Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by malcd1 » Fri May 03, 2019 8:44 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:23 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:10 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:05 pm

Four sleeps until extinction.
I'm an hour ahead in Italy at the mo so I'll let you all know.
:lol:
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Fri May 03, 2019 11:41 pm

hundred
pages
of
this
prick
lee
pair

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat May 04, 2019 3:34 am

Ah, Macca, I couldn't agree more.

There would be no self respecting football club where I live that would countenance such weeds on their ground.

:mrgreen:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 04, 2019 3:23 pm

https://t.co/XWhRQgRLH7?amp=1

Deano passes a few compliments..

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat May 04, 2019 6:49 pm

Dujon wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 3:34 am
Ah, Macca, I couldn't agree more.

There would be no self respecting football club where I live that would countenance such weeds on their ground.

:mrgreen:
:pissed: (in both senses)

coyw :oyea:

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:24 pm

So I have concerns about this scenario, if nothing significant happens Tuesday, and we go to court Wednesday in a similar position as we are now:

- Ken either because he feels he is hamstrung by the Bassini contract, or because he wants this to end in liquidation, or because of pure apathy or because of prior arrangements, does nothing to prepare for the hearing on Wednesday. Paul Aldridge is rumoured to have left the building, but even he hasn't, for whatever reason, he does nothing either.

- Bassini keeps telling everyone he is the owner of the club, but whilst doing so doesn't even realize there is a hearing on Wednesday, or if/when he does realize doesn't know what anything means and does nothing about the hearing on Wednesday.

- Moonshift, paralysed by fear of being saddled with the responsibility for running the club for a period of time, not only do not put the club into admin on Tuesday, but also do nothing about the hearing on Wednesday, believing it isn't their responsibility.

- Hilary Stonefrost isn't instructed by anybody to represent the club on Wednesday, and therefore doesn't do so.

The Judge sees a load of new creditors demanding substantial repayments, and no one from BWFC to represent our case and grants the winding up order.

Is this possible? Is it likely?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun May 05, 2019 3:39 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 3:24 pm
So I have concerns about this scenario, if nothing significant happens Tuesday, and we go to court Wednesday in a similar position as we are now:

- Ken either because he feels he is hamstrung by the Bassini contract, or because he wants this to end in liquidation, or because of pure apathy or because of prior arrangements, does nothing to prepare for the hearing on Wednesday. Paul Aldridge is rumoured to have left the building, but even he hasn't, for whatever reason, he does nothing either.

- Bassini keeps telling everyone he is the owner of the club, but whilst doing so doesn't even realize there is a hearing on Wednesday, or if/when he does realize doesn't know what anything means and does nothing about the hearing on Wednesday.

- Moonshift, paralysed by fear of being saddled with the responsibility for running the club for a period of time, not only do not put the club into admin on Tuesday, but also do nothing about the hearing on Wednesday, believing it isn't their responsibility.

- Hilary Stonefrost isn't instructed by anybody to represent the club on Wednesday, and therefore doesn't do so.

The Judge sees a load of new creditors demanding substantial repayments, and no one from BWFC to represent our case and grants the winding up order.

Is this possible? Is it likely?
I'd say it's a series of things which are individually unlikely, to a greater or lesser extent, combining into an accumulator of unlikeliness.

• Ken does nothing to prepare:
Ken will be preparing alright. For his own best outcome, which might not chime with ours, but there you go.

• Bassini doesn't realise there's a hearing:
He's a wally but he's not an idiot. He'll be busy trying to prove his own fiscal suitability; the worry is not that he'll do nothing but that he'll manage to do enough to force the EFL - although Bassini is better than liquidation (at least it kicks the can a while).

• Moonshift paralysed into indecision:
This is a worry, but again money talks. As the later Eddie loans are unsecured, as I understand it they would recoup a lot less from liquidation than they would from admin, even if they have to pay for it.

• Hilary Stonefrost doesn't show up:
Unlikely, I'd have thought. Ken knows a good player when he sees one. Unless she's not been paid.

Surely the common-sense thing is for someone in the consortium to separately offer to Moonshift to fund or part-fund admin. Maybe this will happen on Tuesday.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 06, 2019 6:09 am

Throwing a few pennies at this is like throwing petrol on a fire. Bwfcst have a track record of dreaming and self importance but good luck, I'd want to know just whose grubby hands would end up with your cash.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon May 06, 2019 8:56 am

Roger Allanson is one of the board isn’t he?

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17 ... es-breach/

I wonder if the supporters trust merit their own thread - they may be reaching out to the other message boards I guess?

That request is too cloak and dagger to me - what are they after us investing in / who controls the money? Has anyone been in touch with them?

piesrus
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by piesrus » Mon May 06, 2019 9:04 am

Years ago, like many others, I bought shares in Burnden Leisure. Once bitten, twice shy.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon May 06, 2019 10:41 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:56 am
Roger Allanson is one of the board isn’t he?

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17 ... es-breach/

I wonder if the supporters trust merit their own thread - they may be reaching out to the other message boards I guess?

That request is too cloak and dagger to me - what are they after us investing in / who controls the money? Has anyone been in touch with them?

Yes, the thing with Allanson needs to be dealt with, for credibility purposes if nothing else (there's more on his SRA solicitor's record, which can be found HERE). Perhaps it's not as big a deal a it seems but it doesn't make for very good reading to me as a layman and his involvement needs to be fully explained at the very least. Iles has always been supportive of the Trust, as any club's local journalist should, but this is really something he should have questioned by now.

In theory, I'm interested in the idea of a Supporters' Trust with influence either partially owning the club or having a seat on the board but this recent statement makes me worried that they might cause problems with the administration process (assuming there is one). They get first refusal if I understand it correctly, and I'm terrified that they will end up wasting time trying to find a way to take over and that the Far Eastern businessmen who are apparently interested in buying us along with James and FVW lose patience and walk away.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon May 06, 2019 12:12 pm

Similar to Nicholado I like the concept of an active Supporters Trust, I would like to see a representation on the board for an active, inclusive Supporters Trust that truly attempts to represent our fan base. Seeing that "appeal" makes me despair. "If there is someone out there who has a few spare pennies, how about joining with others to buy a football club? We are looking for around £50m initially, ideally by Wednesday this week". Jeez.

In other news:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon May 06, 2019 12:17 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:09 am
Throwing a few pennies at this is like throwing petrol on a fire. Bwfcst have a track record of dreaming and self importance but good luck, I'd want to know just whose grubby hands would end up with your cash.
I have as much trust in the Supporter's Trust as I do in Anderson and Bassini. That equates to not a lot.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon May 06, 2019 1:08 pm

The supporters trust model is a comparison to Pompey - they seem an obvious comparison now as both clubs of a similar size. The way the trust shut down enquiries last time asked more questions than it answered for me. But I’m interested - there is quite obviously no knight in shining armour with pockets of cash rocking up - we’re going to be a league one club on -20 so it needs a sustainable business model - it would be nice if fans were on board to keep owners in check.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon May 06, 2019 1:16 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:08 pm
The supporters trust model is a comparison to Pompey - they seem an obvious comparison now as both clubs of a similar size. The way the trust shut down enquiries last time asked more questions than it answered for me. But I’m interested - there is quite obviously no knight in shining armour with pockets of cash rocking up - we’re going to be a league one club on -20 so it needs a sustainable business model - it would be nice if fans were on board to keep owners in check.
The Supporter's Trust and fans seem to me to be two different demographics
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:19 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:16 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
So being constructive, ideas for what needs to change for it to look like something that could work/get support?

- Better representation of our fan base i.e. change the ST election structure so we ensure better representation of all groups? Perhaps ensure there is representation from club employees, TW/WW forums, young people/students etc etc?

- Abandon any ideas make bids to own the club outright. Too unrealistic, if anyone with the required level of wealth was around we wouldn't be talking about it or making appeals on a low traffic website. Focus on dialogue, gaining influence with owners?

- More work along with the club on bringing people into the BWFC world, expanding fan base?

Not really able to focus much mental energy on this just now, but I am sure there are lots of good ideas out there. Throw them in!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon May 06, 2019 2:37 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:19 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:16 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
So being constructive, ideas for what needs to change for it to look like something that could work/get support?

- Better representation of our fan base i.e. change the ST election structure so we ensure better representation of all groups? Perhaps ensure there is representation from club employees, TW/WW forums, young people/students etc etc?

- Abandon any ideas make bids to own the club outright. Too unrealistic, if anyone with the required level of wealth was around we wouldn't be talking about it or making appeals on a low traffic website. Focus on dialogue, gaining influence with owners?

- More work along with the club on bringing people into the BWFC world, expanding fan base?

Not really able to focus much mental energy on this just now, but I am sure there are lots of good ideas out there. Throw them in!
It's like politics: you want Kennedy/Lenin and you have actually got May/Maduro.
So the dreamers think I know what, I'll change politics, and then you have to start at the bottom trying to get more votes than Larry Lord Top Hat. And it costs you five hundred quid a throw.
In the end you think, fxck it. And then notice a few dickheads actually have thrown in between them five hundred quid, only for the silly cxnts to ask you and ten million others if they'll give THEM a few million for next go round.
No thanks.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon May 06, 2019 2:50 pm

And just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, we've now got another royal mouth to feed. Fk. I've had enough.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon May 06, 2019 2:58 pm

Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Mon May 06, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください