Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:56 pm

All I read into that was that the Anderson dummy is well and truly spat-out, and that our club is well and truly 4ucked.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:01 pm

Iles has been notably quiet recently, refusing to react to unsourced/unprovable rumour. I detect a shift. The timing of Ken's note may be his last burblings as he's bundled into the back of the van.

Christ, that it comes to this. Bassini is nobody's idea of a saviour but Anderson has now clearly reached the point where he's refusing to keep the club alive, even if he has the money. Bassini's the sturdiest root we can grab as we get dragged toward Niagara... not a very sturdy root, but grasp we must...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:06 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:01 pm
Iles has been notably quiet recently, refusing to react to unsourced/unprovable rumour. I detect a shift. The timing of Ken's note may be his last burblings as he's bundled into the back of the van.

Christ, that it comes to this. Bassini is nobody's idea of a saviour but Anderson has now clearly reached the point where he's refusing to keep the club alive, even if he has the money. Bassini's the sturdiest root we can grab as we get dragged toward Niagara... not a very sturdy root, but grasp we must...
Christ. You've fallen for it.....

Nixon might have been onto something.....

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:12 pm

feck me. What a grade A bell end this bloke is.

I actually was supportive until the turn of the year...but you can just see the amount of bullshit we have been fed...have you paid yourself Ken?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:06 pm
DSB wrote:Christ, that it comes to this. Bassini is nobody's idea of a saviour but Anderson has now clearly reached the point where he's refusing to keep the club alive, even if he has the money. Bassini's the sturdiest root we can grab as we get dragged toward Niagara... not a very sturdy root, but grasp we must...

How do you mean?

I mean, we can just wait to get wound up on the 8th if you want. I'll pop the kettle on...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:39 pm

Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:29 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
DSB wrote:Christ, that it comes to this. Bassini is nobody's idea of a saviour but Anderson has now clearly reached the point where he's refusing to keep the club alive, even if he has the money. Bassini's the sturdiest root we can grab as we get dragged toward Niagara... not a very sturdy root, but grasp we must...

How do you mean?

I mean, we can just wait to get wound up on the 8th if you want. I'll pop the kettle on...
Nixon replied to someone on twitter suggesting that he believes the statement was designed to make everyone say "well Bassini is better than liquidation". Which is exactly what we're all doing now.

It may be the only show in town. Until he is actually confirmed and we know if there is any money I'm still very wary of whether this is real or just a stunt.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:43 pm

Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:51 pm
nelson66 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:41 pm
club sale is imminent ----- YAWN YAWN YAWN
I recall hearing similar bullship before....
Not on this one you haven't. No mention of an imminent or even eventual takeover. Closest we get is quite the opposite: "the failures of the recent takeovers". Let's hope Captain Wrong will strike again.
Who's Captain Wrong? Nicko, Iles, Howard, Bassini or Ken? Too many false prophets...

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:39 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

How do you mean?

Nixon replied to someone on twitter suggesting that he believes the statement was designed to make everyone say "well Bassini is better than liquidation". Which is exactly what we're all doing now.

It may be the only show in town. Until he is actually confirmed and we know if there is any money I'm still very wary of whether this is real or just a stunt.
It surely can’t be a coincidence that Bassini is popping up just before court appearances and then seemingly retreating once we’ve got a stay of execution.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:45 pm

Bassini has no money, unless he is the front man for dodgy Thai cash

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:49 pm

Ken; If you're reading, and whilst addressing the subject of loans, perhaps you could answer this?

Have BWFC, Burnden Leisure or Inner Circle Invetments ever borrowed money on a short term basis against future guaranteed income, if so how was that money accounted for, and has that money been paid back, and if not, who is responsible for that repayment, and has that impacted the price involved in any takeover bid?

Thanks in anticipation for your response.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

How do you mean?

Oh I see.

But Bassini is better than liquidation, if we accept the fairly logical assumption that liquidation means expulsion from the Football League. Bassini may very well be an inept buffoon, but if so, maybe we then get someone else, as Watford did. Far less likely to do so in the North West Counties League.

At the heart of your/Nixon's/twitter's conspiracy/misinformation theory are several assumptions.

One, that we have any control whatsoever over what Anderson does (hence the idea of us being in some way "thankful" that he's selling to Bassini.

Two, that Anderson gives a tin shit in a sandstorm about what we think.

Three, that there are viable alternative purchasers who are somehow negated by powerless fans clinging to the hope that Bassini's better than Anderson. (If it's the latter, they've been weirdly quiet, except for when they've loudly noted how difficult Ken is to deal with.)

Four, that Anderson gains anything at all by setting up Bassini as some weird reverse invisible Trojan horse that doesn't exist.

Five, that Anderson can do number Four without mentioning Bassini in his latest notes. ("I need to make them want Bassini. What I'll do is not mention Bassini, except perhaps by passive-aggressively lumping him in with other failed takeovers. That'll do it.")

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:55 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:45 pm
Genuinely interested: How do we know the Thai cash is dodgy? Is all Thai cash dodgy? Should someone tell Leicester?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:57 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:43 pm
nelson66 wrote:
club sale is imminent ----- YAWN YAWN YAWNI recall hearing similar bullship before....
Not on this one you haven't. No mention of an imminent or even eventual takeover. Closest we get is quite the opposite: "the failures of the recent takeovers". Let's hope Captain Wrong will strike again.
Who's Captain Wrong? Nicko, Iles, Howard, Bassini or Ken? Too many false prophets...
Sorry - Ken. "Wrong" is one option. What I meant was, let's hope Ken's wrong about that.

piesrus
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by piesrus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:05 pm

I cannot believe that Bassini has the funds to buy us. There may be some other entity waiting in the wings; I hope so. Ken seems to repeat a mantra about NDAs, so I sense something is in the air. Maybe his trip to the US is relevant, maybe not.
He now looks like he has washed his hands of creditors, particularly the football staff. He has basically told them to FO. How will they react? Will the Villa game go ahead? Will any of our remaining games go ahead? It's all so depressing.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:06 pm

nelson66 wrote:
club sale is imminent ----- YAWN YAWN YAWN
I recall hearing similar bullship before....
Strange innit. Previous kalxon's have announced "great things" in the offing. This one, totally silent on the possibility. :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:07 pm

Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:54 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

How do you mean?

Oh I see.

But Bassini is better than liquidation, if we accept the fairly logical assumption that liquidation means expulsion from the Football League. Bassini may very well be an inept buffoon, but if so, maybe we then get someone else, as Watford did. Far less likely to do so in the North West Counties League.

At the heart of your/Nixon's/twitter's conspiracy/misinformation theory are several assumptions.

One, that we have any control whatsoever over what Anderson does (hence the idea of us being in some way "thankful" that he's selling to Bassini.

Two, that Anderson gives a tin shit in a sandstorm about what we think.

Three, that there are viable alternative purchasers who are somehow negated by powerless fans clinging to the hope that Bassini's better than Anderson. (If it's the latter, they've been weirdly quiet, except for when they've loudly noted how difficult Ken is to deal with.)

Four, that Anderson gains anything at all by setting up Bassini as some weird reverse invisible Trojan horse that doesn't exist.

Five, that Anderson can do number Four without mentioning Bassini in his latest notes. ("I need to make them want Bassini. What I'll do is not mention Bassini, except perhaps by passive-aggressively lumping him in with other failed takeovers. That'll do it.")
I'm with you. Rather an EFL approved Bassini deal than the alternative - obviously not ideal but better.

Beggars can't be choosers. But there we are.

You will have the Supporters Trust lot banging on about wealthy groups who would have bought us had KA not been such a dick....they said the same about ED when he was selling - it was nonsense then. I don't know about now but I struggle to see anyone with genuine money wanting to invest it in BWFC and being put off by Ken wanting a few more million than he should get. Certainly not if Bassini is able to complete....

piesrus
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by piesrus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:23 pm

Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:55 pm
jmjhb wrote:
Genuinely interested: How do we know the Thai cash is dodgy? Is all Thai cash dodgy? Should someone tell Leicester?
Bassini said in his Talksport interview that he had no backers. All monies to be invested is his alone.
It may be of interest that King Power are not held in particularly high regard in Thailand, be it by visitors or residents. They have a monopoly currently being broken up, so the future of Leicester City may not be quite so rosy.
The other Thai owned club is Sheffield Wednesday. Their owners; the John West brand plus others; have previously fallen foul of EU fishing regulations. Wednesday were under a transfer embargo at the beginning of the season, might still be. Think on that while you eat your tuna and cucumber lunchtime butty.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:26 pm

Big question and concern regarding Bassini (above the obvious ones to do with him and his lack of money), is what would be the ongoing involvement of Paul Aldridge, or even the Andersons, if any?
Last edited by bristol_Wanderer3 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:26 pm

piesrus wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:23 pm
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:55 pm
jmjhb wrote:
Bassini said in his Talksport interview that he had no backers. All monies to be invested is his alone.
It may be of interest that King Power are not held in particularly high regard in Thailand, be it by visitors or residents. They have a monopoly currently being broken up, so the future of Leicester City may not be quite so rosy.
The other Thai owned club is Sheffield Wednesday. Their owners; the John West brand plus others; have previously fallen foul of EU fishing regulations. Wednesday were under a transfer embargo at the beginning of the season, might still be. Think on that while you eat your tuna and cucumber lunchtime butty.
Rather a club in existence under embargo, than no club at all.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:28 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:26 pm
Big question and concern (above the obvious ones to do with him and his lack of money), is what would be the ongoing involvement of Paul Aldridge, or even the Andersons, if any?
Heard from a very good source that as part of the deal Lee Anderson is guaranteed first dibs on matchday mascot.

And Ken's taking over the catering gig from Paul Heathcote...make sure you go to the game well supped and fed everyone....