Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by nicholaldo » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:51 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:41 pm
Maybe Ken wants the money from the Millwall game to recoup some of what he paid out to staff, and to pay the players as he should have before closing shop.

We'll have to sell a lot of hotdogs!

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:01 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:51 pm
irie Cee Bee wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:41 pm
Maybe Ken wants the money from the Millwall game to recoup some of what he paid out to staff, and to pay the players as he should have before closing shop.

We'll have to sell a lot of hotdogs!
:D Maybe someone can tell us how much revenue is collected on from an average crowd of 14,000 on a match day

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:41 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:00 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:42 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:11 pm
I'm at a loss as to why anyone would want to buy a football club, let alone us. The riches of the premier league, should we ever get there again, surely aren't so much that you could pay players and their agents the necessary squillions AND the owners and leading shareholders would all make a massive profit too?
If you're careful, there's money to be made in that division. Trouble is, there's likely to be another division in the way first, and it's one where no bugger at all makes money.
Promotion to the Prem is worth £170m at the absolute minimum. Yes, most of that goes on increased wages, but the value of the club also soars. West Brom were sold for £150m, Southampton £200m. Even as a newly promoted Prem club, we could be instantly worth £80m - £100m. Stay up a season or two and that increases. Paying £25-£30m for us when we had a chance of staying up, made a lot of sense for someone who had that kind of money, and wanted the exposure of being the owner of a football club.

I have no clue at all however why someone would buy us now, unless they think they can turn this season around, which looks close to impossible, particularly as the current set up will be in charge, or be the major influence for the next two games, and likely the Wigan game next Saturday. From there we will have only eight games and some of them look too difficult to get anything from regardless. This is why I am very concerned that Ken has missed the final off ramp.
I guess on the other hand the gap between L1 and the Champo has increased hugely too. Ourselves, Wigan, Blackburn have all had one year stops before bouncing back. Sunderland and Barnsley both in the top 3 this year.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:40 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:41 am
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:00 pm
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:42 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:11 pm
I'm at a loss as to why anyone would want to buy a football club, let alone us. The riches of the premier league, should we ever get there again, surely aren't so much that you could pay players and their agents the necessary squillions AND the owners and leading shareholders would all make a massive profit too?
If you're careful, there's money to be made in that division. Trouble is, there's likely to be another division in the way first, and it's one where no bugger at all makes money.
Promotion to the Prem is worth £170m at the absolute minimum. Yes, most of that goes on increased wages, but the value of the club also soars. West Brom were sold for £150m, Southampton £200m. Even as a newly promoted Prem club, we could be instantly worth £80m - £100m. Stay up a season or two and that increases. Paying £25-£30m for us when we had a chance of staying up, made a lot of sense for someone who had that kind of money, and wanted the exposure of being the owner of a football club.

I have no clue at all however why someone would buy us now, unless they think they can turn this season around, which looks close to impossible, particularly as the current set up will be in charge, or be the major influence for the next two games, and likely the Wigan game next Saturday. From there we will have only eight games and some of them look too difficult to get anything from regardless. This is why I am very concerned that Ken has missed the final off ramp.
I guess on the other hand the gap between L1 and the Champo has increased hugely too. Ourselves, Wigan, Blackburn have all had one year stops before bouncing back. Sunderland and Barnsley both in the top 3 this year.
Yes true. Our annual losses before investment/transfer fees in L1 will be around £10m-£12m so we would need someone with deep pockets and dedication if we didn't get out straight away. Obviously the gap between the two leagues means you have one season where you have a real advantage before three other teams at a much higher level arrive.

Anyway, positive vibes in the latest BEN article, sounds like the Basran/Brittan group want it. One would hope if they still want it now, they have the money available to cover the losses we are about to accrue over the next few years.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... all-clash/

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:48 pm

Apparently Iles is on Football Focus in a couple of minutes. I'm guessing they won't be asking him whether Ben Alnwick can reclaim the gloves from Remi Matthews.

EDIT Wasn't just Marc, it was various folk around town, including McGinlay and Muamba. Nice piece, even if the usually knowledgable Lancastrian Kevin Kilbane then called our manager Gary Parkinson. 🤨

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:53 pm

Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:48 pm
Nice piece, even if the usually knowledgable Lancastrian Kevin Kilbane then called our manager Gary Parkinson. 🤨

Gary Parkinson will be our next manager. YHIHF. :wink:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:09 am

:lol:

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:48 pm

Decent article in Grauniad re current situation/crisis/calamity/omnishambles/catastrophuk:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -sell-club

(I can't face following Nixon on twitter anymore - too much noise)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:56 pm

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:48 pm
I can understand that. I'm in the office today and keeping an eye on things. No developments, just general astonishment that the players still haven't been paid. Ken's brinksmanship again - and depending how negotiations are going, at some point this afternoon he'll have to put a price on looking bad again. (I suspect he'll cope.)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:58 pm

Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:56 pm
Jim_McDonuts wrote:
I can understand that. I'm in the office today and keeping an eye on things. No developments, just general astonishment that the players still haven't been paid. Ken's brinksmanship again - and depending how negotiations are going, at some point this afternoon he'll have to put a price on looking bad again. (I suspect he'll cope.)
The only reason Ken is reluctant to pay has to be because he's worried the takeover won't go through....if he loaned the club the money then as a secured creditor he'd get it back as part of said takeover. So to me this signals that the deal as a whole - is not very certain.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:11 pm

24hrs? :)

(just make it stop - please)

Actually, I can see this limping on until 20th at this rate, though no-one seems to know exactly when the Davies loan terms can be activated (or whatever the correct technical term is)?

Maybe Kenneth wont pay the players again until they lose (keep em keen'n'mean n'all that) - if so, then roll on the 20th (& the foodbank)
Last edited by Jim_McDonuts on Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:58 pm
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:56 pm
Jim_McDonuts wrote:
The only reason Ken is reluctant to pay has to be because he's worried the takeover won't go through....if he loaned the club the money then as a secured creditor he'd get it back as part of said takeover. So to me this signals that the deal as a whole - is not very certain.
Hmm. Not sure I follow that, which might be my idiocy more than your explanation.

I think it's entirely possible that they're still haggling over price - this is Ken, after all - and that he's trying to get the new bods to pay more of this wage bill, or possibly more anyway (which would cover this wage bill).

I think it's also possible that Ken hasn't got the money to pay the bill.

What's behind your reading is the unspoken idea that Ken can't, rather than won't, pay. Which means he's running out of road.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:16 pm

Yonder comes a winding-up order against the Whites Hotel, according to BN.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... due-wages/

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:18 pm

Presser at 13.45. Should we expect action?
(nevermind, seems regular PP press meeting afaict)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:25 pm

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:18 pm
Presser at 13.45. Should we expect action?
(nevermind, seems regular PP press meeting afaict)
Yeah, regular pre-match presser at which poor Parky will be pelted with pointed probings about player payments pending and purchaser procrastinations.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:30 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if the buyers were as skint as Anderson. The fact this rumbles on with no sign of completion is becoming a worry...no assurance that means anything. Even with dodgy Dean Holdsworth there was some semblance of reassurance that he'd find a way. This time its quite and nobody has a clue. That is good up to a point. But now you do start to wonder...do they have the pockets for this or are they begging and borrowing their way in?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:30 pm
It wouldn't surprise me if the buyers were as skint as Anderson. The fact this rumbles on with no sign of completion is becoming a worry...no assurance that means anything. Even with dodgy Dean Holdsworth there was some semblance of reassurance that he'd find a way. This time its quite and nobody has a clue. That is good up to a point. But now you do start to wonder...do they have the pockets for this or are they begging and borrowing their way in?
Well, you do :D

I don't get the sense that they're throwing money around, but most folks tend not to. Maybe they're just determined not to overpay specifically to this vendor. Or maybe they realise what a lot of people said as soon as Ken promised [citation required] to pony up on Monday if the takeover hadn't gone through: well that's not very clever brinksmanship.

The big unanswered question is when the Basran exclusivity period expires, given that Kenyon's lot are waiting (he had someone in the stand on Saturday). Wages-wise, the can could get kicked further but as of Thursday (14th) they're legally eligible to leave the club.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:41 pm

Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:36 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:30 pm
Well, you do :D

I don't get the sense that they're throwing money around, but most folks tend not to. Maybe they're just determined not to overpay specifically to this vendor. Or maybe they realise what a lot of people said as soon as Ken promised [citation required] to pony up on Monday if the takeover hadn't gone through: well that's not very clever brinksmanship.

The big unanswered question is when the Basran exclusivity period expires, given that Kenyon's lot are waiting (he had someone in the stand on Saturday). Wages-wise, the can could get kicked further but as of Thursday (14th) they're legally eligible to leave the club.
If Ken loans the money he will get it back in the deal - he isn't going to donate the money. So I think the "who pays wages" is a complete red herring. Ken would loan it via ICI and receive it back - the fact he isn't either means he cannot, the deal is going through in the next few hours so does not need to or he's worried the deal won't go through and be stuck losing nearly 1M quid....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:48 pm

It's not getting any clearer, BWFCi. Your logic presents three options, one of which you kept quiet in your previous gloomy prediction:

1. He can't afford it
2. The deal's imminent
3. The deal's collapsing

Note that No3 would have to rule out the Kenyon counter-bid Ken was so kareful to mention last week (without naming names - I mean he wouldn't break an NDA would he?)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:00 pm

Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:48 pm
It's not getting any clearer, BWFCi. Your logic presents three options, one of which you kept quiet in your previous gloomy prediction:

1. He can't afford it
2. The deal's imminent
3. The deal's collapsing

Note that No3 would have to rule out the Kenyon counter-bid Ken was so kareful to mention last week (without naming names - I mean he wouldn't break an NDA would he?)
IF there was a genuine second party - how long would that take? Almost certainly up to 20th March court date - possibly beyond it.

Something just smells "not right" about the whole thing. Perhaps it is just because Ken has disappeared and therefore everyone is guessing and there is a vacuum. But as Nixon says Friday was the third time people were told "this is the deadline". And it passed with nothing. Then it became "Monday"......