Safe Standing debate....

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Safe Standing debate....

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 13, 2018 6:09 pm

See this has reared up again according to B.N. My match days are almost gone, but I always loved the seating, views and atmosphere as it is. Just my view but it seems a lot are in favour. Bolton reckon quite substantial cost would be involved should it happen. Views?

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16 ... for_Bolton_/
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Safe Standing debate....

Post by boltonboris » Mon May 14, 2018 12:18 pm

I'm all for having a safe standing section in the ground. Absolutely. I don;t think attendances would improve, but atmosphere certainly would
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon May 14, 2018 6:26 pm

I'm not against. I'm not particularly for it either. I'm quite comfortable sitting down, but realise others want to stand. It may or may not increase the atmosphere, the jury's out on that one.
All I'd ask is that if standing areas were introduced (reintroduced actually), that they be at the back, above those who want to sit...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon May 14, 2018 9:02 pm

I think it'd be a backward step now tbh. The rail type thing that's proposed seems no different to standing in seated areas really. If lack of atmosphere is a concern then what about unreserved seating in crazy corner?

Just seems more expense for no real benefit to me.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:04 am

Pointless. I see no benefit whatsoever.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 15, 2018 8:39 am

For the club it is an expense which we probably can't afford. But generally I think its a good move. Make the ESL safe standing. It would improve the atmosphere IMO and potentially attract people back to football in general.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 17, 2018 12:01 pm

I don't mind people standing up at the match, just as long as they're as far away from me as it's possible for them to be.

I tend to find that standing at a game appeals in the main to a certain type. The sort you find positioned towards the scoreboard at home games.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu May 17, 2018 12:27 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:01 pm
I don't mind people standing up at the match, just as long as they're as far away from me as it's possible for them to be.

I tend to find that standing at a game appeals in the main to a certain type. The sort you find positioned towards the scoreboard at home games.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Not like you to fail to say what you mean man, get a grip! Standing largely appeals to the uneducated half wits, chavs, scrotes and bell ends that occupy EL8 and surrounding areas. The same numpties who sing anti IRA songs at away games or "2 world wars and one world cup" when travelling abroad. Sadly, quite a few of those are in their 40's and 50's.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 17, 2018 12:31 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:27 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Not like you to fail to say what you mean man, get a grip! Standing largely appeals to the uneducated half wits, chavs, scrotes and bell ends that occupy EL8 and surrounding areas. The same numpties who sing anti IRA songs at away games or "2 world wars and one world cup" when travelling abroad. Sadly, quite a few of those are in their 40's and 50's.
I'm more polite than you :)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 17, 2018 12:33 pm

I quite like standing.

But it will/would be very different to what some anachronists might be expecting.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:53 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I've sat all over the stadium for years and years and the ESL is the best by a long way. Those people are responsible for the vast majority of the atmosphere, singing and away fan banter and without them you might as well watch it on telly. Everywhere else and I mean everywhere it's boring old bastards either grumbling or clapping and kids running up and down shouting "come on whites". The ESL (at a big match) is the place to be.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat May 19, 2018 9:19 pm

Spartan2 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:53 pm
Bijou Bob wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I've sat all over the stadium for years and years and the ESL is the best by a long way. Those people are responsible for the vast majority of the atmosphere, singing and away fan banter and without them you might as well watch it on telly. Everywhere else and I mean everywhere it's boring old bastards either grumbling or clapping and kids running up and down shouting "come on whites". The ESL (at a big match) is the place to be.
Or those also watching the match in a manner of their choosing?