactor.
In other words: "the club can't survive without someone putting in money, and I'm not going to do it. I'm a bit like Eddie Davies, me."

I work with words for a living, yet at this very moment I cannot express quite how much I loathe this self-regarding waste of organs.
I'd like to point out that ED still came to games even after he stopped being the owner. So this narrative that ED didn't attend games as he felt concerned for his safety is about as big a lie as............(I'm not saying it...I'm not.....).....

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:07 pm

fecking Hell

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:11 pm

Iles: "Understand that an adjournment has been granted until May 8 in the Bolton Whites Hotel winding-up hearing at the High Court."

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:12 pm

I'm starting to think this Anderson character might be a bell-end.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:14 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:12 pm
I'm starting to think this Anderson character might be a bell-end.
Ken and Lee right now...

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:15 pm

That just seemed like a rambling way to say ‘we’re fecked but it ain’t my fault’.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:41 pm

club sale is imminent ----- YAWN YAWN YAWN
I recall hearing similar bullship before....
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:51 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:41 pm
club sale is imminent ----- YAWN YAWN YAWN
I recall hearing similar bullship before....
Not on this one you haven't. No mention of an imminent or even eventual takeover. Closest we get is quite the opposite: "the failures of the recent takeovers". Let's hope Captain Wrong will strike again.