"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:36 am

Bit of appropriate if misquoted, Shakespeare for this one.

Nervous already. COYW!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Post by DJBlu » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:20 am

Many bricks shall be shite this week.

Not looking forward to it but 1 point should do it.

I doubt I'll have any finger nails left come 1.30pm next Sunday.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" Bolton vs Posh 30th April

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:54 am

Very nervous about this. Yet to get my ticket for the game
Pfffft.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:15 am

It's got confortable Fleetwood win with us at 0-0 with 10 to go written all over it.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:19 am

For all those not able to attend, it looks like Sky Sports have got something in the guide for EFL at 11.30am so fingers crossed it could be shown live.

"Live EFL
Sky Sports 2 Sun 30th Apr, 11:30am
A match from Sky Bet League 1. Also in HD"

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:44 am

Could they do a 'red button' thing and have both ours and Fleetwood on?
Pfffft.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:17 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:44 am
I really wouldn't want that. This is about us, all about us. We have the whip hand and we will rise to this occasion....Good luck to Fleetwood getting in the play offs, they showed real fight yesterday, but next Sunday isn't about Fleetwood, it's about us... :oyea: .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:31 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:17 pm
TKIZ! wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:44 am
I really wouldn't want that. This is about us, all about us. We have the whip hand and we will rise to this occasion....Good luck to Fleetwood getting in the play offs, they showed real fight yesterday, but next Sunday isn't about Fleetwood, it's about us... :oyea: .
Just about everyone other than Bolton fans will be hoping we slip up and let Fleetwood go up.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:16 pm

Is the meet-up after the game inside or outside?
Pfffft.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:21 pm

I've really enjoyed this season; it's been the best for a long while and will probably be a high water mark for the forseeable too.

And for that reason alone we're going to win. And win 2-0. And then go up. And then I'm going to party like it's 1989.
Businesswoman of the year.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:29 pm

Im on a stag do in Swansea, no way i can drive up at 7:30 after a massive skinful. Bastard midday kick off.
I'll be back for the playoffs though. :(

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:33 pm

I'm so torn. Part of me thinks the win yesterday did us the power of good.

Other part thinks this game is exactly the situation this group of players doesn't thrive in. Need to force the situation be on top. Get a goal or two and not let Peterbrough breathe. But that just isn't our game. I don't fancy sitting back and soaking up against them. At all.

Also a nagging doubt that if we were going up Fleetwood wouldn't have nabbed that late winner yesterday. Just feels like there is a story there written all over this.

We have to be the big ugly mean team we were under Sam. Like when we relegated the media Darlings West Ham. Fast start and no let up. No mercy. If we are not ahead and Fleetwood bang some goals in I fear the pressure from a large and expectant home crowd will once again prove too much.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:08 pm

^^ I'm surprised you're not now brimming with confidence. No, really.

What will be, will be. It's still in our hands. Fleetwood would still swap places with us, two teams dropped out of the equation for automatic promotion yesterday, further reducing the problem. Yes it only takes one team to overtake us, but we're in a much better place than at 14:59 yesterday.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:33 pm
If we are not ahead and Fleetwood bang some goals in I fear the pressure from a large and expectant home crowd will once again prove too much.

1. We aren't playing Fleetwood, are we, amigo? . If they score ten and we win one-nil, it won't change anything. Here we are with one game to go, two points to the good and even a draw will see us promoted regardless of what the "fishy folk" do. We've had a good season, are second in our league and have a great defensive record. Our two central defenders are in "Team of the Year" and have scored, what? fifteen goals between them and who's going to hand us anything on a plate and why should they? What we have we've earned, but to all the other teams in this league we're no better than them.

p.s, if by some strange phenomenon Fleetwood should create a miracle and overtake us, I fully intend seeking you out and giving you a whack with a very large wet kipper. Be warned.... :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Perhaps we should play in yellow....

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:00 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:15 am
It's got confortable Fleetwood win with us at 0-0 with 10 to go written all over it.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck
This. Much as I'd love us to race into an early two goal lead a'la Middlesbrough, it's just not the Bolton way is it? It's going to be bloody horrible!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

WTW
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WTW » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:41 pm

I'm trying to push away the memory of a last match of the season game against feckin Blackpool...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:18 pm

WTW wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:41 pm
I'm trying to push away the memory of a last match of the season game against feckin Blackpool...
Well we were the in form team on a run while others had stuttered before Dougie decided to be a smart arse and spoil it.
We're the stutterers this time so it'll be reet.
Flawless logic.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:13 pm

Fleetwood's fate is in our hands. I'm happy not to be one of the coastal dwellers on this occasion, kippers or no kippers. Would you lads and lassies really like to be relying on the team above to lose ... or else ... the dreadful play-off roundabout? I'll be happy with a clean sheet and no goals (once it's over). :)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:17 am

Dujon wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:13 pm
Fleetwood's fate is in our hands. I'm happy not to be one of the coastal dwellers on this occasion, kippers or no kippers. Would you lads and lassies really like to be relying on the team above to lose ... or else ... the dreadful play-off roundabout? I'll be happy with a clean sheet and no goals (once it's over). :)
Clearly they'd swap positions, but pressure-wise it's all on us. They'd go into the playoffs on a massive high, whereas for us just being in them would represent a massive failure. Wouldn't be writing us off though, even if the worst happens saturday.