Where Are They Now? The Class Of 2011-12

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Where Are They Now? The Class Of 2011-12

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:23 pm

Wheats is the only survivor. Interesting to see where the others who haven't retired have ended up. Safe to say, Marcos Alonso is the most successful. Who'd have thunk that at the time?

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comment ... it-android
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: Where Are They Now? The Class Of 2011-12

Post by Enoch » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:41 pm

If it didn't appear that we've lost the archive between 2006 & 2017 I'd show you just who thunked it.

popeyedoyle
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Where Are They Now? The Class Of 2011-12

Post by popeyedoyle » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:14 am

I've had contrasting experiences this week supporting Bolton Wanderers.
I rang for my free ticket for my wife to attend the game on Monday and because I don't have printing facilities at home they offered collection on the night. I live 60 miles away and can't be bothered trying to get there early so I asked could they post the ticket to me, they agreed but insisted I pay the 50p so I paid by credit card. It reinforced how skint we are.
In contrast I watched Jeff Stelling live scores program on sky one yesterday and immediately after they showed the Bolton v Middlesbrough last game of the 2003 season, the one we had to win to stay up. I had a tear in my eye watching Djorkaeff, Okocha and Campo stride around the Reebok as it was and of course BSA in the stands. I doubt those times will ever come back but I'm so glad I lived through those years.