Blunting the Blades and walking on the Wilder side? BWFC v Sheffield Utd 25/8/18

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Blunting the Blades and walking on the Wilder side? BWFC v Sheffield Utd 25/8/18

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:22 am

We will win. That's it! ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Blunting the Blades and walking on the Wilder side? BWFC v Sheffield Utd 25/8/18

Post by mullayo » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:13 pm

Bolton Wanderers win at 4.50
Bolton Wanderers vs Sheffield United draw odds: 3.50
Sheffield United win odds: 1.90

Hmm, you'd better get a bet on Tango!
What could've happened; did.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:40 pm

Good luck getting anywhere near those odds

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:02 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:40 pm
... Can't find anything remotely similar to those numbers ont tinternet.

In other 'news' elsewhere: Blades are always pushing for promotion and tend to be a side that show early season promise before tailing off later on, before another big push (that ultimately fails) late on. As we are definitely in the early season period, I think they might spank our arses.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:10 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:02 pm
jmjhb wrote:

In other 'news' elsewhere: Blades are always pushing for promotion and tend to be a side that show early season promise before tailing off later on, before another big push (that ultimately fails) late on. As we are definitely in the early season period, I think they might spank our arses.
Dead cert 0-0 then :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:22 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
jmjhb wrote:

Are we not confusing the old style (last season) Macron SuperWhites with the now look University of Bolton le Moors Stadium graduates? We might just give Sheffield a shock to some degree....oh, er... :oops:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:43 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:10 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
jmjhb wrote:

I hope those two pints 🍻 I 'bought' you didn't go to your head. Double or quits, then?

(PS I thought it was at Bramall Lane today, I'd set out just an hour ago to go buy a ticket on the door, and then discovered a ghost stadium.)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:18 pm

Team today: Alnwick, Olkowski, Beevers, Wheater, Grounds, Lowe, Ameobi, Vela, Buckley, Murphy, Magennis.

Hmmm !!
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:18 pm

Subs are Matthews, Taylor, Oztumer, Donaldson, Wilson, Williams, Wildschut
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:30 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:18 pm
Team today: Alnwick, Olkowski, Beevers, Wheater, Grounds, Lowe, Ameobi, Vela, Buckley, Murphy, Magennis.

Hmmm !!
Hmmm? Donchaya mean Hmmmph?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:43 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
jmjhb wrote:

I hope those two pints 🍻 I 'bought' you didn't go to your head. Double or quits, then?

(PS I thought it was at Bramall Lane today, I'd set out just an hour ago to go buy a ticket on the door, and then discovered a ghost stadium.)
Not gambling on this today. After the start against Brum this could be anything today.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:36 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:33 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:43 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
jmjhb wrote:

Not gambling on this today. After the start against Brum this could be anything today.
Fairy Nuff.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:43 pm

No O'Neil in there?It's actually a powerful looking squad we have now. I'm even more confident. Don't sit back and invite them in, get in there and show em who's boss.. COME ON YOU WHITES... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:04 pm

Well, time for class to begin. Monitor has clanged the hand-bell and the Whites have stripped off their caps and gowns. We're playing from left to right, although I'm not sure which side of the radio that is. Andrew Maddely is today's ref and...we go. Sammi is in defence at the onset and a throw sees a blade unmarked in our knife box. Shot blocked and now they have a corner...and...a resulting shot hits our bar...hmmmm.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:06 pm

Bright start for the visitors....Vela and O set us off. Sammia and....and....Vela, Sammi and....he wins a corner. Get in there Sammi. And.....Vela and.....a poor one and they clear. They sally at us. Ding dong stuff...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:07 pm

Duffy causing a bit of bother and our marking coming in for some words from micman......and sure enough..1-0 them...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:09 pm

Piss poor defending.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:12 pm

Pretty poor show so far and what's going on with marking? Buckley can't get himself set up and they get a goal kick. Uphill start then for us and....they have another corner. Mic man gives scores and......Egan is unmarked and almost gets a shot away. O sets off but they have a throw. Could be 3-0 down already. (apparently) Another throw and they have a bit of posing that Wheats breaks up. We go again and....Sammi goes forth and wins a free kick. And...mic man gives scores, then O and Sammi go on attack but they clear for a throw us....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:18 pm

Grounds makes a poor cross but the visitors can't take advantage. Vela....Mac, robed and they sally. Possesion by them and mic man reckons they look in control....Clark and Stevens sally, we clear, Grounds finds Sammi and..Murphy, O, Murphy again....Lowe...Grounds....and...Beavers launches....Murphy, Mac and....Duffy clears well. Fleck comes forth and they do a bit of showboating then....Wheats, Beevers, Grounds.....Vela, O.....Murphy, Sammi.....and....etc, etc, Vela.....and....Mac can't get a shot away and...Buckley goes down in the box....to no avail...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:18 pm

Gonna be a cricket score if we defend like this all game.