Time to Bury one and get us out of this league? Home - Tuesday 18th 8.00pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Time to Bury one and get us out of this league? Home - Tuesday 18th 8.00pm

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:08 pm

Well if we win and others drop points we are up! Thats how fcking stupid this is! We should still go up!

Seriously pull your fingers out of your arses, work out a way of keeping a clean sheet and scoring a goal that doesn't require an absolutely bog standard league one target man up front, and we're there!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:30 pm

The players tonight until Derik went off & Henry came on looked puzzled, they looked like they didn't know what to do when they had the ball, looking at each other - when we went for it in the last 15 mins we played some decent quick tempo football on the floor, as Malc said why didn't / don't we start like that.

But we are just so slow & pedestrian until they get desperate, no one wants the ball no one wants to run into space, no one wants to create anything.....that's coaching & tactics in my book. Why after the first 10 aimless long balls flew way over ALF's head did Parkinson not tell them to play it on the floor, in fact why did he not tell them before the game started.

If we are to draw at Port Vale, then it'll be a 0-0 draw - because we wont score & if Karacan isn't better than Derik or Pratley were tonight then he may as well retire.
Last edited by Peter Thompson on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:31 pm

I just wish somebody would go to parky and yell in his ear "Madine isn't on the pitch" and according to a few tonight his season is over cos he is having an operation on his shoulder. How true that is I don't know.
The first half was how long we could keep it in the air for, or lump it up to Lefondre, or Howard wondering how many times he could kick it back to the opposition keeper. Totally shocking tactics and theres one man who was pretty happy on the touchline to watch that....parky. he was just stood hands in pockets quite calmly because the players are going exactly to his instructions.

parky will not take us up...he hasnt got the nous to do it, because he will play the same tactics against the last two teams and it isnt getting us anywhere

Billbob
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Billbob » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:47 pm

I think to quote Jimmy greaves " Its a funny old game " I went tonight and I personally think we look better when Henry is playing and maybe long on after the first hour against port vale.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:45 pm
Mate, it's gone. Give it up. We've hit another bad streak at exactly the wrong time. Momentum has slipped away, and heads have gone on the pitch and in the dressing room.

Skybet will give you 9/2 on Fleetwood to finish 2nd and 18/1 if you fancy Scunthorpe. Fill your boots. Easiest money you'll ever make.

It's quite obviously not gone, has it. We're not very good, but we've not been very good for most of the season. Unwatchable at home.

However on Saturday we, with the second best away record in the division, travel to a Port Vale team that have lost each of their last four games to nil. You want to talk momentum, they've beat three teams in 2017, and the highest placed of those is 14th placed Wimbledon.

I think this idea that we've had a magical season but are destined to fall short is wrong on both counts. We've been shit, but we're still going up.

WTW
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WTW » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:57 pm

Tonight was very poor... In fact, in the first half it was embarrassing... Only in the last quarter did we even start t look like a team that might threaten... all complaints about the tactical hopelessness of lumping it up to a target that can't be hit are justified...

I don't know where our next goal will come from...

Squeaky bum time looms...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:59 pm

It was only a matter of time before "Comedy" thread titles took it's toll.

Long ball to Alf doesn't work well, hasn't worked well, won't work well in the future. Picking Pratley or Wilkinson to punt it at probably isn't the answer either.

Irregardless of the statistics, I'm not buying that we can't score without Madine. On another day, the ones that hit the woodwork the last two games go in and we're home and hosed, unless we're using Madine as the crossbar and he's a bit thicker than the average one.

I'd have taken 2nd with two points advantage and two to play at the start of the season. It is still in our court. Just please, God, don't start Saturday with the cunning plan that involves punting it at Alf.

cmbfc_90
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cmbfc_90 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:14 am

We need a leader on the pitch someone who inspires us instead we have Darren Pratley, the midfield 3 where awful, that's where we need to change it up, no wonder we punt aimless balls up top to bypass that rubbish!

Billbob
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Billbob » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:21 am

Please start with Henry, if I lose him when I am sitting in the stands when he changes flanks there is a good chance the opposition will. Andrew Taylor literally has been my player of the year. Just keep on feeding him his energy yoghurt. I do like vela morais and Henry are a great trio getting it down on the ground. Long is a great addition . Yes I am a firm believer that all will come to fruition on Saturday afternoon, it's been a hard season the struggles its not been for the faint hearted. This club is working bloody miracles with the materials it has at use. There was a time I thought can we get anymore players in janaury. Let's get this win on saturday

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:38 am

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:02 pm

Why start with 1 striker at home against fecking Bury?

ALF cannot play on his own, simple.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gravdigger
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gravdigger » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:05 am

Perhaps Parker might consider pushing Samizadeh in the team for the Port Vale game. If he chokes he can be subbed, but there's no-one capable of scoring as was proved tonight. Must be worth a punt as we seriously need a goal scorer for the last two games. 8)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:50 am

Tombwfc wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:49 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:45 pm
Mate, it's gone. Give it up. We've hit another bad streak at exactly the wrong time. Momentum has slipped away, and heads have gone on the pitch and in the dressing room.

Skybet will give you 9/2 on Fleetwood to finish 2nd and 18/1 if you fancy Scunthorpe. Fill your boots. Easiest money you'll ever make.

It's quite obviously not gone, has it. We're not very good, but we've not been very good for most of the season. Unwatchable at home.

However on Saturday we, with the second best away record in the division, travel to a Port Vale team that have lost each of their last four games to nil. You want to talk momentum, they've beat three teams in 2017, and the highest placed of those is 14th placed Wimbledon.

I think this idea that we've had a magical season but are destined to fall short is wrong on both counts. We've been shit, but we're still going up.
We couldn't beat Chesterfield or Bury at home. Or Oldham away.

We aren't playing these teams. We are playing ourselves. Can't cope with the pressure. That much was obvious tonight.

Another big away support at Port Vale will again be expectant and these players are reverting to type. Failing to deliver when it matters.

Said a few weeks back that the only team who could stop us being promoted is ourselves. And that is exactly what is happening.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:31 am

its got to stage now that even if Madine does play against PV he's gonna have so much expectancy and pressure on his back hes's likely to crumble.

if we were playing Fifa we'd all make drastic changes to the line-up and formation, but we know Parky hasnt the bottle for that now - just please FFS just start James Henry!!!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:52 am

I see Parky called out Madine last night telling him he needs to play through the pain of his poorly shoulder...

So, Madine is a massive feck* fanny. Or he doesnt fancy spending the summer looking for a club with a big injury perhaps...

But Parky is panicking as he has no idea what to do without him.

We have to fecking score a goal to get promoted and I cant see how we will manage it! Agree now that too much expectation on Madine comong back and it might not come off...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:56 am

General Mannerheim wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:31 am
its got to stage now that even if Madine does play against PV he's gonna have so much expectancy and pressure on his back hes's likely to crumble.

if we were playing Fifa we'd all make drastic changes to the line-up and formation, but we know Parky hasnt the bottle for that now - just please FFS just start James Henry!!!
He does have to start Henry, poor old Derik had a shocker and the rest of the midfield crap as well. Problem is that Henry has done nothing when he's started and is often a passenger.
Sounds like Madine has been asked to play but said his poorly shoulder hurts, the soft shithouse. I wonder what would happen if Chris Wilder asked the same question of Billy Sharp? Actually no i don't because i know the answer.
I hope we do it without him and bin him off asap.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:57 am

Parky is trying to take the pressure off himself and put pressure on an injured player - so instead of thinking maybe he should try working a plan out without Madine, he wants him to play in pain? That's bully tactics imo

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:00 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:52 am
I see Parky called out Madine last night telling him he needs to play through the pain of his poorly shoulder...

So, Madine is a massive feck fanny. Or he doesnt fancy spending the summer looking for a club with a big injury perhaps...

We have to fecking score a goal to get promoted and I cant see how we will manage it! Agree now that too much expectation on Madine comong back and it might not come off...
Or he's found one and doesn't really give a shit.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:09 am

Hecky thump that was a poor show last night. A monumentally mis-managed game. How can it be, that Parkinson looked at the players available and thought that they weren't capable of playing through Bury FC – so instead we'll lump it up to Le Fondre and then See What Happens. Good grief. Inept doesn't come close to it.

I reckon Le Fondre looked over at the bench around the 83rd minute mark after losing another header to a centre half 9 inches taller than him half expecting to see a beleaguered Neil fecking fecking fecking fecking fecking feck feck feck Lennon looking on.

If we can't beat teams in the third tier without Gary fecking fecking fecking fecking fecking feck feck feck Madine in the starting 11 then we deserve to dwell at this stinking shitfest of a level for a long long time.

We opened up a bit when that useless clown Derik (who on EARTH scouted this kid? He came from Real Madrid? fecking Pontypridd more fecking like) came off, Henry came on and Vela, Henry and Morris combined fairly well down the right. Long came on for Captain Fantastic and barely touched the ball. Wheater had a good long-range effort.

The best moment came early in the first half when Taylor got in a mess on the touchline and Beevers clouted the ball right into his boatrace. Classic 3rd tier football at £23 a seat.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:10 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:00 am
officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:52 am

So, Madine is a massive feck fanny. Or he doesnt fancy spending the summer looking for a club with a big injury perhaps...

Or he's found one and doesn't really give a shit.
I hope that's not the case as he could go down as the main man who got us promoted by playing through the pain.

Would imagine the majority or players as it stands would be looking to get a team promoted to put it on their list of achievements. Would be a sorry state of affairs to later turn out that his heads been turned by an opposition club this late in the season and it's affecting the club as a result of madine playing it safe.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:24 am

Parky said in his interview 'we'll keep on chipping away thats all we can do" FFS that is not all we can fecking do, theres lots we can fecking do!! i found that statement troubling, like he's lost belief.

also, when are they players gonna take some responsibility? surely they can recognise this shit isnt working? its their futures they're hoofing!

Im not sure folk will forget about this capitulation even if we do scrape through, its definitely gonna take the shine off it...