Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:48 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:41 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:43 pm
I think future aspirant owners need to take a very careful look at the history of Leeds, Portsmouth, Oxford United...
Not sure why you've mentioned Oxford, Spotty - they haven't been in the top flight since before Hillsborough.

Anyway, any potential owners will have done that, but they'll also have noted Southampton and particularly Leicester (and TBF I'd swap places with Leeds right now, as long as I didn't have to be a Leeds fan or owt).

Anyone getting into football, at whatever level of financial acumen or due diligence, has to have a certain amount of dreamer within them or they just wouldn't bother. For the folks who deal in tens of millions, there are far easier ways to make money.
My point was that having a future commitment of £15 million if you get into the Premiership is hardly a disincentive to the dreamers. I agree, who the fxck would want to own a football club? But if you do, paying fifteen million on entry (and ONLY on entry) to the most lucrative 'monopoly' in football hardly seems a deterrent to me!
[PS I plucked Oxford out of the air. I'm pretty sure if you quizzed Oxford United's directors they'd take a £15 million pound future levy to get to the Premier League. If you set up an auction that guaranteed Premier League status tomorrow, I think you'll find £15,000,000 wouldn't even get you noticed as all the hands up went around the room...]
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:53 pm

For the folks who deal in tens of millions, there are far easier ways to make money.
...but not many easier ways to lose it.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:00 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:53 pm
For the folks who deal in tens of millions, there are far easier ways to make money.
There's a horse on at 15 to 1 tomorrow...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:07 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:48 pm
My point was that having a future commitment of £15 million if you get into the Premiership is hardly a disincentive to the dreamers. I agree, who the fxck would want to own a football club? But if you do, paying fifteen million on entry (and ONLY on entry) to the most lucrative 'monopoly' in football hardly seems a deterrent to me!
Yeah, fair enough.

It should hopefully be renegotiable. I'd start the bidding by offering more over several seasons - eg £3m per year for every season in the top flight, topped at six or seven.

As Nicholaldo rightly points out, £15m is a fair old slice of £94m – a sixth, give or take. Fiscal futurologists think we might have reached peak payment for TV rights, even if the FAANG platforms start to get involved. It's only been inflated in the last two auctions by BT Sport's aggressive attempts to get us all on their broadband.

And even now, any idea that this stuff doesn't matter is somewhat negated by Cardiff contacting various EPL clubs, asking for help to prove that they shouldn't pay £15m for Sala, because they think our old friend Willie McKay inflated the price. Distasteful shit but you note it's the same price as the Davies payback. Up there, money flows more freely but not for free.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:00 pm
Enoch wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:53 pm
There's a horse on at 15 to 1 tomorrow...
You never see a bookie on a bike... Was the whisper of Fred Done's involvement in the 'English' consortium ever backed up?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:13 pm

Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:07 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:48 pm
Yeah, fair enough.

It should hopefully be renegotiable. I'd start the bidding by offering more over several seasons - eg £3m per year for every season in the top flight, topped at six or seven.

As Nicholaldo rightly points out, £15m is a fair old slice of £94m – a sixth, give or take. Fiscal futurologists think we might have reached peak payment for TV rights, even if the FAANG platforms start to get involved. It's only been inflated in the last two auctions by BT Sport's aggressive attempts to get us all on their broadband.

And even now, any idea that this stuff doesn't matter is somewhat negated by Cardiff contacting various EPL clubs, asking for help to prove that they shouldn't pay £15m for Sala, because they think our old friend Willie McKay inflated the price. Distasteful shit but you note it's the same price as the Davies payback. Up there, money flows more freely but not for free.
I refer the Right Honourable Gentleman to my previous statement:

On promotion to the Premier League!
:lol:
What an obvious obstacle...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:18 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:13 pm
I refer the Right Honourable Gentleman to my previous statement:

On promotion to the Premier League!
:lol:
What an obvious obstacle...
And I refer the Right Hon etc to mine - if they aren't thinking we *might* get in the Prem, they might be too much of a realist

I mean, at the moment we're only going one way, but the idea that we might *never* go back up there is enough to make us fold our arms and weep

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:20 pm

When I bought my house I was told it had a covenant on it. I was also told that covenants on deceased/trust terms have a legal limit of five years.

But anyway. Whatever. So we have a covenant of £15 million if we get back to the Premier. And this, really, is what is banjaxing any deal???
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:29 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:20 pm
When I bought my house I was told it had a covenant on it. I was also told that covenants on deceased/trust terms have a legal limit of five years.

But anyway. Whatever. So we have a covenant of £15 million if we get back to the Premier. And this, really, is what is banjaxing any deal???
I'm not party to the talks, but that's what we're led to believe.

It would be nice if the covenant - hell, let's call it what it is: debt, albeit conditional - went away after five years but I bet there's no statute of limitations on it.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:40 pm

Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:29 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:20 pm

I'm not party to the talks, but that's what we're led to believe.

It would be nice if the covenant - hell, let's call it what it is: debt, albeit conditional - went away after five years but I bet there's no statute of limitations on it.
It's better than if it was the full hundred million, surely?
95% rebate. I'd take that.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:35 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:40 pm
Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:29 pm
It's better than if it was the full hundred million, surely?
95% rebate. I'd take that.
Oh for sure. Eddie's largesse in the original loans, the vast majority later written off, was quite sensational and although there was a certain amount of "asleep at the wheel" about the late Eddie/Phil era, you won't find me back-biting the hand that feeds (cut to shrink's couch: "My parents f**ked me up by GIVING ME EVERYTHING I WANTED").

All I'm saying is that
(1) whoever buys a club wants to know about debts
(2) even if conditional, this is a reasonably large one, the sort that say Cardiff might refuse to pay for a dead striker even if it makes them look like horrendous ghouls
(3) it might affect takeover talks, and according to one journalist it already has

It's probably more brinksmanship/negotiation from either side, I'm sure they'll grow up and thrash it out

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:54 am

Ken O'Clock.
https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/februa ... chairman3/
During my three years at the club, I have always endeavoured to do my best and to be open and transparent with you the supporters and, as I have said on several occasions, when there is something to say you will be the first to know.

Accordingly, I will try and separate fact from fiction in respect of some of the recent posts on social media platforms and in the media.

First and foremost, l will never disclose the identity of any of the prospective buyers as Non Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) usually prevent this and rightly so.

As far as l am aware, the comments about a Turkish buyer are pure fiction and to the best of my knowledge are yet more speculation that seems to have been generated by the media.

There have also been various other postings about a North West consortium backed by Russian money. Again, this is pure fiction.

Unfortunately, a number of people like to portray that they know more than they actually do and speculate on what’s happening and generally speaking, it bears no relation to the truth and reality of what is really happening.

The facts are that there is a consortium with which heads of terms were agreed and discussions are ongoing.

There has, over the last week or so, been further interest from several other consortiums who have all signed NDAs and discussions are also ongoing with them.

Everything else that has been said or written can be ignored as it is total fiction.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:00 am

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:54 am
Ken O'Clock.

Unfortunately, a number of people like to portray that they know more than they actually do and speculate on what’s happening and generally speaking, it bears no relation to the truth and reality of what is really happening...

...Everything else that has been said or written can be ignored as it is total fiction.
'bout sums it up.

Particularly the bit in bold.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:12 pm

Heads of terms being agreed is a big positive. Assume they have provided adequate proof of funds as well.

All in time for the March 20th court date would be my guess.

Not a very Ken like statement - nonpushing of tickets etc...I think the end is nigh.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:27 pm

I've never heard of "Heads of terms". Sounds like a temporary loan-deal thing when a school can't decide a Head Boy...

(Yeah, hopefully this means the fat lady's gargling.)

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:33 pm

Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:27 pm
I've never heard of "Heads of terms". Sounds like a temporary loan-deal thing when a school can't decide a Head Boy...

(Yeah, hopefully this means the fat lady's gargling.)
They're non-binding, so it has the potential to go tits up as much our potential for conceding goals :|

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by jonnybwfc » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:49 pm

If it goes tits-up from here, with a buyer seemingly close, the fans won't forgive Ken.

Building up our hopes, before they come crashing down.

Now that key terms are agreed, and he's told us such, it must happen, mustn't it ?! Otherwise, I don't think he would have confirmed as much.
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:55 pm

Several other consortium's that have all signed NDAs.

Have any paid Ken the half a million (?) he was asking for to look at the books? I can't imagine anyone has
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:03 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:55 pm
Several other consortium's that have all signed NDAs.

Have any paid Ken the half a million (?) he was asking for to look at the books? I can't imagine anyone has
Can't tell you, I'm afraid. NDA, innit.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:17 pm

He's not the best poker player is he?

"I won't disclose the identity of any bidders.

But that specific person you've named isn't one of them."

Wonder how we'll ever find out.

NCND, man!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.