Suffolk hating or breathing sighs of relief..Versus Ipswich away 22-9-2018.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Suffolk hating or breathing sighs of relief..Versus Ipswich away 22-9-2018.

Post by mullayo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:02 pm

0-0 okay result with 10 men. We were actually better than this team.
First time I can say that with any confidence. And confidence is the key.
We had some and they had none.
Are we saying that (in 20-20/0-0 retrospect) Wilson made the right decision?
Neither Wheevers would have been close enough to pull down the striker - they'd have been burnt toast yards before.

Also, we certainly play more football when he's on the pitch rather than Heevers.
We actually make a few passes before we pass it back to Alnick to hoof.
Last edited by mullayo on Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What could've happened; did.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:06 pm

Based on that they should go down.
Not just confidence they lack - cohesion too. They don't seem to have any drive or identity.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:11 pm

I'd have taken a point this morning and at 3.40pm would have snatched your hands off for it. Well done lads
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:12 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:35 pm
Do we have "grounds" for cxomplait?...Anyway, Graham replaces?.....and Walters replaces? Looks like they're going for the win, we get a throw....can we....might we....will we....Okowski...gets a throw. And.....Noone, poor clearance and....in and.....we get a corner. Come on......come on....
Grounds for dismissal?
He's not the player I saw on film. He makes too many errors nowadays. Five or six a game.
It's time to go big with Little!

Every time Taylor and Buckley combine I just want to give generously and donate all over the place,
Those poor hapless kids, born with no talent whatsover, wallowing in ignorance, struggling on...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:25 pm

It’s a good result considering.

An important one given we’ve hit a bit of a slump.

I note the Parky bashing example A Millwall from last season, currently sit in the bottom 3 with half the number of points we have. It’s fine margins this league.

We are 4 points off the play offs and 6 points off the bottom 3 after 9 games. I am happy with that.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:39 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:15 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:15 am
Peter Thompson wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:37 pm
Ipswich haven't won a game yet this season....so we all know what happens in situations like this

3-1 Ipswich....
Well, if Parky wasn't prepared to at least attempt to take the game to QPR at home then I don't see a single indicator as to why he might at Portman Rd either.

We might get the draw that Parky's hoping for. Might. 1-1.
Parkinson doesn't know how to take the game to anyone....or start games on the front foot - we will sit back invite them on & give Ipswich their 1st win
:oyea:

I take it as that was an attacking line up we took the game to them and only due to the fact a player was sent off had to take off Otzumer coupled with not losing you are going to find another reason to detest PP today?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:45 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:39 pm

I take it as that was an attacking line up we took the game to them and only due to the fact a player was sent off had to take off Otzumer coupled with not losing you are going to find another reason to slag of PP today?
Very good unexpected point, a much more attacking line up so perhaps he's listening - however not a single shot on target again in the whole game (Yes I know we went down to 10 men in the 1st half)

By the way, if we are not allowed a different opinion on this forum I may as well stop posting.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:52 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:45 pm
DJBlu wrote:

I take it as that was an attacking line up we took the game to them and only due to the fact a player was sent off had to take off Otzumer coupled with not losing you are going to find another reason to slag of PP today?
Very good unexpected point, a much more attacking line up so perhaps he's listening - however not a single shot on target again in the whole game (Yes I know we went down to 10 men in the 1st half)

By the way, if we are not allowed a different opinion on this forum I may as well stop posting.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. When was the last Bolton manager you didn’t call for the head of though? Certainly hasn’t been one since the inception of this forum.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:07 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
DJBlu wrote:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion Peter I'm just yanking your chain.

The shots were blocked, went over and wide hence 0 on target.
We still managed 7 chances with 10 men.

If Noone and Buckley knew how to hit the target we'd have scored at least 2.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... 0-0-bolton

Take a look at the chances we had when down to 10 men.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:10 pm

Decent point.

Need to replace Buckley in Jan if poss.

Shame Otz had to go off.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:41 pm

I've just watched the highlights. What a coincidence it is that Kayden Jackson finds himself unable to stay upright the exact moment he thinks he's set foot inside our penalty area.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:11 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:41 pm
I've just watched the highlights. What a coincidence it is that Kayden Jackson finds himself unable to stay upright the exact moment he thinks he's set foot inside our penalty area.
From highlights only looks like nothing, 50/50 challenge and he's gone down.

What infuriates me even more is the number of times Magennis gets wrestled to the ground, jumped all over and pushed and incredibly the decision goes the other way, it's a complete disgrace. If it were Harry Kane we would be averaging at least a pen a game plus another 10 freekicks. It's like the ref looks who it is and applies different rules.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:17 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
DJBlu wrote:

Don't know where you got that from P.T. Both the match commentary and the highlights tell a different tale. To play so long with ten men away and still come away with a point is a pretty good result in my eyes.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:27 pm

Spartan2 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:11 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
From highlights only looks like nothing, 50/50 challenge and he's gone down.

What infuriates me even more is the number of times Magennis gets wrestled to the ground, jumped all over and pushed and incredibly the decision goes the other way, it's a complete disgrace. If it were Harry Kane we would be averaging at least a pen a game plus another 10 freekicks. It's like the ref looks who it is and applies different rules.
It's rubbish reffing to 'reputation'. SKD had it worse. That's my main worry for Joe Williams too - that his talent will be buried by refs because he is a bit lippy and has the gall to actually tackle.
To be fair this ref was the best I've seen all season - the linesmen however...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:50 am

One thing of note was the amount of times Megennis was caught offside. Don't think the linesmen were at fault for that.
I think it was 4 within 15 mins.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:58 am

Just read the "Comments" section of the Bolton News and, laughing apart at the moronic aspects, just what exactly do some fans? expect of Bolton? Knowing all our current story, financial woes, club takeover, injuries and Parky's struggles just to put out a decent side capable of playing in the Championship and competing against the better talent that only money (which we have none of) can buy, I repeat, what do they expect, miracles? Where does reality figure in it all?

Reality? ....the reality is we are only six points from top of this league. Six points, two wins, that's the reality.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:07 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Aye, and that calling the physio on as if he'd broken a leg was disgraceful. For those who may not have seen them (or those who claim we had no chances)..:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:37 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:07 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Aye, and that calling the physio on as if he'd broken a leg was disgraceful. For those who may not have seen them (or those who claim we had no chances)..:

We had chances. Few, far between and slim.
I remember more of the five hour journey home. I had to drop Dizzy Danni off in Norfolk, and her interesting 'shortcut' intercepted a two car head on in Rendlesham. Apart from that, both the journey home and the game itself were long, flat, and uncomfortably devoid of any tedium shattering tendencies.
I want better than pure boredom in exchange for my dollars.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:30 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Our lad shoud've punched him in the head on his way down, then booted him in the ribs whilst he was on the deck, for no other reason than him being called 'Kayden'. What sort of a 4ucking dog end name is that? I bet he eats chips and cheese. :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:49 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:30 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Our lad shoud've punched him in the head on his way down, then booted him in the ribs whilst he was on the deck, for no other reason than him being called 'Kayden'. What sort of a 4ucking dog end name is that? I bet he eats chips and cheese. :roll:
I reckon his parents should be heavily fined and made to apologise and change his name by deed poll. He surely never chose that handle himself. Not that any of that forgives him for that cheating dive and play acting that would have got him boo-ed off Blue Peter....Pillock.