Time to Declare...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Time to Declare...

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:25 pm

gizmothevoomer wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:07 am
The problem is not the manager,

I met with an established player (who is currently playing in the championship who also has premiership experience.) yesterday who was offered a contract by Bolton.

He liked the club and the reason he chose the other club was our Chairman, I won't repeat the phrase he used to describe him on an open forum. That is the cancer at the heart of BWFC at the moment until that changes we will not attract players our managers.
The problem IS the manager. Just because the chairman is toxic is not an excuse. There can be many reasons, manager, chairman, and team: I'm not interested in which one is the bigger problem, they're all a problem.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:51 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:25 pm
gizmothevoomer wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:07 am
The problem is not the manager,

I met with an established player (who is currently playing in the championship who also has premiership experience.) yesterday who was offered a contract by Bolton.

He liked the club and the reason he chose the other club was our Chairman, I won't repeat the phrase he used to describe him on an open forum. That is the cancer at the heart of BWFC at the moment until that changes we will not attract players our managers.
The problem IS the manager. Just because the chairman is toxic is not an excuse. There can be many reasons, manager, chairman, and team: I'm not interested in which one is the bigger problem, they're all a problem.
The Chairman is Toxic and whilst he is in place we will not attract players better or worse, therefore no ambitious manager is going to be attracted to us. Which means there is absolutely no reason to get rid of Parkinson as nothig would change, also we can't afford to pay his contract up.

The question of whether the team is performing to potential currently, is probably not. However the reason for that is more likely due to the fact the players are unsure of whether they will get paid at the end of the month or not. You can only expect a professional performance if they are treated in a professional manner.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:39 am

I fully agree with Spotty that "there can be many reasons".

It has also become screamingly obvious in the last few days that the biggest problem is the owner.

As many have said over the past quarter-decade, I'd be interested to see how the current manager would get on without financial shackles of some sort or other. It's entirely possible (IMO) that he'd still be naturally conservative, too much so for some tastes, but with better players further forward that might not matter so much.

It's also perfectly possible that he's just not up to managing in this, extremely tough, division. But I doubt anyone could disagree that this has hardly been a fair run at it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:43 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:39 am
I fully agree with Spotty that "there can be many reasons".

It has also become screamingly obvious in the last few days that the biggest problem is the owner.

As many have said over the past quarter-decade, I'd be interested to see how the current manager would get on without financial shackles of some sort or other. It's entirely possible (IMO) that he'd still be naturally conservative, too much so for some tastes, but with better players further forward that might not matter so much.

It's also perfectly possible that he's just not up to managing in this, extremely tough, division. But I doubt anyone could disagree that this has hardly been a fair run at it.
It isn't just financial shackles. When you hear the full extent of what's gone on at the club - Parky hasn't just worked a miracle, he's done more than that.

The situation is intolerable. I just hope he walks and talks about what has been happening.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:11 am

Be a hell of an autobiography

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:19 am

DJBlu wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:11 am
Heh. You'd think so but it depends on the personality. Take Colin Todd: given he was at the club for three promotions (including a record-breaking one he presided over with a brilliant bunch of characters), a relegation, a play-off final loss and a slide into the sort of financial trouble that has your board selling your best players under you, our bit of his autobiography should have been riveting reading. But let me assure you, it really isn't. As the first Amazon review states, "To be fair to Todd he clearly states that he will not name names or make individual comments early on in this book. But I ask why bother if that is the case, I can read practically, all that he written, from match reports. I want, and indeed, expect more from an autobiography. Still at least it was only 99p, about 90p too much."

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:55 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:19 am
DJBlu wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:11 am
Heh. You'd think so but it depends on the personality. Take Colin Todd: given he was at the club for three promotions (including a record-breaking one he presided over with a brilliant bunch of characters), a relegation, a play-off final loss and a slide into the sort of financial trouble that has your board selling your best players under you, our bit of his autobiography should have been riveting reading. But let me assure you, it really isn't. As the first Amazon review states, "To be fair to Todd he clearly states that he will not name names or make individual comments early on in this book. But I ask why bother if that is the case, I can read practically, all that he written, from match reports. I want, and indeed, expect more from an autobiography. Still at least it was only 99p, about 90p too much."
My Amazon review stated: "pile of anaemic shite. Do not buy. Completely absent of anything 'autobiographical'" which was taken down within hours of posting it.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください