Common Denominators....Versus Norwich City at the Unibol, Sat. 16th Feb, 3 O' clock

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Common Denominators....Versus Norwich City at the Unibol, Sat. 16th Feb, 3 O' clock

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:43 pm

Sounds like they're running rings round us. Now's the time to hit em and shock em.... ae:)
They have a corner and even their tea lady is having a shot or two. We touch the ball twice, wallops obviously, that's hopeful and.....Parky's Plan a, b and c,,,not working. They have another pot shot and....hello, it isn't 4. Can this be our time......Donaldson and....Vela....Noone....and...that ends up a throw to them. I have to laugh or I'd cry.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Common Denominators....Versus Norwich City at the Unibol, Sat. 16th Feb, 3 O' clock

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:45 pm

Parky has to find a way of usa scoring 4 or 5 second half. Should be easy enough. Matthews clear, back they come, we clear and....we get a handball. Okowski....Donaldson and....back they come. Josh gives them free kick no 49 and...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:46 pm

I hereby declare my true intent and resolve to do no harm and sincerely advance the cause of Bolton Wanderers FC.
Please, please, let me be manager next week, for free. No wages, no expenses, no money. I'll do a better job than Parkinson. To start with I'll have an entire host of schoolchildren with nothing better to do to draw from...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:47 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:33 pm
Still, at least we went two up top and took it to 'em!
And the back three's working well.

He can revert to a flat back four with Lowe at LB, and ask Connolly and Donaldson to provide the width in a 433 (or 4231). But it's deckchair-shuffling.

And/or he might make a couple of changes at half-time. It's hard to know, because we've rarely (?) been this far behind under Parky before the oranges. We normally lose by one or two...

Normally you'd ask them to just try to win the second half. We might instead see a damage-limitation exercise, and I imagine that'll go down well. Unlike us...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:51 pm

Aimless chat in the mic box about how it should be done, then....what did Bob Dylan say, something about times are a-changing...etc. ? Hmmmm. As lemons time draws nigh, they have a bit of a sally, beat four defenders and.....a throw us and (did we actually win that?)...even that ends back with them and....it's half time at 0-3.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:53 pm

At least I've got money coming my way. Inside knowledge is always a good thing. Legal inside knowledge is even better...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:54 pm

Norwich have just reminded me how beautiful football can be.

Please please please can we attempt to be a pound shop version of them in league 1?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:56 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:54 pm

Please please please can we attempt to be a pound shop version of them in league 1?
With Parkinson as manager? No fxcking chance.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:59 pm

It’s embarrassing...in fact I’d rather own up to being in love with a horse than a Bolton supporter at the minute.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:00 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:59 pm
It’s embarrassing...in fact I’d rather own up to being in love with a horse than a Bolton supporter at the minute.
What's her name?

It is a her?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:02 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:56 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:54 pm

With Parkinson as manager? No fxcking chance.
Agreed. Even in our brightest moments under Parky we've rarely looked anything other than lumping it at statues
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:05 pm

Vela and Donaldson withdrawn for Ameobi and Williams.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:06 pm

It couldn't be more obvious that we just aren't good enough for this league. Every team is shark-fighting for survival and we're wallowing in the deep end with little yellow ducks. It's hearbreaking when you think this is Bolton Wanderers. Come on Whites, ffs show some fight. Part Two....commences with Sammi and Joe Williams replacing Vela and Donaldson.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:06 pm

Ahh Williams
Play him or pay him

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:07 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
For today, it's over and out from me.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:09 pm

Sorry truewhite, hadn't read you post, anyway....a Sammi miracle, two each from Wheats and Beevers? Hmmm. On with it with a free kick us. 35 out and....and....Connely heads at the keeper.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:15 pm

Williams hobbling? A murmer of pen and....well, maybe not. Here they come, we clear to Noone and...he wins a free kick as the commentary does one. Back again and....some chat and....lets have another chat...Sammi now, we lose out and...their keeper clears. A blatant dive (sayeth the man) gets them a free kick and... Sammi now and....that ends with a shot from them the Matthews saves at the exp[ense of a corner. In and...
Sammi and Williams clear it away.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:18 pm

They have another chance and...Matthews saves. Our defence not getting any medals from the mic team, then....Murphy clears......and....some chat....then.....they come back at us and....win a throw via Williams. Why are we talkling about Leeds? And....is that 4-0? That Pukki fella....shocking defending....no, really....

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:19 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:00 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
What's her name?

It is a her?
Neighomi of course 🤔

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:21 pm

Surely
Surely
A repeat of Hull and he has to sack him?