Heading to the Riverside for Pulisball. Middlesbrough (a) 19/9/18 745pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Heading to the Riverside for Pulisball. Middlesbrough (a) 19/9/18 745pm

Post by jmjhb » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:39 am

Enoch wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:18 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:37 pm
Most of our fans are as thick as pig shit.

:shock:
Accurate to be fair. Have a look on Twitter!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:18 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:39 am
Enoch wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:18 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:37 pm
Most of our fans are as thick as pig shit.

Accurate to be fair. Have a look on Twitter!

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:41 pm

Football is about opinions though, innit. In my opinion, we need to attack on the front foot at home. As Stevie G said about Rangers last night, Rangers are better when they attack. We're better when we attack at home, too.

And, let's face it, our home performances have been dire so far with these defensive tactics, while the fans are bored out of their thick as pig shit minds.

Should have lost to Bristol C, too.

Not good so far at home. Not good.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:39 pm

To be fair Coyle wasn't in any way a "thick as pigshit" choice when we got him, and indeed for the first year he was here.

Some of our best performances ever came under Coyle. That 4-2 win over Tottenham is still vivid in my mind. Burnley fans were apoplectic when he left. It was only when it became clear he relied on table tennis as a fitness regime, and patting on the back as tactical planning that it looked a terrible appointment. Hindsight is 20/20.

Sometimes when I mistakenly click on the BEN comments button I end up feeling I have incurred a brain injury, but I am sure every team has their share of fans with erm strange views.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:47 pm

True, Coyle also pleased even the non-thick-as-pig-shit fans for the first year. That 5-1 win over the Toon :pissed:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:21 pm

Football fans of every denomination are without a doubt chameleons in their moods and views to some degree, but that's just life (have a look along your own street, even amongst your own families . I have sad plastic Manc and City supporters amongst my own kith and kin, and live next door to a Scouse fanatic). If the Whites went on a run of half-a-dozen wins, first game we lost would have some drop in the ocean rattling a pitchfork and painting a bed-sheet. If our fans are so thick, then are the polls and stats that some defectors post as evidence just so much dung? They seem happy to make sweeping statements and quote support, yet call the folk who make it thick as pig-shit? Just wondering like.. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:39 pm

That's you and me he's talking about, TANGO!

:grin:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:54 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:39 pm
That's you and me he's talking about, TANGO!

:lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:41 pm

Enoch wrote:
That's you and me I he's talking about, TANGO!

Thicko :wink:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:15 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:41 pm
Enoch wrote:

Right the first time!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:25 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:15 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:41 pm
Enoch wrote:

Right the first time!
Oink!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:26 pm

My English teacher must be a thicko too :oops:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:58 pm

Jugs wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:41 pm
Football is about opinions though, innit. In my opinion, we need to attack on the front foot at home. As Stevie G said about Rangers last night, Rangers are better when they attack. We're better when we attack at home, too.

And, let's face it, our home performances have been dire so far with these defensive tactics, while the fans are bored out of their thick as pig shit minds.

Do you think he says, he lads let’s sit back here and soak it up? Of course not. But being on the front foot is about more than a manager’s intentions. It’s about what you’ve got in the side and what you are able to do. Primarily our issues at home stem from a back line, Wheater in particular who drags the midfield deeper. The midfield either leave Wheats and co exposed or sit deeper and leave the forward isolated. You see Parky desperately trying to get the team up but it doesn’t always mean it’s easy. Drop Wheater who is probably our best CB to give us extra pace at home (note that happened a number of times last season) maybe. But then you concede a silly goal and the game is changed again anyway.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:58 pm
Jugs wrote:

Do you think he says, he lads let’s sit back here and soak it up? Of course not. But being on the front foot is about more than a manager’s intentions. It’s about what you’ve got in the side and what you are able to do. Primarily our issues at home stem from a back line, Wheater in particular who drags the midfield deeper. The midfield either leave Wheats and co exposed or sit deeper and leave the forward isolated. You see Parky desperately trying to get the team up but it doesn’t always mean it’s easy. Drop Wheater who is probably our best CB to give us extra pace at home (note that happened a number of times last season) maybe. But then you concede a silly goal and the game is changed again anyway.

Exactly this. For the first twenty minutes last Saturday we had the best of it; we didn't create much in the way of chances, but most of the play was in their half. Though we might have been more productive had Oztumer been picked, we certainly weren't under instructions to let them onto us.

Also, Olkowski urged Wheater to push up more than once in the second half, and he very anxiously took a few steps forward whilst looking over his shoulder at (I think) Nahki Wells before then instinctively rushing back towards him. It's just the sort of thing centre-backs do when they're worried about ending up in a foot race with someone quicker than them.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jugs wrote:

Well then he should have addressed it in the summer.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:33 pm

Jugs wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:22 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jugs wrote:

To be fair, I expect he tried to.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:41 pm

Jugs wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:22 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jugs wrote:

He addressed an awful lot in the summer on limited funds again. We are better than last season. Not really sure what the massive issue is? We know he was linked with other centre halves so you know perhaps he tried and those deals didn’t happen.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:52 pm

The 'massive' issue is simple - we've been shite to watch at home so far, and there's a feeling that it stems from a super cautious approach - or, according to some, a lack of belief - that has us on the back foot until a lightbulb moment causes us to have a go.

It's easy to say we're better than last season - and, by and large, we are - but we didn't look it when we were being clobbered 3-0 by the Blades or picked apart by QPR. We've looked better away but out of sorts at home.

Key takeaway is simple: We need to improve at home and show belief and positivity. Without either, we look massively vulnerable.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:07 pm

Jugs wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:52 pm
The 'massive' issue is simple - we've been shite to watch at home so far, and there's a feeling that it stems from a super cautious approach - or, according to some, a lack of belief - that has us on the back foot until a lightbulb moment causes us to have a go.

It's easy to say we're better than last season - and, by and large, we are - but we didn't look it when we were being clobbered 3-0 by the Blades or picked apart by QPR. We've looked better away but out of sorts at home.

Key takeaway is simple: We need to improve at home and show belief and positivity. Without either, we look massively vulnerable.
We haven’t found the right balance at home that is for sure. But we have better options by a mile than last season. And everyone in their right mind would take 12 from 9, irrespective of where and how they come.

We only need look at Ipswich and see the peril of sacking a really good manager and chasing ‘better football’. We’ve made a good start and have to hope we slowly get things going at home. Won’t happen overnight I wouldn’t think. But we’ve got a little leeway compared to our start last season.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:13 pm

Not calling for PP to be sacked. He's always struck me as a manager who can spot failings and rectify for them. I just wish him and his staff could have a bit more confidence at home to take games to teams. Not to ALL teams, of course - I expect Derby to be rampant next week - but for me QPR should have been there to be attacked from the off.