What gives? The Invincibles (old) v The Invincibles (away). Preston (a) 1/9/18 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: What gives? The Invincibles (old) v The Invincibles (away). Preston (a) 1/9/18 3pm

Post by Jugs » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:36 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:26 pm
Aye and Ameobi was good from day one. That some of our more hard of understanding fans took their time to spot it is neither here nor there.

Still far too early to be writing Wildschut off mind, and he does seem to have something no-one else has. That pass on Saturday was criminal though.
Well yeah, he has bagged us 4 points already ...

Moreover, Wildschut was good on day one lol.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What gives? The Invincibles (old) v The Invincibles (away). Preston (a) 1/9/18 3pm

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:26 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:23 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:36 pm
Inept.
Boring.
Tedious.
No plan B.
Parkinson.
Amateur.
Tiresome.
Predictable.
Unconvincing.
This goes to show what an absolute know nowt moron you really are. In black and white.

We dominated that first half and when you posted this were 2-0 down thanks to a shocking mistake from Wildschut and an absolute wonder strike. But even at 2-0 down we were the better side on that pitch.

It’s embarrassing that you haven’t got a clue yet continue to post such vitriolic rubbish.

Today was the best we’ve played this season. The sweeping passing move and superb finish for our second goal belittling all the nonsense about only playing one way.

Our midfield was outstanding today, O Neill and Lowe were brilliant but Williams added another dimension.

Olkowski looks an absolute worldie right now. A superb result and a game that on balance we should have won.
*Snort*
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:33 pm

So with Ameobi's goal, I think we can all agree it was to some degree a keeper error, and possibly that was 100% responsible for the goal. How much do we think the power of the shot was responsible for the goal? From being there and re-watching since, the ball seemed to absolutely fly of his boot. When he strikes them well he must have one of the hardest shots in the game? Certainly in the Championship? Thoughts?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:47 pm

Okay, so having watched the game now I'm very pleased with that. The performance was good and it's easily the best football we've played in some time. For all the stick Wildschut has been getting he offers an option regularly and he works hard to recover the ball when players fail to find him. That give away for the goal was criminal and he didn't have a good game, but much like Vela he gets through the graft even when he doesn't play well and I thus find it hard to be too harsh with him. If he doesn't improve over time then he'll be a liability, but at the moment he's about where I expected him to be given what went on at Norwich. Siga, siga.

Joe Williams is a player. He and Lowe dominated the midfield and if not for Ben Pearson's excellent timing in the tackle we'd have carved them open a few times. Gary O'Neil is never 35...I want him carbon dated. He's clearly 24.

We are a couple of players away from having a very good side at this level and we're making a good fist of it even with the weaknesses we have. Anyone slating anything after that performance wants to have a word with themselves.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:12 am

Interesting to see Marc Iles player assesments had Wildschut with a 5 out of ten, most of the rest 7/7.5 and only Olkowsky over an 8 (8.5). Considering we had to haul ourselvs back from being 2 down after 20 mins to a very creditable away draw(neither really from purely bad defending), I would have thought the marks might be rated a bit higher. Looks like we'll have to beat the league leaders 7-0 before anybody gets a 9 on the Ilesometer.... Was he right or wrong?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:45 am

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:41 am
but so have I, and I don't sound like that!
True. I'd say you're more, Hilda Ogden.

:drink:

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:48 pm

There is a story going about that Joe Williams bit Ben Pearsons eyebrow on Saturday after the final whistle. Presumably the ref gave Joe a yellow card for his part of the fracas but could he get retrospective punishment?

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/soci ... n-eyebrow/
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:07 pm

Lol let's hope he didn't do that.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Looks like his tongue to me.

Hope he did it but gets away with it.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:47 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:41 pm
Looks like his tongue to me.

Hope he did it but gets away with it.
Don't want a Suarez, thanks

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:50 pm

Looks like we have replaced the Karl Henry nutter aspect of the squad. We are good to go!