Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by malcd1 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:29 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:20 pm
Nixon now saying there is a brand new player in the picture! The crazy football ownership reality show continues...

That certainly doesn't sound good to me.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:31 pm

Owen Oyston? :) *nervous laughter*

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:38 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:31 pm
Nixon was backing Basran or Kenyon just a few hours back. Neither of whom would really have counted as "mystery bidder" in my eyes.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:38 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Nixon was backing Basran or Kenyon just a few hours back. Neither of whom would really have counted as "mystery bidder" in my eyes.
Quite, it is shifting wildly very quickly. It is the "surely the league will ask questions" bit that is interesting/disturbing...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:49 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:40 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Quite, it is shifting wildly very quickly. It is the "surely the league will ask questions" bit that is interesting/disturbing...
That's surely the fly in this ointment? Worrying...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:51 pm

EFL not noted for flies in ointment...

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:56 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:20 pm
Nixon now saying there is a brand new player in the picture! The crazy football ownership reality show continues...

I'm quite sure this is complete rubbish.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:56 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:40 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Well we're not sure it's shifted at all... Mystery Bidder (not Basran nor Kenyon) has been speculated since day before M'luds appearance.

Unfortunately that could be the mystery bidder Anderson proclaimed existed or the one that's allegedly dealt direct with Moonshift or yet another "mystery bidder"

Simples. :-)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:13 pm

I'm afraid I'm on the side of cynicism here. I genuinely hope it's true, but it feels like an expertly-lobbed smoke-bomb.

"Dear people who hate me and want me gone. Your new daddy will pay for your chippy tea on Friday. But only if he gives me enough money first."

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:07 pm

Yep...I’m wavering towards us starting next season on -12...which surely has to be the second worse outcome in all of this.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:29 pm

An interesting element in all of this is that Moonshift have an option to commandeer KA's shares in Burnden Leisure (his 94.5% holding) if he is found to be in default on the £5m that Moonshift loaned to KA (Inner Circle Investments). The loan was due to be repaid on 28th February. Iles has mentioned this, and It has been stated elsewhere that Moonshift already submitted notice to take the shares and that it becomes active on the 2nd April. That would in theory mean KA has to make a deal or lose his shares and therefore his position as owner of the club, by Tuesday. Big question there:

- Can KA challenge this in the courts, and if so would KA challenge this, thus postponing the process, which would mean he would still be at the wheel for the period leading up to and after the 3rd April?
Moonshift are thought to have an option in the fine print of the £5million loan supplied by late owner Eddie Davies shortly before his death last September which allows them to take control of Anderson’s 94.5 per cent stake in Wanderers’ parent company, Burnden Leisure, if it goes into default.

That scenario could yet come into play if a deal to sell the club outright – still a distinct possibility, Anderson claimed on Monday – is not struck before the hearing on April 3.
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... -pay-woes/

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:39 pm

The “option” isn’t in the “fine print” it’s right there in black and white available free to view on companies house.

Ken is Kornered...as long as the trustees of Moonshift remain interested and have BWFC’s best interests at heart.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:06 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:39 pm
The “option” isn’t in the “fine print” it’s right there in black and white available free to view on companies house.

Ken is Kornered...as long as the trustees of Moonshift remain interested and have BWFC’s best interests at heart.
It is strange though, we have seen Ken's dubious poker skills numerous times, almost always ending in public embarrassment or a winding up order, but he is acting like he has a decent hand, like he has control over this process, but if he has to a deal by Tuesday then everything is in the middle and he is actually drawing dead, he literally will get nothing, all the other parties have to do is wait for him to vacate his seat at the table. Even for Ken it seems bonkers. It makes zero sense.

We have to be missing something?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:47 pm

East fcuking Enders? Has to be a wind up...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:55 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:06 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:39 pm

It is strange though, we have seen Ken's dubious poker skills numerous times, almost always ending in public embarrassment or a winding up order, but he is acting like he has a decent hand, like he has control over this process, but if he has to a deal by Tuesday then everything is in the middle and he is actually drawing dead, he literally will get nothing, all the other parties have to do is wait for him to vacate his seat at the table. Even for Ken it seems bonkers. It makes zero sense.

We have to be missing something?
The unknown is how keen the Davies family are to play their hand - are they happy to leave Ken to it? And if so, is that the risk, Ken won’t sell and we will be liquidated? But then Ken gets less, surely?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:06 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:47 pm
Eh? What's that about?

Edit! Just seen it. Parody twitter account!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:44 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:06 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:47 pm
Eh? What's that about?

Edit! Just seen it. Parody twitter account!
Yeah. That'll teach me to ignore technology! :-)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:01 pm

:conf:
So. Has the bloke who may not exist suddenly failed to reappear. Or has some other fictitious character not taken his place?
Just asking, as we have less than four hours to avoid 12 point deduction next season.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:06 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:01 pm
So. Has the bloke who may not exist suddenly failed to reappear. Or has some other fictitious character not taken his place?
Just asking, as we have less than four hours to avoid 12 point deduction next season.
No. We have 4 hours to enter administration if we are to avoid a 12 points deduction.

We have till whenever the court decides to liquidate us to complete a takeover that will not bring any points fine.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:18 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:06 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:01 pm
No. We have 4 hours to enter administration if we are to avoid a 12 points deduction.

We have till whenever the court decides to liquidate us to complete a takeover that will not bring any points fine.

I thought I'd seen somewhere that a certain amount of days' notice needs to be given for admin - ie we've already passed the stage at which the points would be deducted this season. But, I might well be wrong.

IMHO, the most likely outcomes are either new owner or liquidation. I'm struggling to see the scenario in which someone is willing to fund admin as the least worst option (for them).
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!