The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:01 pm

From the little I've seen of Karacan, he looks to be a busy get stuck in sort that you'll see at both ends of the pitch being effective. Be nice to have a nice calm foot on the ball type player that can move the ball in all directions and look after the back 4 to complement Karacan.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:05 pm

I thought Ameobi was signing today? Surely not another twitter promise not delivered on!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:42 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:05 pm
I thought Ameobi was signing today? Surely not another twitter promise not delivered on!
I'm sure it got loads of likes and retweets though innit?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:49 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
He never said signing today. People need to chill. Does it matter if he signs today, tomorrow or next week so long as he signs? Talk is that he's linking up with the squad in Scotland.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:24 am

Today's BN: Amos available for loan.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... s_on_loan/
PP: “We can’t carry four keepers so we’ve said to Ben, can we get him out on loan somewhere? The other two lads did well for us last year and it’s difficult not just in matches but even in training to make sure you can cover four goalkeepers. I will be taking the two senior lads – Mark Howard and Ben Alnwick – to Scotland with us and the other two will be missing out.”

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:49 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
He never said signing today. People need to chill. Does it matter if he signs today, tomorrow or next week so long as he signs? Talk is that he's linking up with the squad in Scotland.
I was joking, though it would be pretty emberassing if he didnt sign now! Hes been sat in the stand tonight with Derik and Morais, both injured.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:39 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:20 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:49 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
I was joking, though it would be pretty emberassing if he didnt sign now! Hes been sat in the stand tonight with Derik and Morais, both injured.
Parky (source: BN):
We agreed with Sammy on Saturday and his agent and Ken (Anderson) are just finalising that now. I was keen to get Sammy up training rather than leaving him down there and missing more. He was keen to do that. He has been doing his own work but we need him to be out there playing football and he’s done a few days now. There is a little bit more work to be done and we need to get the paperwork done in the next 24 hours but it would be great to have him on board.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:58 am

Plenty of good reading in the BN today.

Ameobi edges closer:
Iles: "Wanderers should complete the signing of Sammy Ameobi by the end of the week. The finishing touches were being put to the 25-year-old’s contract yesterday and a deal could be wrapped up in time for him to play some part in the friendly against Dundee on Friday evening."

Parky: "Sammy has got that ability to open doors for us. We enjoyed working with him before on loan, he’s got a good attitude and he showed last time he wants to improve. We’re hoping to wrap it all up now sooner rather than later."

Parky on other incomings: “We’re in dialogue with a few clubs about players on year-long loans, West Ham being one of them, and it’s no different to us – they bring the younger lads on pre-season trips because you don’t want to expose the senior players to too many minutes too early. Premier League club have got big squads, so they use them. It’s part and parcel of football.

“We know we have got lots of work to do on recruitment and slowly but surely we’re piece the jigsaw together. Character is vital in the dressing room, on the training pitch, out there on a Saturday afternoon, and we have been searching for players we think will be good role models for us and leaders. We have got a big challenge in the Championship this season so we need people who will dig in and help the cause for Bolton Wanderers.”

More from Parky:
Every manager at this stage of the season always wants more players in. I’m no different but I think sometimes you have to be patient when you’re competing with other clubs. Anyone can sign players but sometimes you have to wait and get the best ones available in your budget, which in our case has been the free agents and loans.
Obviously, the embargo restricts the numbers we can bring in. And we can’t pay fees. I know the supporters will say they have heard this many times before but the club is working extremely hard to rectify that situation. And I think we have got to get on with it.
Standing here today, I think the club is in a stronger position than it has been for quite a while. The quality of the squad, the work we’re doing on the training ground, the work the chairman and the board are doing behind the scenes to try and get this club back on a level playing field. It is happening.
It’s going to be a challenge in the Championship, we know that. We’re trying to get a profile of players who have something to prove. I don’t want people who are not going to give everything.
We understand we’re not going to go into the Championship and start competing financially with the Aston Villas of this world. We’re not at that level. But I can get the players in and get them as fit as possible, as organised as possible, and make sure they have the right mentality. If that happens, hopefully we can give a good account of ourselves come the end of the season.
I’m looking forward to the start of the season, there isn’t any nervousness. I think at the moment there’s maybe a bit of anxiousness – one minute you think you’ve got a player and the next minute something happens and you don’t – we’ve had a medical not quite go right or work permit issues. They are normal things in football over the summer and you just have to hold your nerve. We are looking forward to the new season. There is an excitement there for me, even after all these years in football.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:46 am

Lee Anderson hinting at 2 signings to be announced soon. Ameobi presumably 1.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:08 pm

Didn't I read, in the week, the two Wet Spam loanees might still be on the Agenda too?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:08 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:08 pm
Didn't I read, in the week, the two Wet Spam loanees might still be on the Agenda too?
They are. Iles reckons both as good as done. But West Ham want to keep them with them for their pre-season activities.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
They are. Iles reckons both as good as done. But West Ham want to keep them with them for their pre-season activities.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... Wanderers/
WANDERERS may have to wait another month before signing Reece Burke or Josh Cullen on loan.

West Ham boss Slaven Bilic has told Phil Parkinson he wants to take the highly-rated youngsters on the Hammers’ tour of Austria and Germany as cover. Burke and Cullen both flew out to Vienna at the start of the week for an 11-day training camp in Bad Waltersdorf, which will be followed by another camp in Germany at the end of the month.

It is understood Bilic wants the pair to stay with the first team group for at least the first leg of the European tour.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:19 pm

Ahhh - thanks DSB - that was the badger.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:59 pm

Ameobi is a done deal - (training) pitch (training) shirt and (genuine) grin
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:33 pm

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:23 pm

When we first signed him I was skeptical. Thought he was a show pony who wouldn't produce much. But I was wrong. He came in showed quality and grafted.

Enjoyed watching him last season, so glad he's signed again. We've now got 4 right wingers and 2 right backs in the squad. Need some left siders.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:23 pm
When we first signed him I was skeptical. Thought he was a show pony who wouldn't produce much. But I was wrong. He came in showed quality and grafted.

Enjoyed watching him last season, so glad he's signed again. We've now got 4 right wingers and 2 right backs in the squad. Need some left siders.
I'm sure Ameobi could play on the left - But I still think we'll play with wingbacks

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:59 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:47 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:23 pm

I'm sure Ameobi could play on the left - But I still think we'll play with wingbacks
Although I can see that in certain circumstances, you'd imagine Ameobi is near the top of our payscale (said to be £10kpw), and Buckley won't be far off it. I can't imagine we'd use two big-wage cards for "impact subs". Wondering if Parky has a different role in mind for Sammy... an option in a front two? It's a weird idea, but I can't quite shake it...

As you say, Ameobi could well play on the left, and I'm struggling to think who BWFCi's fourth right-winger is (after Morais). Chris Taylor's more left than right, Buckley's no stranger to that side, so you could say we've got a fairly balanced four for the two flanks. I certainly wouldn't want eight wingers and four full-backs...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:59 pm

I forgot about Buckley!!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:02 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:59 pm
I forgot about Buckley!!
Heh - so did I the other day. It's felt like a long summer...!