Why, I'll Ride Naked Through the Streets Coventry (A) 2/1/17

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Why, I'll Ride Naked Through the Streets Coventry (A) 2/

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Parkinson praised the supporters after the Scunny game, but today many around me were a disgrace, I thought. Booing the players off at half time? I mean really? And booing one of our own whilst he's out on the pitch is utterly unacceptable. Yes, I know that they've paid their money and all of that but who on earth thinks that booing Trotter's every touch after one (of countless others) misplaced pass and conceding one (of countless others) foul will have him go "Sorry, guys, you're right. I'll play like Glen fecking Hoddle for the rest of the game"?

He's our most limited player, we know that (it was even your's truly who first described him as playing like a wardrobe on casters) but to boo any one player, especially when the entire side were playing poorly, truly is unacceptable for me.

And another thing, can someone explain this one to me please? My mate and I found ourselves surrounded by several young men who'd presumably made the 120 mile trip to pay £23 to stand in the freezing cold for two hours. Only matey boy and I were there to watch the match and support the team. These guys spent their entire afternoons stood staring into their phones whilst giving running commentaries to all and sundry as to how their bets (Ackers and cash outs I believe :conf:) were coming along, looking up only upon realisation that Trotter was being booed and joining in despite having no idea as to why he was being booed.
Get this, this one stood next to me actually came out with the line, and I quote "Shit, Scunthorpe have conceded". Wankers.
Away games used to be my favourite thing in the world. Now I hate them for this very reason. I find a considerable portion of our away fanbase reprehensible. It's a generational thing I know. But everything you've described here is absolutely what drives me mad.

Plus those who film every bloody thing on their phones.
Have you got a clip of that?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:59 pm

I was disappointed to read this today. After the loss at Chesterfield it made a nice change that at both half time and full time, there were no notable boos and just general appreciation from the travelling support. I was hoping we'd turned a corner and that 5hit had stopped :|
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:43 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Parkinson praised the supporters after the Scunny game, but today many around me were a disgrace, I thought. Booing the players off at half time? I mean really? And booing one of our own whilst he's out on the pitch is utterly unacceptable. Yes, I know that they've paid their money and all of that but who on earth thinks that booing Trotter's every touch after one (of countless others) misplaced pass and conceding one (of countless others) foul will have him go "Sorry, guys, you're right. I'll play like Glen fecking Hoddle for the rest of the game"?

He's our most limited player, we know that (it was even your's truly who first described him as playing like a wardrobe on casters) but to boo any one player, especially when the entire side were playing poorly, truly is unacceptable for me.

And another thing, can someone explain this one to me please? My mate and I found ourselves surrounded by several young men who'd presumably made the 120 mile trip to pay £23 to stand in the freezing cold for two hours. Only matey boy and I were there to watch the match and support the team. These guys spent their entire afternoons stood staring into their phones whilst giving running commentaries to all and sundry as to how their bets (Ackers and cash outs I believe :conf:) were coming along, looking up only upon realisation that Trotter was being booed and joining in despite having no idea as to why he was being booed.
Get this, this one stood next to me actually came out with the line, and I quote "Shit, Scunthorpe have conceded". Wankers.
Away games used to be my favourite thing in the world. Now I hate them for this very reason. I find a considerable portion of our away fanbase reprehensible. It's a generational thing I know. But everything you've described here is absolutely what drives me mad.

The booing of Trotter was an embarrassment. You're correct about people on phones. It's everywhere you look. Shameful, but a sign of the times.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:31 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:I was disappointed to read this today. After the loss at Chesterfield it made a nice change that at both half time and full time, there were no notable boos and just general appreciation from the travelling support. I was hoping we'd turned a corner and that 5hit had stopped :|
Which reminds me, when I tried to get a stream of the game I got this.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:03 am

enrdentw wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

The booing of Trotter was an embarrassment. You're correct about people on phones. It's everywhere you look. Shameful, but a sign of the times.
didnt see too much of that at Chesterfield, it was primarily middle ages bloke pissed out their tree's like the old days!

Our pre-bought tickets were in the stand behind the goal, decent seats ordinarily but my mate & I had taken our young kids (7 & 9) and it wasnt very nice for them, the sweary conversation n'that, im not complaining about blokes swearing at football by the way but because everyone was standing (which i also dont mind generally) they couldnt see so we asked a steward if we could move into the pay on the day stand at the side of the pitch as there were banks of empty seats. We chose some seats on the second row, awful view but kids were excited about being so close to the pitch, (front row view was hindered by the barriers) but we were surrounded by empty seats. About 15 mins into the game these four lads staggered out of the vomitory and surveyed the stand for somewhere to sit, then preceded to pick the four directly infront of us 4, and decide to remain standing. We tapped one on the back, said "excuse me mate, got two young kids here who cant see" after some sweary grumbling they relocated to the four directly behind us, and then spent the rest of the half chanting while slamming down their seats to make a drum sound, right by our earholes! again not normally a problem but in isolation in an empty stand was fecking pointless. so we all moved elsewhere. no big deal but you just think 'who are these dicks! why?'
Last edited by General Mannerheim on Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:19 am

Experienced similar at both Blackpool and Rochdale. Young lads who can't handle a couple of beers, gobbing off and ripping down advertising boards under the stands, whilst others filmed the aftermath of smoke bombs on their phones. Utterly pointless. Scum!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:31 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:Experienced similar at both Blackpool and Rochdale. Young lads who can't handle a couple of beers, gobbing off and ripping down advertising boards under the stands, whilst others filmed the aftermath of smoke bombs on their phones. Utterly pointless. Scum!
The filming of fans "making noise" under the stand is something I simply cannot understand. You go down at halftime and see grown men holding their phones up filming 30 of their pissed up mates jumping up and down screaming. Pointless.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:38 am

Filming things is an interesting social development. Some say it's because our society, satiated with goods and belongings, now rates experiences over acquisitions – hence the accelerating preference for music fans to attend festivals rather than own records. Hence also wazzocks recording themselves and their mates being pissed. And hence also people going to enormous fireworks displays that fill the sky and watching them via the two-inch screens of mobile phones.

Anyway, back to other stuff...
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:(...)Newcastle might soon be very short of bodies in the three attacking positions behind the stirker, and having Ameobi back gives them vital squad cover, and prevents the need for them having to promote some untried youngster to the bench, or even the first team if they get injuries. Let us hope they have a couple of signings lined up and/or the African players return unscathed.
We can't wait for that. The Cup of Nations runs from 14 Jan to 5 Feb – after the window shuts. Furthermore the groups don't finish until 25 Jan, then the quarter-finals are 28/29 Jan, the semis 1/2 Feb. And NUFC's major relevant players are likely to reach the quarters at least: Mo Diame's Senegal are second favourites, while Chelsea loanee Christian Atsu's Ghana are about fifth favourites. It would be a surprise if neither reach the knockouts.

According to the local press Benitez is after Tom Cleverley, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Fabian Delph, none of whom strike me as Ameobi clones. Here's Rafathegaffer on Sammyameobi:
He has done well with Bolton. He is a player that can play in the wide areas. We’ll bring him back and see if he is fine and can give us something. We have players going to the African Cup of Nations. We have to be sure we have some players. If he’d doing well why not? It depends on him if he can stay here or not. It depends how much he can give to us.
In other words, it depends not so much on the ACoN as whether Sammy can impress Rafa (who had him start the season training with the Development squad), or more feasibly if NUFC sign someone first.

Oh, and we need to pay that bill. Owing money isn't a good look during the transfer window.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:00 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Thanks, I'll hang on to those comments for the next time you launch into me with your pious head on!
:mrgreen:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:56 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:Experienced similar at both Blackpool and Rochdale. Young lads who can't handle a couple of beers, gobbing off and ripping down advertising boards under the stands, whilst others filmed the aftermath of smoke bombs on their phones. Utterly pointless. Scum!
Sorry. I'll stop it in future honest.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:23 pm

All that 'the fans were great' nonsense, after every single game - just cheap PR no?

he is always prompted by the club employed interviewer to mention them, never off his own back.

its always nice to hear tho, esp if you were part of the crowd, but feels a bit 'thou doth protest too much' now.... although there have been some impressive attendances tbf.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:56 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Away games used to be my favourite thing in the world. Now I hate them for this very reason. I find a considerable portion of our away fanbase reprehensible. It's a generational thing I know. But everything you've described here is absolutely what drives me mad.

Experienced it at Swindon away and from a handful of people at a few home games, including one notable ST holder in his 60s who seems to be developing a rep for it in the lower stand opposite the tunnel - is that the East stand? Seriously his reaction to some players like Madine and Taylor at the Shrewsbury game was a really poor example given that he's surrounded by kids, who act more maturely despite being a fraction of his age. It most certainly is not a generational thing from my observations - I've seen it from teenagers, and I've seen it from those around retirement age. Assholes exist regardless of age, generation or geographical location. I think it's more likely to be an upbringing thing, but I'm not a sociologist.

Agreed otherwise. Stupid behaviour that does not help our promotion push.
When I say "generational thing" I mean more, I'm getting old. The people filming on their phones outside the toilets down under the stands tend to be middle aged men. So I don't mean it is the "yoof" I just mean perhaps I'm just too old for the "modern football fan" stuff that goes on.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:04 pm

Look at the first goal we conceded and have a look at who should be busting a gut to get back and defend but stays around the 18 yeard line.

Then you'll start booing.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:24 pm

DJBlu wrote:Look at the first goal we conceded and have a look at who should be busting a gut to get back and defend but stays around the 18 yeard line.

Look at second. Vela with a weak challenge then gives up. Booo.

First goal was a mess with Beevers unusually poor. Derik useless and Wheater left trying to mark 2.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:45 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
DJBlu wrote:Look at the first goal we conceded and have a look at who should be busting a gut to get back and defend but stays around the 18 yeard line.

Look at second. Vela with a weak challenge then gives up. Booo.

First goal was a mess with Beevers unusually poor. Derik useless and Wheater left trying to mark 2.
Pish, it's all Totters fault. Even the second and he wasn't on the pitch.

btw. Beevers stepped out and no one dropped in. This was an issue.

I would credit Beevers with the fault of the second for tracking the same man as Wheater but anyways boooooooo.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:46 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZGPrw1w6PI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:00 pm

Jesus wept.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:05 am

Is it Beevers? I was there but I don't know as he was nowhere to be seen?!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:19 am

DJBlu wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZGPrw1w6PI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It took until 5mins 56sec to work out that wasn't actually a girl!

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:59 pm

Hoboh wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

It took until 5mins 56sec to work out that wasn't actually a girl!
Ah, brings back memories of that trip to Thailand...
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...