Should Phil Parkinson be sacked?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Should BWFC sack Phil Parkinson?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 69

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Should Phil Parkinson be sacked?

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:11 pm

Assuming Buckley is now injured in the usual fashion I would have the don or Magennis our wide (doidge central with the latter) tonight in a 433. Would surprise the opposition I imagine.

Anyway I don’t think the don has been that bad...he’s a guy who needs a few chances to score clearly but he’s been around this division. He’s 34 so knocking on a bit, and we really don’t create an awful lot through the wide men, which is where I think our coaches need help.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:38 pm

To be fair to Clayton, he wasn't in a 4-3-3 on Saturday. More: 4-5------------------1.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:39 pm

What about Luton town town manager

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:44 pm

10 games out of 15 we haven’t scored in!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:01 pm

It's like the bloody brexit vote for me this. I keep changing my mind! After Saturday I was more supportive of him. Despite only getting the one goal, we'd played pretty well and created chances. Tonight was more typical of late though. Dour, pedestrian, aimless and zero creativity.

If we don't win Saturday I think he needs to walk
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:54 pm

Has he gone yet ae:)

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:41 am

He should be sacked to be replaced by Simon Grayson. Parky has been given time but yet doesn't know his best line up. The way the team are performing I can't see them scoring another ten goals all season.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:22 pm

How can we afford to sack him,, and promise funds to a new incumbent - when we can't even afford to pay our existing staff ?
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:41 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:22 pm
How can we afford to sack him,, and promise funds to a new incumbent - when we can't even afford to pay our existing staff ?
Very simple answer - we can’t.

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:50 pm

Look for me , and I'm thinking he have the money but will not put a penny in Bolton .

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:19 pm

It all seems a rum business. I'm still wondering why K.A. bought the club in the first place? Did he think Eddie Davies would just keep shelling money into the pot or what? His dying must have been a blow for more than just sentimental reasons. As a business man first he obviously doesn't want the club but just to sell it and get out with a pay-off, probably what he intended all along. That's not really an ideal attitude for an owner, or is that just old-fashioned thinking? Between him and the supporters trust it's all gone into a massive cock up that badly needs resolution.

Yours faithfully, No Shxt Sherlock. :?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:33 am

Every other time they've gone behind this season, Wigan have lost. Not this time. I make it that we've taken the lead nine times in league games, and been pegged back on four of those occasions; for every Derby (score early and be disciplined) there's a Bristol City (score two and still not win). Indeed, had one of those lead-takers not come as late as the 89th minute (at The Hawthorns), who among us could be confident we would have held out for long? We haven't protected a lead since September. True, we've only had two, but that's hardly a ringing endorsement either.

There is virtue in being the sort of buggardly organised team that can grind out results. It's not the best of all worlds but it's not the worst either. It basically got us promoted and got us most of the meagre points total required to stay up last time. Now we've turned into a team that usually concedes first, usually loses if so, and even on the rare occasion it scores first will often only escape with a point. It's a relegation recipe.

Under normal circumstances, without sharpening pitchforks or soiling bedsheets, I'd be sadly aware that it was time to change. However, these are not normal circumstances. I'm not advocating that Parky be pitied because of the obstacles he has faced, because what I want more than anything is for my team to do as well as possible, so I want the best man possible to lead us. If we were solvent and able to trade next month, I'd be all for hiring Simon Grayson, whose CV has the triple threat of multiple third-tier promotions, some second-tier survivals and comfortably establishing a club or two in that second tier. However, could he work with Ken? Could he work with the players we have? Could he work without cash? Could he work with players who may be going unpaid? Parky may be a limited manager and coach but as a leader of this group he's assembled I think we could find a lot worse. Maybe a change would work but maybe it would only lead to the sort of total squad collapse we suffered last time we left this division.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:07 pm

Would it not be worthwhile asking our league winning Academy Manager if he'd like a coaching role with the first time? Currently lacking when we go forward, not worthwhile asking if he'd do that and asking someone else to look after the U23's?
Pfffft.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:26 pm

Not sure yesterday comes into the equation. Two really bad refereeing calls cost us the win, not much that Parky did otherwise. Wigan would want to win just as bad as we did and the ref cost us the game. Not the first time this has happened.If I were Parky I'd be ranting at the referees association as to just how many bad decisions it takes from their officials before it cost me my living. In that respect, Parky is too much the nice guy. Wake up Phil and fight back....before it really is too late.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:19 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:33 am
Every other time they've gone behind this season, Wigan have lost. Not this time. I make it that we've taken the lead nine times in league games, and been pegged back on four of those occasions; for every Derby (score early and be disciplined) there's a Bristol City (score two and still not win). Indeed, had one of those lead-takers not come as late as the 89th minute (at The Hawthorns), who among us could be confident we would have held out for long? We haven't protected a lead since September. True, we've only had two, but that's hardly a ringing endorsement either.

There is virtue in being the sort of buggardly organised team that can grind out results. It's not the best of all worlds but it's not the worst either. It basically got us promoted and got us most of the meagre points total required to stay up last time. Now we've turned into a team that usually concedes first, usually loses if so, and even on the rare occasion it scores first will often only escape with a point. It's a relegation recipe.

Under normal circumstances, without sharpening pitchforks or soiling bedsheets, I'd be sadly aware that it was time to change. However, these are not normal circumstances. I'm not advocating that Parky be pitied because of the obstacles he has faced, because what I want more than anything is for my team to do as well as possible, so I want the best man possible to lead us. If we were solvent and able to trade next month, I'd be all for hiring Simon Grayson, whose CV has the triple threat of multiple third-tier promotions, some second-tier survivals and comfortably establishing a club or two in that second tier. However, could he work with Ken? Could he work with the players we have? Could he work without cash? Could he work with players who may be going unpaid? Parky may be a limited manager and coach but as a leader of this group he's assembled I think we could find a lot worse. Maybe a change would work but maybe it would only lead to the sort of total squad collapse we suffered last time we left this division.
More pertinently who pays the up Parky and his staff’s contract and funds Grayson and his staff’s wages? We know there is nowt in the kitty.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:24 pm

I read in the BEN that Parky hasn't been paid his bonuses from last season... and that the players had to stand on the train to Millwall....
This is like a 1980s throwback

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:14 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:24 pm
I read in the BEN that Parky hasn't been paid his bonuses from last season... and that the players had to stand on the train to Millwall....
Enoch, Pru & I stood on the train to Millwall. And we haven't had our bonuses from last season. #MeToo
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:35 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:14 pm
nelson66 wrote:
Enoch, Pru & I stood on the train to Millwall. And we haven't had our bonuses from last season. #MeToo
:D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:19 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:14 pm
nelson66 wrote:
:spank:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:29 am

nelson66 wrote:
The story is now online about the management not being paid their bonuses for last season.
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ety-bonus/

As Iles tweeted, that's not about 'cashflow'. That's about corner-cutting and Ken trying to get away with stiffing anybody he thinks he can, from the caterers to the players who've left to the poor stupid bloody manager who somehow managed to corral us to safety last season but is too honest and nice to call his gaffer out on it.

One other thing: I know it's hard to rally sympathy for the footballing classes, and I suspect that part of the perceptual problem is the word 'bonuses'. Most working folk don't get them, so many assume they're extravagant extras for the City (and Man City) types. But these are contractual rewards for jobs well done, often decried by the same terrace ht-heads who say players shouldn't be paid if they lose. I'm well aware that a Karl Henry or a Phil Parkinson makes more money than most but he deserves to be paid what he's been pledged.

Again, it comes down to a simple two-option reading: either our chairman is shafting as many people as possible - including the ones who do the jobs he asks - or we are really truly terrifyingly skint. All the last-minute chicanery around winding-up orders has somehow heightened this idea of Ken the wheeler-dealer, but things like this make me ever surer that he's nowhere near as in control of this thing as he likes to make out. He seemed to give up the night before the last court date, and it was left to poor old Parky to find an answer. Whether or not he's a good enough manager for now, he deserves better than this.