Should Phil Parkinson be sacked?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Should BWFC sack Phil Parkinson?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 69

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Should Phil Parkinson be sacked?

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:23 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:57 am
Jugs wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:44 am
I really don't know what to make of it all. As a freelancer, I'm always paid late. I just crack on.

I don't like seeing these eye-catching headlines all over the place about our players wanting to move on. It just makes us look bad and I hate that.

URGH.
When on a contract you should be paid on time. Full stop, by anybody, no matter who you are or who they are.
If your contract states you are paid monthly on the 15th, you should be paid monthly on the 15th, no excuses.
Yep. I know what Jugs means - I'm now freelance too, so to quote Richard Hell, it comes in spurts - but I agree with you. It's (usually) in the contract, fergawdsake. To ignore that is illegal - OK, maybe not on a par with murder, but against the law of the land.

In this instance, it's not like Parkyandstaff have failed to crack on, and it's perhaps possible there wasn't an actual written agreement (or it didn't have a fulfilment date). But that's splitting legal hairs. More importantly, the whole thing stinks and strongly suggests nobody can trust Ken to pay them - whether that's his fault or the club's fiscal shitshow.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:24 pm

Geordie Greig
Ahhh, the bloke currently losing the mail online readers and affecting profit from the clickbait.
The man's obsessed with Megan and Kate.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:34 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:
I really don't know what to make of it all. As a freelancer, I'm always paid late. I just crack on.

I don't like seeing these eye-catching headlines all over the place about our players wanting to move on. It just makes us look bad and I hate that.

URGH.
When on a contract you should be paid on time. Full stop, by anybody, no matter who you are or who they are.
If your contract states you are paid monthly on the 15th, you should be paid monthly on the 15th, no excuses.
I mean if the business has no money...then I think there is an excuse. But that should have been communicated far better than "email all".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:47 pm

I wonder what people like Stephen Ireland think of the situation at Bolton? Not a great inducement to give your all when you can't guarantee your wages, I would think. Unless something drastic happens (why hasn't it up till now) I can't see anything but all our decent players jumping ship and not even wanting offered deals that can't be guarenteed? I'm asking, not telling because I just can't even imagine how we ever got to this? It's sickening.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:34 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:

URGH.
I mean if the business has no money...then I think there is an excuse. But that should have been communicated far better than "email all".
If a business has no means of paying it's contractual sums on time, it has no business being in business. It still has no excuse. Hence, probably, why the mentions of a mass abandonment in the January window...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:

URGH.
He took over the business. He signed almost all of the contracts. He signed off on the payments for Magennis and Doige. "I ran the business badly" is not an excuse.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:28 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:56 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:

URGH.
He took over the business. He signed almost all of the contracts. He signed off on the payments for Magennis and Doige. "I ran the business badly" is not an excuse.
You are arguing something different to my point. Irrespective of blame if the business accounts are empty - they cannot pay the wages. Its a simple fact. Just as if my bank account is empty I cannot pay my bills.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:28 pm
Prufrock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:

URGH.
You are arguing something different to my point. Irrespective of blame if the business accounts are empty - they cannot pay the wages. Its a simple fact. Just as if my bank account is empty I cannot pay my bills.
Not sure you'd be treating the wife to a new car, if you were in that situation though
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:39 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:28 pm
Prufrock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:

URGH.

No, you're arguing something different to your point :D. You said that's an excuse. It's not, though it may be an explanation.

Though to use your example does that still apply if you and your son had another bank account with the best part of a million in consultancy fees in it (not including your wages).
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:45 pm

There is no excuse imho. Bonuses appear not to have been paid to the coaching staff from last season. Players weren't paid bonuses in July, yet we made a "small profit" following last season and the sale of Madine. It wasn't like we were hoarding money to pay off Blumarble, because we know ED funded that, despite KA seeing fit to put the club into admin over it, and we agreed fees for Magennis and Doidge. We had the Heathcote's non-payment issue, Karl Henry's non-payment issue. There were reported issues for the October salaries at the start of November and now this issue. It has happened numerous times prior to this season.

KA just doesn't appear to value honouring deals to pay people. It doesn't appear to be a priority of his. And so it shouldn't be a priority of anyone to agree to work for him. The players and management should all leave, and I wish them well.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:14 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:

URGH.
I get it but I'm finding it hard to muster any sympathy for the players atm, owing to how piss poor they've been at time this season. IF they're going to the press with "I'm finding a new club because I was paid a few days late" statements, as a fan watching an absolute shit show of a season - and ignoring all these legal obligations for a moment - it just gripes a bit.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:47 pm
I wonder what people like Stephen Ireland think of the situation at Bolton? Not a great inducement to give your all when you can't guarantee your wages, I would think. Unless something drastic happens (why hasn't it up till now) I can't see anything but all our decent players jumping ship and not even wanting offered deals that can't be guarenteed? I'm asking, not telling because I just can't even imagine how we ever got to this? It's sickening.
Yeah Tango, there are several clubs who have sent buses just waiting for our players based on their performance this season. They currently have plenty of options.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:37 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:26 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:47 pm
Yeah Tango, there are several clubs who have sent buses just waiting for our players based on their performance this season. They currently have plenty of options.
Ha, point taken mate, but if we lose even them due to our problems, they'll look like Real Madrid compared to what we'll be able to afford. John MaGinley, Dave Lee and Tony Kelly may not be done yet, and Ivan Campo has promised to return if we call, and SuperKev might still have his boots dubbined.... :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:35 pm

I see reading are looking for a new manager.

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:33 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:35 pm
PP 5/1 second favourite this time 'round, behind Steve Bruce.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:37 pm

palindromeofbolton wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:33 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Good. I hope he walks out and takes the Reading job. That might just be the trigger to get rid of Anderson.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:45 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:37 pm
palindromeofbolton wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:33 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Good. I hope he walks out and takes the Reading job. That might just be the trigger to get rid of Anderson.
It would be interesting to see Ken's next move if Parky did go of his own volition (as opposed to being hurled in front of the bus by the chairman). Not as in who he'd hire, although in itself that would be interesting. More whether he could be civil. Gartside couldn't manage it with Allardyce, and Ken has rarely spoken highly of anyone who's left.

I fear Ken won't give up his increasingly sickly golden goose even if it's squawking its last and squeezing out nothing but blood.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:47 pm

I almost hope they offer him the job as I think it'll suit all parties.

Parky could leave us with his head held high for the job he's done in extremely difficult circumstances and we could be due a tiny bit of compo (?)
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:35 pm

lion of Vienna Suite Retweeted

Courtney Friday

@ChronCourtney
58m58 minutes ago
More
Hearing #readingfc will continue discussions with Phil Parkinson tomorrow. Have spoken with him in the past but move never materialised (obviously).

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:46 pm

per Marc Iles ets tweet, Parky is now the bookies’ favourite for the Reading job. Doesn’t always mean anything bar them trying to ameliorate their losses but from the quote above it sounds like there’s something in it.

F21F8694-CFE5-43EC-9811-79C14B05284B.jpeg
F21F8694-CFE5-43EC-9811-79C14B05284B.jpeg (44.18 KiB) Viewed 3299 times