What! Nobody getting the 4th Round in? Enoch!! (A) at Bristol City 25/Jan/19

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What! Nobody getting the 4th Round in? Enoch!! (A) at Bristol City 25/Jan/19

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:30 pm

Mark little must be shagging parkys wife to not get a game instead of olkowski

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: What! Nobody getting the 4th Round in? Enoch!! (A) at Bristol City 25/Jan/19

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:34 pm

More of that stepover stuff as back they come and Eliason fires one over the top. And....Matthews wallops. 10 to go. Can we do it, course we can.....Noone, we lose it, they come forth. Okowski sets off, Lowe, Little, O'Neill and.....Noone and......they clear and Odowda tries a fall-over and away we go. Okowski loses it and a miracle sees Odowda try a shot. Donaldson appears as our las shot at fame and O'Connell leaves the fray. Great debut for him. Fielding grabs and clears. Time ticks on....Sammi doesn't get a free kick, but Don aldson does. And......in and....Pizzano clears....Noone back, Browhill clears. Eliason tries tos set off but they get a throw instead. O'Neill, Mac loses out, they clear. Beevers send it back...Lowe to Okowski and.....it goes over heads from O'Neil. Thrre mins and added left.......and.......Mac and...Sammi and....they clear badly. Noone, O'Neil and....they clear. Little now, Donaldson and......S ammi and Odowda gets another free kick. Almost up now and the added time is?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:40 pm

Mac, A Sammi throw, Okowski loses it. Beevers bad ball, but challenges back well. Throw again and....Mac and.....a launcha and.....4 minutes added. We just can't find the net. COME ON WHITES.....Little challenges well on Odowda. All it takes is one goal and Sammi whacks it forth. Back they come....and now a Matthews wallop. Mac....Okaowski badly and...Hobbs knocks it back to Matthews.......ohhhh and Mac heads wide when Noone was in a better possition.........And....tick-tock.....a wallop and....and....Mac, Sammi and...they hack it clear. Donaldson, Sammi.....and out we go. 2-1 them and that's that.

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by jonnybwfc » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:43 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:30 pm
You reckon ?

I'd start the Olk every single week. One of the few footballers we have.

Little was responsible for their first, and but for poor finishing, would have been responsible for at least 2 more.
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:49 pm

Another loss to add to PPs CV.

Played with 6 players.

Noone, Little, Lowe, Murphy and Hobbs all shit.

Wish we could just accept relegation and not bother. It's the hope that's killing.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:52 pm

How did Pritchard do?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:59 pm

jonnybwfc wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:43 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:30 pm
You reckon ?

I'd start the Olk every single week. One of the few footballers we have.

Little was responsible for their first, and but for poor finishing, would have been responsible for at least 2 more.
Olkowski has been as poor as the rest of them since August except for the odd game or two.

Haven't seen tonights performances, but while Little isn't always the best defensively he's a threat going forward. Probably had his confidence undermined ever since Parky decided to make Flanagan his fav last season.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:29 pm

Olkowski has been poor since September. He’s not on his own mind. I thought Little was ok at centre half but I wouldn’t play him there again!

We actually looked ok in parts; but looked like a team from the league below having a go - our attackplay is so limited, particularly without Ameobi. No one and Pav crossing and general distribution was woeful. Lowe amd Murphynin particular were total passengers.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:30 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:52 pm
How did Pritchard do?
Politely I’d say he had limited influence on the game. He barely touched the ball.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:59 pm

F*ck it!

I was looking forward to Stamford Bridge in the 5th round.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:12 am

Did we win?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:23 am

Whilst there is a lot of over the top moaning from some on here, again last night was a performance with some big positives mixed in with the negatives.

We were in the game for the entirety of the 90 minutes and if we'd gotten a draw I don't think it would have been an unrepresentative result. That's despite Bristol City playing their full first team.

The boy Connell also looked extremely promising and received a lot of praise from the opposition fans post-game. I'd be extremely disappointed if he's not now at least getting on the bench for our next league games.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:43 am

The_Gun wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:23 am
Whilst there is a lot of over the top moaning from some on here, again last night was a performance with some big positives mixed in with the negatives.

We were in the game for the entirety of the 90 minutes and if we'd gotten a draw I don't think it would have been an unrepresentative result. That's despite Bristol City playing their full first team.

The boy Connell also looked extremely promising and received a lot of praise from the opposition fans post-game. I'd be extremely disappointed if he's not now at least getting on the bench for our next league games.
Yet we still lost 2-1. It's all good and well saying there were positives from the game however when the negatives are still causing defeat after defeat it's all pretty irrelevant.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:59 am

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:43 am
The_Gun wrote:

Yet we still lost 2-1. It's all good and well saying there were positives from the game however when the negatives are still causing defeat after defeat it's all pretty irrelevant.
So let's all just whinge on then, yeah?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:22 am

It'll be interesting to see whether these young players get a chance in the league now. Have any home grown youngsters made their league debut since Parky arrived? Pritchard, Connell, Earing and Hall have all made a brief appearance in the cups.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:41 am

The_Gun wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:59 am
DJBlu wrote:
The_Gun wrote:

Or dip our heads in the sand and say all is fine? The difference is people aren't whinging, it's mearly people stating observations on the current situation. The reason it appears people are whinging is because the situation is dire. This isn't like the days of old where we would win and then people demand perfection.

People are entitled to express their opinions, that's the purpose of the forums really.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:09 am

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:41 am
The_Gun wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:59 am
DJBlu wrote:
The_Gun wrote:

Or dip our heads in the sand and say all is fine? The difference is people aren't whinging, it's mearly people stating observations on the current situation. The reason it appears people are whinging is because the situation is dire. This isn't like the days of old where we would win and then people demand perfection.

People are entitled to express their opinions, that's the purpose of the forums really.
Our deficiencies have been discussed ad nauseam on here, so I'd rather talk about the positives. You're the one who's called me out, so don't know why you're trying to pull the "people are entitled to express their opinions" line.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:31 pm

The_Gun wrote:

Would you then be tempted to indulge in some 'over the top moaning'? :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:09 pm

The_Gun wrote:
I wouldn't worry; if he's any good Ken's probably sold him already.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:15 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:09 pm
The_Gun wrote:
I wouldn't worry; if he's any good Ken's probably sold him already.
:D My thoughts exactly.