Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:57 am

So, is it Takeover Tuesday?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:46 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:51 pm
Howard is suggesting there is another £3m, or £6m on top of that from somewhere. No one would agree to an interest rate like that!

In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:01 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:57 am

Takeover!

Is there going to be a takeover?

#bringbackdeano

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:19 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:57 am
Yes

(but which Tuesday?:)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:51 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
I would like to see evidence of his assertion that we have £28.9m of debt (£12,9m unsecured), and that KA owes Moonshift £8m, or is it £11m? None of that is reflected in the last accounts, which granted were the 2017 accounts, given that this year's are late, but also not from any reporting I can find or am aware of. Moonshift (estate of ED), loaned KA (Inner Circle) £5m in September to pay off Blumarble. Howard is suggesting there is another £3m, or £6m on top of that from somewhere. No one would agree to an interest rate like that! Maybe Howard has inside info, but if he is going to start banding these figures about he should at least provide some links as to where they came from.
£28.9 looks in about the right ballpark for secured debt.

£10m which Fildraw (think it was Fildraw from memory rather than Moonshift) left in on the original take-over. This is the money that has a scenario that would mean it never gets paid
£5m which was lent by ED (Moonshift) to cover the Blumarble fiasco
£5.5m in Bank Debt
£2.5m to Brett Warburton
£5.5m to Prescot Business Parks (Michael James)

(Think all of this is in the 2017 Accounts if you dig around)

Aside from that 2017 showed around £10m of unsecured debt - Trade Creditors, HMRC, Deferred Income and the like...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:15 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:51 am
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
I would like to see evidence of his assertion that we have £28.9m of debt (£12,9m unsecured), and that KA owes Moonshift £8m, or is it £11m? None of that is reflected in the last accounts, which granted were the 2017 accounts, given that this year's are late, but also not from any reporting I can find or am aware of. Moonshift (estate of ED), loaned KA (Inner Circle) £5m in September to pay off Blumarble. Howard is suggesting there is another £3m, or £6m on top of that from somewhere. No one would agree to an interest rate like that! Maybe Howard has inside info, but if he is going to start banding these figures about he should at least provide some links as to where they came from.

£10m which Fildraw (think it was Fildraw from memory rather than Moonshift) left in on the original take-over. This is the money that has a scenario that would mean it never gets paid
£5.5m in Bank Debt
£2.5m to Brett Warburton

Aside from that 2017 showed around £10m of unsecured debt - Trade Creditors, HMRC, Deferred Income and the like...
We've missed you.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:05 pm

What's happening? (besides the very welcome return of Worthy :D ).Has Ken put fifty pence in the electric meter yet and have the players had their dinners?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:21 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:05 pm
What's happening? (besides the very welcome return of Worthy :D ).Has Ken put fifty pence in the electric meter yet and have the players had their dinners?
Things seem to be moving. Hopefully not including the goalposts, pushed by a perspiring Ken.

Iles: "Sale and purchase agreement being passed around, I understand... the people who deal with these things tell me it isn't uncommon for them to take time..."
Nixon: "It’s who blinks first or buckles first. Anderson holding on for the best deal for himself. As you would expect by now."

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:40 pm

Iles: "No updates of note so far today, folks. If I was a betting man I'd put a shilling on any statement #bwfc put out today just saying "talks continuing". More important for now to get focus on the game and backing the lads."

Worth noting that the next huge deadline – unless there's one for Basran exclusivity elapsing - is that the players can legally walk out of their contracts after they've gone unpaid for a fortnight, which is Thursday.
p12542_v_v8_aa.jpg
p12542_v_v8_aa.jpg (444.6 KiB) Viewed 1852 times

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:28 pm

I still think this gets sorted just before the court hearing.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:37 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:28 pm
I still think this gets sorted just before the court hearing.
While agreeing from previous experience that things get sorted on courtroom steps, shirley having no players from (presumably) midnight Wed is 'a thing'?

Christ - between this and the other thing that daren't speak its name, I am so bloody distracted. Spending all my time punching f5 on 3 different browser tabs - MAKE IT STOP PLEASE! :?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:19 pm

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:37 pm
While agreeing from previous experience that things get sorted on courtroom steps, shirley having no players from (presumably) midnight Wed is 'a thing'?
Without wishing to tempt either fate or Ken, I'd say the chances of a complete walkout are virtually nil. Any would be too many, of course, although (like others) I could neither castigate nor more importantly blame anyone who withheld his unpaid services.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:27 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

£5.5m in Bank Debt
£2.5m to Brett Warburton

Thanks. Can you confirm that there is a separate £5.5m Bank Debt and £5.5m to PBP?

I was under the assumption that this all referred to the PBP loan?
Bank loans are repayable on demand or within one year. The company has granted a fixed and floating charge
on its assets to secure bank loans and other loans of £5,500,000 (2016: £5,500,000).

The loan owed to Prescot Business Park Limited incurs interest at 7% per annum and was due to be repaid on
29 January 2017. This loan has not yet been repaid but the amount has not been demanded and dialogue is
ongoing regarding extension of the facility.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:32 pm

^^
It's all a far cry from jumpers for goalposts on Moss Bank Park, ain't it just.... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:32 pm
^^
It's all a far cry from jumpers for goalposts on Moss Bank Park, ain't it just.... :wink:
Give it a few months, Tango, we might be back there.

(Although the Council would have to forgive us for unpaid bills)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:09 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:27 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

£5.5m in Bank Debt
£2.5m to Brett Warburton

Thanks. Can you confirm that there is a separate £5.5m Bank Debt and £5.5m to PBP?

I was under the assumption that this all referred to the PBP loan?
Bank loans are repayable on demand or within one year. The company has granted a fixed and floating charge
on its assets to secure bank loans and other loans of £5,500,000 (2016: £5,500,000).

The loan owed to Prescot Business Park Limited incurs interest at 7% per annum and was due to be repaid on
29 January 2017. This loan has not yet been repaid but the amount has not been demanded and dialogue is
ongoing regarding extension of the facility.
You might be right that the PBP and Bank thing might be the same number. They chunk it up as follows (bearing in mind it's a backwards look at nearly two years ago :-)

Bank Loans & OD £12k
Finance Leases £10k
Other £22m
Trade Creditors £4.7m - that's fairly hefty
Taxation £1.4m
Deferred Income £3m
Other Creditors £2.1m
Accruals/Deferred Income - £5m

So if Bank/Prescot in my numbers above are the same thing, you'd be at around the £22m showing as "other"...In total we were at £38m of which £22m was secured (assuming there was no "secured" in any of the other categories)....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:11 pm

Jesus Christ! There are more experts out there than you can throw a stick at. Fxck Howard whoever he is, fxck experts: will somebody just give me unbiased news without any party political twists?
Thought not!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:48 pm

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:49 pm

Players paid already (say sky)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:59 pm

Ken Kolumn: "if these are to be my final set of notes and comments"...

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/march/ ... chairman2/
After a number of last minute hitches which caused some unforeseeable delays, I can confirm that all outstanding salaries for players and coaching staff have now been paid and we can all now put our energy and focus into supporting the players for tonight’s important match.

As I recently said, a great deal has and no doubt will continue to be written and said about my ownership and time at the club if the last few days are anything to go by.

As they say, ‘you are damned if you do and damned if you don’t.’

Hopefully, the takeover will be completed later this week and the new owners will be in place and will be given the time and opportunity to take the club forward, but if these are to be my final set of notes and comments then it would be remiss of me if I didn’t say a final few words about my time at the club and the people who have helped and assisted me throughout.