Reconstruction time again: the summer 2018 transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Reconstruction time again: the summer 2018 transfer thread

Post by jmjhb » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:33 pm

Why announce it now?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:44 pm

Gutting emotionally, cracking guy to have about the place.

Makes sense from the football side, especially if we're after another striker and/or Aneke.

Good luck, little man.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:47 pm

Mar wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:05 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:50 pm
Mar wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:48 pm
Ridiculous news coming out of the club both in timing and in personnel changes.

How many more times are we going to get rid of our top goalscorer?

I genuinely believe that he doesn't fit Parky's mold but Parkinson wanted him to come good in that role. He gave a lot of effort in his time at the club but its hard to see why he's looking to leave. Doing ever so well in league one only to immediately not get game time last season, delivering the goods on the last day of the season only to get benched and looking to get minimal game time.

Hopefully we've got a loan signing yet to come in but given our luck we may not get one.

You realise he started the season last time as Parky built a nonsense system purely to get him in the side....

That game plan went out of the window 2 games in where we had 3 goals in the first 2 games to going to 1 goal in the next 9. Really doubt his game plan was focused primarily around the dynamic duo of Le Fondre and Morais, especially seeing as the likes of Jeff King got starts ahead of him.
We ditched the plan because it failed. 4-2-3-1 is the system that suits us. Le Fondre doesn’t fit. Let him go and play. He’s probably going to his level now.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:48 pm

Are we getting money for ALF?????

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:54 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:48 pm
He's under contract so we are entitled to a fee unless we choose to waive it for some reason or other (usually to help clear the wage bill). The question will be asked - along with many others - at the post-match presser.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:02 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:54 pm
The_Gun wrote:
He's under contract so we are entitled to a fee unless we choose to waive it for some reason or other (usually to help clear the wage bill). The question will be asked - along with many others - at the post-match presser.

To me, it sounds like we have released ALF not sold him.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:08 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:02 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:54 pm
The_Gun wrote:

To me, it sounds like we have released ALF not sold him.
It does indeed sound like a mutual contract cancellation, which amounts to a loss on an asset. Ken can't be happy, as the press release rather implies.

EDIT Iles: "Parkinson says he was surprised by Le Fondre's exit but asked fans to respect club/his decision. No fee involved but wage can now be used. Three year deal in Oz."

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:14 pm

No fee involved...he's been released from his contract

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:24 pm

Club statement:

Adam Le Fondre has been given permission by Bolton Wanderers Football Club to speak with a club overseas regarding a possible transfer after being presented with an “opportunity of a lifetime”.

The striker, who has not featured in Wanderers’ Carabao Cup squad at Leeds United this evening, has expressed a strong desire to take on this new challenge.

Taking all factors into consideration, Bolton Wanderers Football Club has reluctantly agreed to allow the player to leave the club with immediate effect to pursue his ambitions.

Everybody at Bolton Wanderers Football Club would like to thank Adam for his excellent service to the club and we wish him and his family all the best for the future.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:39 pm

Joke if we didn’t get a fee - mongy Wigan paid £1.5 million for Garner and I bet their records are comparable!!

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:56 pm

We all saw this coming, surely? I love the guy, but he had to move on. He'd never be happy without regular games and he's nowhere near fitting the system now. Sucks, but that's football sometimes. I don't believe he's forced his way out, I think the situation is fairly clear. Parky said we were not moving for some players he wanted because he needed to use "the money available" to get priorities in.

Shocking way to announce it. The club's comms strategy is utter garbage and this'll infuriate a lot of fans.

My assumption is we'll now do a couple of loan deals from the lower leagues, but given that we look set to start Grounds this season and Remi will always be in the squad, the limit of 5 on a match day matters. If we get in a couple of lads that Parky actually wants to play in his system then we will ultimately be better off.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:02 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:39 pm
Joke if we didn’t get a fee - mongy Wigan paid £1.5 million for Garner and I bet their records are comparable!!
He’s going to Australia. We aren’t getting a fee because he will have walked away without wages. Nobody was paying a fee for him. We’ve just been through a window and nobody bid for him.

Honestly think we will be better off if we get players who can actually contribute an all round game to the team. We aren’t good enough to carry Le Fondre. He would have been useful off the bench but it isn’t fair to keep him if he has the chance to go off and play.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:04 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:56 pm
We all saw this coming, surely? I love the guy, but he had to move on. He'd never be happy without regular games and he's nowhere near fitting the system now. Sucks, but that's football sometimes. I don't believe he's forced his way out, I think the situation is fairly clear. Parky said we were not moving for some players he wanted because he needed to use "the money available" to get priorities in.

Shocking way to announce it. The club's comms strategy is utter garbage and this'll infuriate a lot of fans.

My assumption is we'll now do a couple of loan deals from the lower leagues, but given that we look set to start Grounds this season and Remi will always be in the squad, the limit of 5 on a match day matters. If we get in a couple of lads that Parky actually wants to play in his system then we will ultimately be better off.
Not sure I agree with that. Le Fondre knew where the net was - proved it many times in the spare opportunities he's had. Practically kept us up v Forest and will always score goals. With the cash window now closed, we're left with the s*** other teams don't want - again.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:02 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
He’s going to Australia. We aren’t getting a fee because he will have walked away without wages. Nobody was paying a fee for him. We’ve just been through a window and nobody bid for him.

Honestly think we will be better off if we get players who can actually contribute an all round game to the team. We aren’t good enough to carry Le Fondre. He would have been useful off the bench but it isn’t fair to keep him if he has the chance to go off and play.
Do Australian clubs not pay transfer fees? I’m assuming their transfer window is open till August 31st.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:10 pm

Jugs wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:04 pm
Not sure I agree with that. Le Fondre knew where the net was
He's not going to find it from the bench and if Parky gets his next target man in Le Fondre would be heading them in from the stands.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

Who do we want? 3 Clayton Donaldson's?

Need variety, especially for subs.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:12 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:10 pm
Jugs wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:04 pm
Not sure I agree with that. Le Fondre knew where the net was
He's not going to find it from the bench and if Parky gets his next target man in Le Fondre would be heading them in from the stands.
That's what's so maddening about it all - Parky never liked him, despite his goals.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:14 pm

Jugs wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:11 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

We are playing 4231. Plan was clearly to have ALF on the bench if we are chasing a goal. But he wasn’t starting in our system. And clearly he fancies Australia and playing regularly.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:15 pm

Jugs wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:12 pm
That's what's so maddening about it all - Parky never liked him, despite his goals.
Everyone likes Alf, but Parky was never comfortable with him in the side because he had to make sacrifices elsewhere to make it work.

Ultimately players who don't fit the system, even goal scorers, move on. Has happened to better strikes than Alf.

Also, Alf was on good money given the current wage structure and he's probably worth a couple of new players who do fit.
Last edited by GhostoftheBok on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:14 pm
Jugs wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:11 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

We are playing 4231. Plan was clearly to have ALF on the bench if we are chasing a goal. But he wasn’t starting in our system. And clearly he fancies Australia and playing regularly.
Nah, Parky just never liked him - couldn't wait to get rid.