Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:43 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:27 pm
I've never heard of "Heads of terms". Sounds like a temporary loan-deal thing when a school can't decide a Head Boy...

(Yeah, hopefully this means the fat lady's gargling.)
It's a lawyers thing. I had heads of terms when buying a piece of land. It is a piece of paper that introduces what the other party wants to be legally binding in the full agreement. If you think in Brexit terminology it is the agreement about talking about an agreement.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:24 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:43 pm
I've never heard of "Heads of terms". Sounds like a temporary loan-deal thing when a school can't decide a Head Boy...

It's a lawyers thing. I had heads of terms when buying a piece of land. It is a piece of paper that introduces what the other party wants to be legally binding in the full agreement. If you think in Brexit terminology it is the agreement about talking about an agreement.
OK, ta (except for bringing up yon subject, but we'll get by)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:57 pm

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:24 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:43 pm

OK, ta (except for bringing up yon subject, but we'll get by)
That was very naughty of me. I apologise. :)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:03 pm

Heads of terms (HoTs in the trade) are an agreement in principle. They are not binding on either party and either party can walk away at any point prior to a formal contract being signed (a bit like exchange when buying a house; better analogy than that above!).

Presumably, Ken is signalling to other potential buyers that they need to up their bids to stand a chance of gazumping a party that appears to be most of the way to finalising a deal.

I'm still in the "it'll never happen" camp.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:12 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:03 pm
Heads of terms (HoTs in the trade) are an agreement in principle. They are not binding on either party and either party can walk away at any point prior to a formal contract being signed (a bit like exchange when buying a house; better analogy than that above!).

Presumably, Ken is signalling to other potential buyers that they need to up their bids to stand a chance of gazumping a party that appears to be most of the way to finalising a deal.

Better analogy! How Very Dare You. :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:56 pm

Latest round-up from Iles. Looks like we're getting to the point where we might be wondering if we're accepting an admin penalty this season or next... unless the takeover completes.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... at-bolton/

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:59 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:12 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:

Better in the sense that it might be more palatable to DSB who doesn't appear to wholeheartedly welcome your reference to Brexit. Though whether that makes him a Remainer or a Leaver is unclear to me. But, of course, it doesn't need to be quite so binary. In keeping with the age, DSB might be "fluid" on this and other matters.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:15 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:59 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:

Better in the sense that it might be more palatable to DSB who doesn't appear to wholeheartedly welcome your reference to Brexit. Though whether that makes him a Remainer or a Leaver is unclear to me. But, of course, it doesn't need to be quite so binary. In keeping with the age, DSB might be "fluid" on this and other matters.
:D Reasonably certain on my position, but even more certain that the entire topic can ruin just about any gathering.

Joggers Nipple
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Joggers Nipple » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:23 pm

I’ve lost track again. Are the most further forward potential buyers in the Mark Warburton camp? And whatever happened to the Fred Done rumouring?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:28 pm

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:15 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:59 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:

:D Reasonably certain on my position, but even more certain that the entire topic can ruin just about any gathering.
Any gathering, including Christmas Day with the in-laws at our house. :P
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:51 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:28 pm
Oof. And in all those gatherings, not once have I heard a single soul from either side say “I hadn’t looked at it that way. You might be right.”
Joggers Nipple wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:23 pm
I’ve lost track again. Are the most further forward potential buyers in the Mark Warburton camp? And whatever happened to the Fred Done rumouring?
I too would appreciate this catch-up service. Who’s Basran? I thought that meant someone from Basra. Is he?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:42 pm

I think my money is on Ken rocking up on the 20th March to court having done an 11th hour deal to sell the club, probably with players wages delayed again. Unknown is the Davies family loan I guess - who knows what their views on Ken are and how much they can be pushed on it.

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:12 pm

Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:51 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Oof. And in all those gatherings, not once have I heard a single soul from either side say “I hadn’t looked at it that way. You might be right.”
Joggers Nipple wrote:
I too would appreciate this catch-up service. Who’s Basran? I thought that meant someone from Basra. Is he?
This chap.... https://twitter.com/parminderbasran
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:31 pm

chester white wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:12 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Joggers Nipple wrote:
This chap.... https://twitter.com/parminderbasran

And from that, I learn that he spends too much time on Twitter to run a football club.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:39 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Joggers Nipple wrote:

From what I can gather, he's fronting the consortium which is believed to be furthest ahead in the negotiations. It's not clear if he would be a shareholder should a deal be completed or if he's merely in charge of negotiations but there's certainly enough public information about him to keep us all intrigued. My understanding is also that it's his consortium that Mark Warburton is involved with.

I haven't yet been able to confirm if he's a Basran in a native sense, though.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:45 pm

I hadn't read this article by Alan Nixon when posting above but it pretty much confirms things, including Basran's place of birth. :D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:52 pm

Ta. Also:
https://vgcp.co.uk/parminder-basran/
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/offi ... pointments
https://www.vccircle.com/facebook-co-fo ... ing-india/
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17 ... -takeover/
"Basran, who is originally from Cheshire, with a family who made money in food manufacture, hotels and restaurants.

He is a founder and managing partner at growth capital firm VGC Partners and runs a private equity fund backed by Eduardo Savarin, one of the co-founders of Facebook.

He also has a share in the 10ten talent agency, owned by Terry Byrne and Brazil legend Pele, who boast a number of high-profile clients including England boss Gareth Southgate, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Glenn Hoddle and Eidur Gudjohnsen.

A company entitled Football Ventures (Whites) Limited was launched in January to facilitate the bid for Wanderers.

Sharon Brittan is the other named director at FVWL, a businesswoman with a background in asset management and property development. She also worked with Pink Floyd’s Nick Mason on an office project called Britannia Row and has a footballing background, her father having once served in the backroom staff at Burnley."

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:20 pm

Can you feel it, can you feel it...? :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:31 am

More and more I'm getting the feeling we are moving from a Blackpool type ownership to a mass chicken trader type and the future is very bleak.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:39 am

Hoboh wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:31 am
More and more I'm getting the feeling we are moving from a Blackpool type ownership to a mass chicken trader type and the future is very bleak.
We know absolutely nowt about any potential new owners and where the money for the deal is coming from. It is correct to be wary but equally saying things will be bleak or bright - is just total guesswork.

Bottom line - no takeover and then things get bleak. At least if someone buys us there is hope we can survive and rebuild. Hope.