Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:19 pm

Just read in B.N that the staff are waiting for good news on February's wages. Surely they should be paid by the owner, paricularly as he'll surely come out of it with a fat wallet in addition to all his "fees" so far?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:30 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:19 pm
Just read in B.N that the staff are waiting for good news on February's wages. Surely they should be paid by the owner, paricularly as he'll surely come out of it with a fat wallet in addition to all his "fees" so far?
Depends whether he actually has £600,000 to give.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:09 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:30 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:19 pm
Depends whether he actually has £600,000 to give.
He will be hoping this deal goes through this week so he doesn’t have pick up the wage bill for the month. Delay for a couple of days and expect the new owner to pay for it.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:22 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:36 pm
Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:24 pm
Baz'n'Shaz. Lol, that's it for me now. Who's gonna mock-up the trotter-mobile windscreen with fake photos and green sun-visor names?
No income tax, no VAT...
:D
please someone with gif magic make this happen

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:46 am

Has he gone yet ae:)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:10 am

Hoboh wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:46 am
Not yet, but the February wages have according to B.N. They won't be paid on time.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:26 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:10 am
Hoboh wrote:
Not yet, but the February wages have according to B.N. They won't be paid on time.
...and until it was updated an hour ago ("The Football Ventures group will continue the process of due diligence today but a takeover is not now expected to be completed by the weekend"), that wasn't even the main story on the BN's Wanderers page. That's how much fiscal f*ckery has been normalised.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:25 pm

Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:26 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
...and until it was updated an hour ago ("The Football Ventures group will continue the process of due diligence today but a takeover is not now expected to be completed by the weekend"), that wasn't even the main story on the BN's Wanderers page. That's how much fiscal f*ckery has been normalised.

I began this thread back in November 2016; I'm looking forward to starting a new version within the next few weeks (though I remain sceptical that a deal will ever be completed!).
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:05 pm

A deal will happen.
It could be following admin, messy.
Or Ken will be pushing it to the brink and a deal will get done. Sadly there are losers in this scenario in terms of the staff and players. :-/

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:39 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:05 pm
A deal will happen.
Or Ken will be pushing it to the brink and a deal will get done. Sadly there are losers in this scenario in terms of the staff and players. :-/
It's ugly, isn't it? I don't think he has the money to swallow this £600,000 wage bill, and I certainly don't think he has the intention. Which means he has to try to get the new folks to pay it, which I doubt is entirely fair, or accept is as a hit on his bounty, which I doubt he wants to do. A deal can be struck but it's worrying.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:06 pm

Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:39 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
A deal will happen.
It's ugly, isn't it? I don't think he has the money to swallow this £600,000 wage bill, and I certainly don't think he has the intention. Which means he has to try to get the new folks to pay it, which I doubt is entirely fair, or accept is as a hit on his bounty, which I doubt he wants to do. A deal can be struck but it's worrying.
It was however, surely not an unknown when the exclusivity deal was struck...certainly wouldn't have been as soon as the buyers got their hands on the books last week.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:06 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
A deal will happen.
It was however, surely not an unknown when the exclusivity deal was struck...certainly wouldn't have been as soon as the buyers got their hands on the books last week.
Indeed. If a deal is struck, then it will be from a particular date in the future. At that point, the new owners become liable. I suppose it's possible they might agree to picking up this month's wages as part of the deal. But, if that was the case, you'd expect the money to have been paid over.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:14 pm

Might be wrong, but seems to me that any unpaid bills regarding the day to day running of a business should be paid up to the time of actual signing unless agreed to the contrary? Owing wages is hardly the best start for new owners introduction. The sooner this is over the better it will be for everybody. I'm not normally suspicious, but.......

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:19 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:12 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:06 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
A deal will happen.
Indeed. If a deal is struck, then it will be from a particular date in the future. At that point, the new owners become liable. I suppose it's possible they might agree to picking up this month's wages as part of the deal. But, if that was the case, you'd expect the money to have been paid over.
I guess its as simple as "the business does not have the money to pay February's wages". Ken as owner is liable. But not in the sense that he has to personally pay them. So if Burnden Leisure cannot afford the salaries with a takeover in due diligence, what would a reasonable solution be?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:22 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:14 pm
Might be wrong, but seems to me that any unpaid bills regarding the day to day running of a business should be paid up to the time of actual signing unless agreed to the contrary? Owing wages is hardly the best start for new owners introduction. The sooner this is over the better it will be for everybody. I'm not normally suspicious, but.......
The business does not have the cash in the bank to pay wages....so you have as I see it two choices...business placed into admin (but who funds admin?) or the payment of wages is added to the deal with prospective new buyers who, one assumes don't want the business placed into admin or liquidated.....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:22 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
The business does not have the cash in the bank to pay wages....so you have as I see it two choices...business placed into admin (but who funds admin?) or the payment of wages is added to the deal with prospective new buyers who, one assumes don't want the business placed into admin or liquidated.....
So Ken plays the brinksman until they blink.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:34 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:25 pm
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:26 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

I began this thread back in November 2016; I'm looking forward to starting a new version within the next few weeks (though I remain sceptical that a deal will ever be completed!).
Has No Deal been ruled out yet?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:44 pm

Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:09 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Well if you take the football emotion out of it...

A business is going bust - it enters into bailout talks with a buyer - talks progress to exclusivity periods - a deal is believed to be close.....the staff aren't paid their wages because the business has no cash in the bank....

What would happen? Usually the new owners would take on outstanding wages as part of the overall debt package when buying said business. If they did not want to...the deal would collapse...and business placed in administration or liquidated.

Should Ken himself pay the wages - he would only be loaning the money to Burnden Leisure - and consequently it would be a debt the new owners would have to take on for any deal. I see no way that this resolves positively without the new owners accepting a further debt and/or the amount being knocked off the deal price...(and KA taking a hit on the deal). The problem with the latter being it doesn't solve the lack of cash flow to pay wages in the short term....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:48 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:44 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

A business is going bust - it enters into bailout talks with a buyer - talks progress to exclusivity periods - a deal is believed to be close.....the staff aren't paid their wages because the business has no cash in the bank....

What would happen? Usually the new owners would take on outstanding wages as part of the overall debt package when buying said business. If they did not want to...the deal would collapse...and business placed in administration or liquidated.

Should Ken himself pay the wages - he would only be loaning the money to Burnden Leisure - and consequently it would be a debt the new owners would have to take on for any deal. I see no way that this resolves positively without the new owners accepting a further debt and/or the amount being knocked off the deal price...(and KA taking a hit on the deal). The problem with the latter being it doesn't solve the lack of cash flow to pay wages in the short term....

I mean, I'm not condoning it. And he must be wondering, what if they don't blink? But here we are again.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:57 pm

Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:48 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:44 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

I mean, I'm not condoning it. And he must be wondering, what if they don't blink? But here we are again.
What option does he have?