What! Nobody getting the 4th Round in? Enoch!! (A) at Bristol City 25/Jan/19

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What! Nobody getting the 4th Round in? Enoch!! (A) at Bristol City 25/Jan/19

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:31 pm

^
Whingeing? Boredom?? Cannot be fxcking arsed???

Cations.

Whoo, look, the boy Connell did good.

Anions!

Just like Brexit, battle of the ions. All I fxcking need right now.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: What! Nobody getting the 4th Round in? Enoch!! (A) at Bristol City 25/Jan/19

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:09 pm
The_Gun wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:23 am
The boy Connell also looked extremely promising and received a lot of praise from the opposition fans post-game. I'd be extremely disappointed if he's not now at least getting on the bench for our next league games.
I wouldn't worry; if he's any good Parky won't be able to accommodate him
Fixed that for you
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:37 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:00 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:09 pm
The_Gun wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:23 am
The boy Connell also looked extremely promising and received a lot of praise from the opposition fans post-game. I'd be extremely disappointed if he's not now at least getting on the bench for our next league games.
I wouldn't worry; if he's any good Parky won't be able to accommodate him
Fixed that for you
:lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Winter Hill White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Winter Hill White » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:01 am

In no particular order:-
- Thought Josh Magennis looked more on his game than he has done for a while.
- As has been said elsewhere, there were some classy touches from Luca Connell.
- I love him and I know he can be brilliant and I know he only had 25 minutes or so, but I'm struggling to see what Sameobi is bringing to the team at the moment. Having said that, it would be a brave man to drop him from the league starting line up. Hope he proves me wrong and scores the winner with a screamer tonight.
- Quite a civilised experience watching the match at Ashton Gate. Bit of live music outside pre-match, liked that you could go to the bar outside for half-time ale. Aimed at the rugby crowd, I think. Nice to be treated like a grown-up at an away match.
- I think you'd probably say that Bolton played with a touch more attacking intent than in other recent games. But the result was still the same - we lost. And, if I'm honest, we never looked like doing anything else other than losing. That says to me that - yes, there is a debate to be had about what style or formation we play - but by far the most important thing is who we have as the practitioners of whatever style you plump for. If you've got De Bruyne and Aguero in your team, you're going to score goals whether you play them in a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-2. IMHO, we're getting relegated/going out of the cup because our players aren't good enough - simple as that.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:20 am

Winter Hill White wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:01 am

IMHO, we're getting relegated/going out of the cup because our players aren't good enough - simple as that.
How very dare you say that a team that is going to hammer Reading tonight hasn't good players?
ae:)

:lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?