Carabao Yorks Nightmare. Leeds (A) 14/08/18

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Carabao Yorks Nightmare. Leeds (A) 14/08/18

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:43 pm

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:40 pm
Did we get cash for Alf? Weirdly gutted he's gone tbh, it's a shit/cruel game innit.

Bit harsh on Hall IMO, none of 'em look up to much. Hope he leaves him on, we're getting tanked anyhow
Compare him to Magennis. A lad signed for £200K. Hall is absolutely miles off. Another fanciful fans notion that is total and utter bollocks. This lad might score goals but he’s not leading a championship attack anytime soon.

Tails07
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Tails07 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:44 pm

Donaldson seems to be playing on the right side of the half way line, could do with him up top more, seems to be a massive gulf between the rest of the team and Hall.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:44 pm

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:44 pm

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:40 pm
Did we get cash for Alf? Weirdly gutted he's gone tbh, it's a shit/cruel game innit.

Bit harsh on Hall IMO, none of 'em look up to much. Hope he leaves him on, we're getting tanked anyhow
"Taking all factors into consideration, Bolton Wanderers Football Club has reluctantly agreed to allow the player to leave the club with immediate effect to pursue his ambitions. "

Pick the bones out of that. Reads like they've released him from his contract.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:52 pm

Cheers Blu - does indeed sound like he's gone for nowt - in the immortal words of Ian Dury, "what a waste".

You may well be right Insano, scratches an itch tho'

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:56 pm

Yay

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:58 pm

I long suspected ALF was signed to pacify supporters whilst parky was not kean.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:03 pm

True. There's a decent argument that he played a very significant part in keeping us up. Anyhow, done now & wish him well

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:10 pm

ouch, should have just equalised

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Very good performance in the 2nd half. We looked a good Championship team.

Wilson should start. Grounds is better than Taylor. Oztumer played well. Very impressed with O'Neil. Would play him in front of Murphy.
Hall is nowhere near good enough for this level..

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:48 pm

Glad that Ozzy scored. Whether or not he starts at Reading he'll be keen to prove a point, and they're no great shakes; perhaps coming off the bench he can ask different questions of their tiring defence.

Hall needs to grow via a loan or two. His performance coinciding with Alf's exit - announced with stunning spin-doctor slyness - shows why Parky has targeted another striker. I just wonder whether we need another battering ram or more of a pace-provider.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:49 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Wilson should start. Grounds is better than Taylor. Oztumer played well. Very impressed with O'Neil. Would play him in front of Murphy.
Agreed with this. Entirely. Should have scored - Grounds. And a draw wouldn’t have flattered us.

Wilson was the pick for me. Looks class. Vela did well deeper too.

Plenty to work with here. Yanic a threat once he gets going. Still rusty but signs are he’s getting there. His pace a real handful.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:49 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Agreed with this. Entirely. Should have scored - Grounds. And a draw wouldn’t have flattered us.

Wilson was the pick for me. Looks class. Vela did well deeper too.

Plenty to work with here. Yanic a threat once he gets going. Still rusty but signs are he’s getting there. His pace a real handful.
Yes i was very surprised by Wilson. Looked a level above. Had that extra bit of time that is the sign of a quality player. Able to spray it around with either foot. Miles ahead of Beevers in terms of ability, it isn't even close.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:59 pm

To re-post a comment that seems to have got lost: too slow, too unfit (Willschutt blowing like Steptoe's Hercules after a ten yard spurt and Leeds left winger made his supposed electric sprint looked like the meter needed funds) ) not half the comm itement of the home side who obviously went out to win, and we turned in a Wallop Wanderers display with our strikers looking lonelier than Robinson Crusoe. That said, at the risk of repeating old sermons, the refs rulebooks need tearing up and re-writing. Do thay actually know what they're doing, or are the rules a "make it up as you go" manual? . That lumberjack of a central defender (Janson) had but one idea in mind...chop-chop. I still don 't understand why Parky relies on cutting out the midfield and hoofing the ball into no-man's land. How many shots did we actually have that were worth the name? Unless we get a grip pretty soon w're going to be in trouble. On top of that, for whatever reason (I'm suspecting rows over selection?) Alf, a player who seemed to care about Bolton is on a goodbye bus without anyone knowing why. Not a good night at all. :(
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:03 pm

Not sure Tango. I saw a lot to be positive about in that performance. I think we have a good Championship squad now, with good amounts of quality. We are miles ahead of last season, obviously that was a necessity. I think we will be fine.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:03 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:59 pm
To re-post a comment that seems to have got lost: too slow, too unfit (Willschutt blowing like Steptoe's Hercules after a ten yard spurt and Leeds left winger made his supposed electric sprint looked like the meter needed funds) ) not half the comm itement of the home side who obviously went out to win, and we turned in a Wallop Wanderers display with our strikers looking lonelier than Robinson Crusoe. That said, at the risk of repeating old sermons, the refs rulebooks need tearing up and re-writing. Do thay actually know what they're doing, or are the rules a "make it up as you go" manual? . That lumberjack of a central defender (Janson) had but one idea in mind...chop-chop. I still don 't understand why Parky relies on cutting out the midfield and hoofing the ball into no-man's land. How many shots did we actually have that were worth the name? Unless we get a grip pretty soon w're going to be in trouble. On top of that, for whatever reason (I'm suspecting rows over selection?) Alf, a player who seemed to care about Bolton is on a goodbye bus without anyone knowing why. Not a good night at all. :(

We went to a very strong Leeds side and played well. Not sure what you were watching. A ‘second string’ Bolton side nearly drawing with a less second string Leeds side is creditable in the circumstances.

Given a number of notably good performances it’s encouraging.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:15 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

Only kidding Tango.
Last edited by Spartan2 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:03 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:

We went to a very strong Leeds side and played well. Not sure what you were watching. A ‘second string’ Bolton side nearly drawing with a less second string Leeds side is creditable in the circumstances.
Given a number of notably good performances it’s encouraging.
I was watching us lose and never look like doing aught else. That "second string" could well be mainly our first XI, although "second-best" is a better description) especially with Alf gone I was watching our attacks go backward to wallop land and us give two very unspecial goals away. I was watching an attack with less teeth than I have and if we're not going to try winning, why not save the coach fare. What were you watching ? My rose-tinters seemed a bit steamed up tonight. I haven't even bothered looking at the possession figures. I don't mind losing when we give our all. Do you really b elieve we did that tonight?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:21 pm

"I still don 't understand why Parky relies on cutting out the midfield and hoofing the ball into no-man's land"

TD when I come out with similar you have a dig - but your basically saying the same as I do....about Parkinson's style of football.

BTW I'm not being critical I didn't go or watch a stream, but it sounds like we played decent 2nd half

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:35 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:21 pm
"I still don 't understand why Parky relies on cutting out the midfield and hoofing the ball into no-man's land"

TD when I come out with similar you have a dig - but your basically saying the same as I do....about Parkinson's style of football.BTW I'm not being critical I didn't go or watch a stream, but it sounds like we played decent 2nd half
Not true at all. I went on for many mooons about K.D having no support up front, and I never argue about games I only hear on the radio, how can I do that? Tonight I saw the whole game just like Mr Expert Insane, and passed my opinion. I stand by it.