Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:40 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:25 pm
CLUB STATEMENT
https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/club-statement2/
Bolton Wanderers Football Club are delighted to announce that a sale and purchase agreement has been signed which will see Ken Anderson's shareholding in Burnden Leisure Limited being sold to Mr Laurence Bassini.

This agreement will give Laurence Bassini full control of Burnden Leisure Limited and of course both Bolton Wanderers Football Club and Whites Hotel.

The change of ownership requires approval by the English Football League before the deal can be finalised. The financial terms of the transaction will remain private and confidential between the parties.

We are sure supporters will be very pleased to understand that as part of the transaction, all of the existing loans to the club will be settled in full and the associated charges removed, meaning the business will be debt free for the first time in many years.

Outgoing Chairman Ken Anderson said: "I am very pleased to hand over ownership of this great club to Laurence, I wish him and all of our supporters the very best for the future."

Prior to the ratification by the EFL, significant funds will be immediately be made available to the club enabling the payment of the outstanding wages to the players and coaching staff along with a number of the long term creditors.

Once completion has occurred, all the long terms debts to HMRC and suppliers will be settled.

Further comments including an interview with Mr Bassini will follow in due course.
Some bold statements in there - especially about wiping the existing loans and charges - as well as sorting out all the back-pay and long term debts...that's some serious money spent there, if true.
Bit that caught my eye most was that he's paying wages etc before even officially becoming owner.....a move designed to say "hey I'm on your side" to the fans perhaps?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:47 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bolton Wanderers Football Club are delighted to announce that a sale and purchase agreement has been signed which will see Ken Anderson's shareholding in Burnden Leisure Limited being sold to Mr Laurence Bassini.

This agreement will give Laurence Bassini full control of Burnden Leisure Limited and of course both Bolton Wanderers Football Club and Whites Hotel.

The change of ownership requires approval by the English Football League before the deal can be finalised. The financial terms of the transaction will remain private and confidential between the parties.

We are sure supporters will be very pleased to understand that as part of the transaction, all of the existing loans to the club will be settled in full and the associated charges removed, meaning the business will be debt free for the first time in many years.

Outgoing Chairman Ken Anderson said: "I am very pleased to hand over ownership of this great club to Laurence, I wish him and all of our supporters the very best for the future."

Prior to the ratification by the EFL, significant funds will be immediately be made available to the club enabling the payment of the outstanding wages to the players and coaching staff along with a number of the long term creditors.

Once completion has occurred, all the long terms debts to HMRC and suppliers will be settled.

Further comments including an interview with Mr Bassini will follow in due course.
Some bold statements in there - especially about wiping the existing loans and charges - as well as sorting out all the back-pay and long term debts...that's some serious money spent there, if true.
Doesn't say when (let alone how) those debts will be settled. Notably, perhaps, the players and "a number of the long-term creditors" will be paid "prior to" EFL ratification, with other long-term debts – including to the taxman - settled after Harvey's mob give the nod.

But yes, it is now a matter of official club record that "the business will be debt free". Let us genuinely hope this proves more accurate than some other club communiqués.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:49 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:42 pm
In X months' time, we will have more debt than today and be in a lower league (though I accept we are in it already in all but name). We won't even be getting our tyres kicked, let alone taken for a test drive.
Tier-three clubs do get taken over. We'll see. I don't have much faith in Bassini's ability, but I have far less fear of his intentions.
TonyDomingos wrote:
By the way, I think you used "going forwards" in a post earlier today.
Sorry. I winced myself as I typed it but couldn't be arsed to change it.
TonyDomingos wrote:
Do I not like that. :D
Careful now. Graham Taylor and Bassini weren't best buds...

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport ... -the-club/

Taylor left the club in May 2012.

popeyedoyle
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by popeyedoyle » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:12 pm

In Anderson's parting shot he says this football club and most of the championship clubs aren't sustainable without a rich benefactor.
Can I suggest we stop signing journeymen paying £10k a week and start blooding the youngsters now. For most football clubs outside the premiership this has to be the way forward and scout the kids at prem clubs with a view to signing once they get released.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:13 pm

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:49 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
By the way, I think you used "going forwards" in a post earlier today.
Sorry. I winced myself as I typed it but couldn't be arsed to change it.

Just so long as you haven't 'reached out' or used the 'direction of travel' ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:27 pm

So, out the frying pan it is then.........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurence_ ... qhv81gOlCQ
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:30 pm

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:47 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

Doesn't say when (let alone how) those debts will be settled. Notably, perhaps, the players and "a number of the long-term creditors" will be paid "prior to" EFL ratification, with other long-term debts – including to the taxman - settled after Harvey's mob give the nod.

But yes, it is now a matter of official club record that "the business will be debt free". Let us genuinely hope this proves more accurate than some other club communiqués.
They could've picked their words carefully - true. "As part of the transaction" often implies at point of sale (as the transaction itself is sorta "instantaneous") - but maybe I'm reading too much into it all. :-)

piesrus
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by piesrus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:36 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:47 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:28 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:26 pm
Big question and concern (above the obvious ones to do with him and his lack of money), is what would be the ongoing involvement of Paul Aldridge, or even the Andersons, if any?
Heard from a very good source that as part of the deal Lee Anderson is guaranteed first dibs on matchday mascot.

And Ken's taking over the catering gig from Paul Heathcote...make sure you go to the game well supped and fed everyone....

So, you're saying our new friend piesrus is, in fact, Ken? Interesting. I'd have thought liesrus might be a more fitting user name. :D
I am neither Ken or Iles. If you need confirmation of that you could perhaps ask the site admin, if you have any contacts there. I presume they have details of my ISP and I have no problem with them sharing that info with you privately.

piesrus
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by piesrus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:45 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:25 pm
CLUB STATEMENT
https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/club-statement2/

Bit that caught my eye most was that he's paying wages etc before even officially becoming owner.....a move designed to say "hey I'm on your side" to the fans perhaps?
Or Ken could be paying.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:44 pm

piesrus wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:36 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Big question and concern (above the obvious ones to do with him and his lack of money), is what would be the ongoing involvement of Paul Aldridge, or even the Andersons, if any?
Heard from a very good source that as part of the deal Lee Anderson is guaranteed first dibs on matchday mascot.

And Ken's taking over the catering gig from Paul Heathcote...make sure you go to the game well supped and fed everyone....

So, you're saying our new friend piesrus is, in fact, Ken? Interesting. I'd have thought liesrus might be a more fitting user name. :D
I am neither Ken or Iles. If you need confirmation of that you could perhaps ask the site admin, if you have any contacts there. I presume they have details of my ISP and I have no problem with them sharing that info with you privately.
Sorry. I was just making a feeble joke. :oops:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:49 pm

Hopefully our club is saved from insolvency - we might have to endure choppy waters ahead - but at least the iceberg has been avoided
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

piesrus
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by piesrus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:50 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:44 pm
piesrus wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:36 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

Sorry. I was just making a feeble joke. :oops:
Sense of humour failure on my part. All's good.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:18 pm

And Ken cans say we weren’t relegated on his watch...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:35 pm

That was the bizarrest afternoon I've had in a while.

At 11am I'm reading Ken saying, & I'm paraphrasing here, "you're all fecked. Nobody was interested"

I look again at 3pm and Ken's all "I welcome Laurence to this wonderful club and its supporters"

Strap yourselves in folks
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:41 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:18 pm
He can claim that only if everything, including EFL approval, is sorted by 3pm on Friday.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:58 pm

I’m sure that’s his intention the egotistical c u n t!

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:06 pm

Nevermind all that, what do Howardś WanderersWays make of all this?!

:wink:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:07 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:41 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:18 pm
He can claim that only if everything, including EFL approval, is sorted by 3pm on Friday.
Worth noting that both us and Bradford could go down on Friday. Poor old Parky.

On the bright side, his prior club Charlton could confirm their play-off place.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:14 pm

Will be interesting to hear more details. So far the statements suggest Ken sold his shares for a "nominal amount".

- Are Michael James and Brett Warburton still creditors?
- Has Ken paid off Moonshift?
- Does Bassini have the money to pay off all the unsecured creditors (£20mish) or will he try and do some sort of deal?
- Nixon has already previously suggested Paul Aldridge will be involved, will the Andersons?

If Ken did indeed move money out of the club using ICI then that is where the benefit is for him, a no questions asked give the shares away deal to Bassini.

Still we aren't liquidated just yet....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:28 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:14 pm
Will be interesting to hear more details. So far the statements suggest Ken sold his shares for a "nominal amount".

- Are Michael James and Brett Warburton still creditors?
- Has Ken paid off Moonshift?
- Does Bassini have the money to pay off all the unsecured creditors (£20mish) or will he try and do some sort of deal?
- Nixon has already previously suggested Paul Aldridge will be involved, will the Andersons?

If Ken did indeed move money out of the club using ICI then that is where the benefit is for him, a no questions asked give the shares away deal to Bassini.

Still we aren't liquidated just yet....
According to Nixon (https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -anderson/)

• "Anderson had prepared a potential move into administration and a sale to Football Ventures [Whites] Limited who include Sharon Britan and local businessman Mike James who is owed £6million by the club. However Anderson decided to hand over to Bassini instead and the deal will be complete once initial bills are paid to management and players - with the Football League needing that cash to be handed over.... James is a secured creditor who is still due around £6 million"

• "Eddie Davies... gave his beloved club a £5m loan before he died and that is now overdue. The Davies family were also looking for further unsecured loans to be paid back, many used to bankroll the club after his departure. However they may now be lost."

On Warburton, and your questions 3 and 4, no idea. Are you sure Nixon was referring to the Bassini deal when he said Aldridge would still be involved? Hmmm... much has changed since then.