Sizzle or fizzle in the drizzle in Brizzle? - 12/1/2019 - 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Sizzle or fizzle in the drizzle in Brizzle? - 12/1/2019 - 3pm

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:39 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:21 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:09 pm
Alnwick, Olkowski, Wheater, Beevers, Grounds, Lowe, Murphy, Noone, Buckley, Ameobi, Magennis.

So, either a 4-2-3-1 with Ameobi behind Magennis or a 4-4-2 with Ameobi partnering Magennis.
Which would mean half our central midfield is Murphy.

Not that I’m arguing with your prediction. And in truth with Sammy (rather than say Vela) at 10 there’s marginal difference between the two set-ups anyway.

Oh well. We can only go with what we have left and I dare say it won’t be the worst XI we end up fielding this season.

COYWM.
Single celled Ameobi and Magennis the Menace. Sounds like a deadly combination to me.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:01 pm

Well, Grounds in instead of Wilson, but the rest petty much as expected. Dyer's on the bench with Donaldson. As ever, we start with a rousing COME ON YOU WHITES.......Away we go.. :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:04 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:39 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Alnwick, Olkowski, Wheater, Beevers, Grounds, Lowe, Murphy, Noone, Buckley, Ameobi, Magennis.

So, either a 4-2-3-1 with Ameobi behind Magennis or a 4-4-2 with Ameobi partnering Magennis.

Not that I’m arguing with your prediction. And in truth with Sammy (rather than say Vela) at 10 there’s marginal difference between the two set-ups anyway.

Oh well. We can only go with what we have left and I dare say it won’t be the worst XI we end up fielding this season.

COYWM.
Single celled Ameobi and Magennis the Menace. Sounds like a deadly combination to me.
Ameobi is out on the left. Megennis is up top on his own.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:04 pm

nicholaldo wrote:

COYWM.

I'd certainly prefer it to be the 4-2-3-1, and in all honesty I'd be very surprised if it isn't. I was just musing on what it could be. And I'd also prefer it was the "standard" 4-2-3-1 with Vela in behind, no matter how might poor he have been recently, but there we are.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:07 pm

About 300 faithful estimated by mic man, as the expected this and that to start with. We try a sally but they reply with the same. Ends with a goal kick to us. Dare I feel optimistic today....?...yep, I think so. Box chat as the homers have a short passing bee then a spate of useless results, Arsenal etc, then Ben gets a wallop going. Mac flicked it on but they try a bit of back and forth then move forward. We get a free kick. Buckley on halfway. And.....Mac gets in there, Noone crosses, they clear cutting out Mac.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:11 pm

A quietish start (we haven't scored yet) and chat time in the box, they come forth and try a Wiganer that Ben watches drone skywards. Goal kick, wallop, to Sammi...we move and then they sally and get a cross in that Wheats clears. They defend well and come back again. A handball shout gets no cigar, Lowe wins the ball ( says mic man) and the ref, unremarkably, penalises him. Free kick them then....and...The wall clear and it ends back with their keeper. (Bury go 1 down)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:16 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:04 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:39 pm
nicholaldo wrote:

COYWM.
Ameobi is out on the left. Megennis is up top on his own.
Fxckity fxck. :?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:18 pm

They win a corner and....it's big but they manage a sally at us. We clear, Sammi, Lowe ...and Grounds loses it but we retain possession. Now they clear from halfway...we get some scores ...and a free kick....as mic man chats about cabbages and kings. Throw us now and...and...launched by Grounds and...they defend it. Okolwski sends it back...ref ignores Buckley being decked then give a free kick to them, and....Brownhill hits the wall and we clear to halfway. Bit of Bristol, Sammi clears big and then some to and fro.

They sally forth and.....Okolwski gives away a corner (how many is that already?) Oohh a drive from Simon.....goes just wide. Ben wallops and we go again...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:18 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:07 pm
Dare I feel optimistic today....?...yep, I think so.
When have you been ever than less than?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:23 pm

They almost gewt a break, but Ben has another wallop. Kelly for them and...Webster and they advance via Simon......liner nails Sammi for a free kick to them (to mic man's disgust)...Biased officials?....some head tennis and....Ben has to save a good shot in . Throw us now and...Lowe...and we have another throw. Normally, not our best options, throw ins. Back to Ben, Buckley sends Okowski forth and....a header (part chance) goes into space. Sammi , Mac, he crosses and it's deflected to the keeper.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:25 pm

Poor game from both teams.

Referee giving everything to Bristol.

The commentator is pissed. He's had Lloyd Dyer and Vela on the pitch in the past 5 mins.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:30 pm

Kelly, Pass,......we get it back, Sammi dashes forth and tries a 30 yarder that the keeper gets low down. Scores...Reading in front at Forest (bad) Now they have a corner. Mic man reels off scores and then....Pass almost gets on it. Wallop kick from Ben. Vela tries to his Sammi, but Pass reels it in well. Throw us now and....mic man chatsd media.....Okowski clear , they come back and .....Sammi goes fo Mac and....the ref gives them a free kick. Now we get one back for a Ben wallop. And.....Brownhill, O'Dowd? and they try a bit of Italia....mic man rambles merrily on and...the homers hit our bar then Wheats has to give away a corner. Olkowski clears (it was his deflection onto the bar)...a let off..

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:35 pm

Buckley almost gets a flick through to Noone, almost. More scores....Kelly sallies, they have a bit of possesion then Buckley gives away a throw. Too much and many Bristol names so far as we pass the half hour mark. A goal for us would be very nice about now. Noone, Lowe, Wheats....we get a throw....(Rotherham one down to Ipswich)....Meanwhile.....Murphy clears then we get a throw on halfway as mic man Twitters merrily on. Noone gives a free kick away.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:40 pm

Throw us, Okowski gives it away, they sally at us. Mic man not sounding too excited but we get a throw. Ref misses a foul on Mac (what a surprise)....and...back they come. We clear and we have scores.....Mic man mentions life? as they come visiting again and...the ref gets slated again by mic man. Ben wallops mightily and.....Mac flicks, they clear, Sammi wins it, they clear to Okowski...Sammi can't feed Mac and....on it goes. Throw us.....Noone gets assaulted and wins a free kick.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:47 pm

Free kick in but Beevers can't get power on it and they clear. Webster clears twice and....they wine it, lose it and all back to Ben. Noone plays badly, Beevers clears, we get scores, then Kelly clears and they break. Brownhill sallies, Kelly calmsit then Sammi
clear to Lowe. Beevers and Mac get involved, we get more scores and......lemon time looms......they break and....luckily can't make it count. Buckley now, Okowski, Murphy, Lowe....Mac brings down Pass and gets carded. (yellow. fortunately). Free kick them and...they go ......wife interupts..then......one min added, Ben wallops, Kelly clears, we lose out on a throw call and we go in at...0-0.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:52 pm

Have a word with Her, Tango!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:53 pm

Stage one complete.

Prepare for the second half assault.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:00 pm

Good news is that Tractor Boys are one up.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:01 pm

Mic man called the first half "uninspiring" (how dare he?) but its now a 45 minute contest from scratch. Sammi, Sammi, can you do it?, Sammi,Sammi, course you can! I just hope Parky doesn't decide to just leave it all and go for the point. It would be handy, better than nothing, and Bristol winning will affact naught, but getting the three, in the words of the Drifters, would be "Some kind of Wonderful!". :oyea: COME ON YOU WHITES.... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:02 pm

Mate of mine with the unfortunate name of Gregor MacGregor (and no, he isn't scottish) covers BCFC for the local paper. His halftime summation: "Are we on for another 1-0? Either way? Maenpaa is now 352 minutes unbeaten in the Championship. But the Robins need to create more and take one of those chances at the other end. Just one save from Alnwick in the first half."

Also notes someone's diligent research:
Bristol City matchday 18's combined age: 451 (average 25)
ours: 544 (average 30)
There’s almost a 100 year age difference between the two 🤯