Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by officer_dibble » Thu May 02, 2019 9:51 pm

Bolton Wanderers Supporters Trust come on down....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 02, 2019 10:19 pm

Nixon story with some details.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... istration/

£41.6m in debt.
£23m of it to the Davieses, who may now seek admin.
£6.5m due to James, who is part of the (Basran-less) Football Ventures consortium aiming to take over, so that’ll get changed to equity.
£2.5m due to Brett Warburton, but he isn’t part of FV.
Sharron Brittan expected to be chief exec. Far Eastern money provided, secret for now.
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Thu May 02, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:23 pm

Latest from Nixon:

Have to say this is the most positive article (from a pro BWFC perspective) I have seen since it was clear KA was on a path of destruction.

It has the main ingredient of taking control out of KA's hands, with Michael James and Eddie Davies' family finally playing their trump card, and hopefully shooting out the tyres before KA drives us over the cliff edge.

Some of the numbers in terms of debt are still shocking. Pretty clear the Davies' family never gave up on the Fildraw £10m debt in the 2017 accounts, and clearly lent KA a lot more than previously reported.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 02, 2019 10:28 pm

The £10m was "not real debt" according to Eddie Davis (was £15m at the time iirc and he discussed it in a rare interview it memory serves with Jack Dearden). To get it back we'd have had to have been back in the Prem by now...

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:28 pm
The £10m was "not real debt" according to Eddie Davis (was £15m at the time iirc and he discussed it in a rare interview it memory serves with Jack Dearden). To get it back we'd have had to have been back in the Prem by now...
Right, he wrote £5m off during the 2016-17 financial year.

The £10m was still noted in the 2017 accounts to be repaid in the event of a change of ownership or promotion to the Prem IIRC??

Not sure if all of that £10m is being referred to in Nixon's article, he is suggesting there is £18m in total debt due to the Davies family above the £5m secured loan to pay BM via KA and Inner Circle.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 02, 2019 10:45 pm

So where's £8m supposed to have gone? It's not like we've been paying any fcuker and Anderson has been saying he's been putting it in. Sooner we're rid of this shower of shite the better.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:52 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:45 pm
So where's £8m supposed to have gone? It's not like we've been paying any fcuker and Anderson has been saying he's been putting it in. Sooner we're rid of this shower of shite the better.
Quite! I think it is still a question IF we are ever rid, but we will need survivors counselling if that happens! :pray:

piesrus
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by piesrus » Fri May 03, 2019 2:41 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:19 pm
Nixon story with some details.

£41.6m in debt.
£23m of it to the Davieses, who may now seek admin.
£6.5m due to James, who is part of the (Basran-less) Football Ventures consortium aiming to take over, so that’ll get changed to equity.
£2.5m due to Brett Warburton, but he isn’t part of FV.
Sharron Brittan expected to be chief exec. Far Eastern money provided, secret for now.
If that Far Eastern money turns out to be Eduardo Savarin; a backer of Basran's company; things may turn out well. Savarin is Brazilian and co-founded Facebook with Mark Zuckerburg. The 2 fell out but Savarin retained his shares. Forbes say he has a net worth of £10.1 billion. He moved to Singapore from the US to avoid a tax bill of $770 million. Fingers crossed.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 03, 2019 7:33 am

Basran is out, so it’s doubtful that yer man Savarin is involved. Not impossible but doubtful.

But Bassini has already phoned Iles this morning ranting about the club statement and, presumably, intending to keep rattling.

It seems that if Anderson triggers admin Bassini may have legal recourse, but not if the Davieses (as biggest creditor) do. As ever, we’ll see.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 03, 2019 9:03 am

Fri May 03, 2019 7:33 am
Basran is out, so it’s doubtful that yer man Savarin is involved. Not impossible but doubtful.

But Bassini has already phoned Iles this morning ranting about the club statement and, presumably, intending to keep rattling.

It seems that if Anderson triggers admin Bassini may have legal recourse, but not if the Davieses (as biggest creditor) do. As ever, we’ll see.
I don't think I've ever been more fed up or disillusioned with my football club. It is soul destroying.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 03, 2019 9:25 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:03 am

I don't think I've ever been more fed up or disillusioned with my football club. It is soul destroying.
I don't think I've ever been more fed up or disillusioned with the current owners, officials and agents who are not in the least interested in the football part of B.W.F.C, as they think it means "finance". Throw the lot of them out; suits and ties have become far more important than football strips, and houses, cars and bank balances far more important then winning games. They don't really seem to realise that if you take the fans away they'd all be heading for the dole. They may soon be anyway.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 03, 2019 9:53 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:25 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:03 am

I don't think I've ever been more fed up or disillusioned with the current owners, officials and agents who are not in the least interested in the football part of B.W.F.C, as they think it means "finance". Throw the lot of them out; suits and ties have become far more important than football strips, and houses, cars and bank balances far more important then winning games. They don't really seem to realise that if you take the fans away they'd all be heading for the dole. They may soon be anyway.
The trouble is they won't be. If Anderson's future livelihood depended on this he'd be running the club far more responsibly.

They do not care. That's the bottom line - which you've alluded to. But further, they will face no sanction or consequence from running this great club into the ground. That's the real scandal. BWFC might disappear but in a year's time Ken will still be on his yacht in Monaco sipping overpriced champers....

piesrus
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by piesrus » Fri May 03, 2019 10:10 am

We all speculate about worst case scenarios. Savarin is best case scenario, unlikely though it may seem. To dream ...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 03, 2019 10:31 am

piesrus wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:10 am

We all speculate about worst case scenarios. Savarin is best case scenario, unlikely though it may seem. To dream ...
This is a bit baseless. Lots of very rich people have owned football clubs and run them badly and not been prepared to sink money into them.

The best case scenario is anyone willing to invest their money and time into us. Savarin was never linked, never said to be involved and we have no idea if he even knows what football is, let alone BWFC.....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 03, 2019 11:06 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:31 am
piesrus wrote:

This is a bit baseless. Lots of very rich people have owned football clubs and run them badly and not been prepared to sink money into them.

The best case scenario is anyone willing to invest their money and time into us. Savarin was never linked, never said to be involved and we have no idea if he even knows what football is, let alone BWFC.....
Agree BWFCi - the Savarin link was through another businesses (investment funds) that Basran was also involved in - there was never any suggestion outside of that connection, that Savarin was involved in Football Ventures - think some folks added 2 + 5, then another 2 for good measure and eventually, convinced themselves it added up to 4.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 03, 2019 11:13 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:06 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:31 am
piesrus wrote:

Agree BWFCi - the Savarin link was through another businesses (investment funds) that Basran was also involved in - there was never any suggestion outside of that connection, that Savarin was involved in Football Ventures - think some folks added 2 + 5, then another 2 for good measure and eventually, convinced themselves it added up to 4.
And didn't it materialise that the Savarin and Basran link was old anyway?

You might aswell just name a random sheikh and declare them the "best case scenario".

Right now if we've still got a club next season in the football league I'll be delighted with that.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 03, 2019 11:28 am

According to Iles - EFL have release a statement saying Bassini hasn't shown them enough to "be in control of the Club"..

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 03, 2019 11:34 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:13 am
Right now if we've still got a club next season in the football league I'll be delighted with that.
All season? We'll hold you to that matey... :)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 03, 2019 11:41 am

Fri May 03, 2019 11:34 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
My expectations have been super low for a while. I'm not "happy" but realism means that I expect us to have a real struggle next season and would not be surprised if we slipped into the bottom division....cycle of life and all....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 03, 2019 11:42 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:41 am
Fri May 03, 2019 11:34 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
My expectations have been super low for a while. I'm not "happy" but realism means that I expect us to have a real struggle next season and would not be surprised if we slipped into the bottom division....cycle of life and all....
That doesn't sound like delight... :wink: