Under the Milkwood Tree....Versus Swansea away 2-2-2019, 3-0'clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Under the Milkwood Tree....Versus Swansea away 2-2-2019, 3-0'clock.

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:58 pm

Jugs wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:09 pm
True, the team has no goals.
Indeed, and we look again at the forwards we were linked with last summer that came to nought. Joe Garner went up the road instead. Liam Boyce, who's scored 10 for Burton. David McGoldrick, who's scored 11 for Blades. Danny Graham's got 12 for Blackburn. Chuks Aneke's got 16 in 30 for McDons. Oli McBurnie's got 18 in 37 for Swansea. Some of them were only rumours, some would have preferred other destinations, and maybe all wouldn't have scored as freely for us, but you wonder about those purchasing decisions being made by the family Anderson during July and August before that late commitment to Doidge – which as we now know they wouldn't fulfil anyway.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:25 am

And Nugent, too.

Hmm, but you also look at Parky and ask: "But would he have played this extra striker? Would this extra striker have been happy playing the ALF role, sitting on the bench, waiting for the call each game?"

Billy Sharp, for example, scores a pile of goals at Sheffield United because his manager knows how to use him. I'm not so sure PP would have known what to do with Boyce, for example.

It was clear at the start of the season that Parky made Big Josh his main striker and pinned all his hopes on him. That just hasn't worked out at all.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:26 am

Was big josh all he could afford though?

I have to say the one wtf moment for me is Oztumer. What was that all about?

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:27 pm

League One now looks inevitable next season, but that may not be too disastrous. With new ownership, probably a new manager and hopefully a focus on playing more attractive football and promoting young players we could have a winning season and bounce back up at the first time of asking. By my reckoning there are four current Premier League teams who’ve played in League One in the last decade.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:38 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:27 pm
League One now looks inevitable next season, but that may not be too disastrous. With new ownership, probably a new manager and hopefully a focus on playing more attractive football and promoting young players we could have a winning season and bounce back up at the first time of asking. By my reckoning there are four current Premier League teams who’ve played in League One in the last decade.
By my reckoning we are more akin to Leeds, Portsmouth, and Notts County than any four Premier League teams who have played in League One in the last decade.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:24 pm

If it is League One, then unless we start playing football again and remembering what it's all about, League Two awaits us with open arms twelve months hence. With our stadium, facilities etc, both will welcome us with open arms (that is unless it's a block of flats ot another Normid by then).
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:35 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:24 pm
If it is League One, then unless we start playing football again and remembering what it's all about, League Two awaits us with open arms twelve months hence. With our stadium, facilities etc, both will welcome us with open arms (that is unless it's a block of flats ot another Normid by then).
If we are not very very careful, and a bit lucky, the Northern Vamarama Conference (or whatever moniker it has these days) awaits us.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:25 pm

Iles' gloves are off and punches unpulled as his match report lays into "treacherous" Anderson

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... g-verdict/

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:20 pm

I suspect this takeover is dying if not dead. I fear we are going to be in an existential crisis.

Apparently if we enter admin before 28th March, we can start next season in L1 on zero points, albeit under an embargo. If we can do that and emerge rid of KA that is the best possible outcome I can see.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:29 pm

We’ll get sold. Ken and his brinksmanship - ‘talking to two other parties’ - is he f*ck. Just a chancer. That was a parting shot from Iles I reckon. Missed his half time cup of tea!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:00 pm

I'm worried.

Admin is not necessarily the answer. Someone has to pay for it.

Oh and was it £8m that someone said avoiding relegation was worth? 'cos Ken sure as shit ain't dropping his price.

It's not my money but right now I'm past caring if he makes a bob or two, just as long as he gets the f*ck out. Because the jeopardy here is that he drives away what must be a realistic takeover - it wouldn't have got this far otherwise - and we're not only left skint, but trying to either avoid admin or conversely accelerate it to take the hit before the EFL 'season' deadline.

Either way, and remembering that I'm indisposed to hyperbole, looks like this is one of the biggest weeks in the club's existence. We've been here before, of course, but the huge worry if this deal collapses is not just that this deal's collapsed. It's that we might actually be owned by someone who'll never let go until his hands are forcefully removed by the cold dead hand of the official receiver.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:21 pm

Panic fannies.

Just this very afternoon, the club has advertised for safety stewards. I , for one, am wholly reassured by this. The future is bright. The future is an orange hi viz jacket.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:40 pm

If we/ken default on the Davies family loan (which I’m guessing we did as it was due at end of feb?) then the club shifts back to moon shift/Davies control. They have a massive say in all this if ken decides to fck it all off.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... TV-vlT9E24

But yeah, who would fund admin? Davies family? If that happens then there’s a buyer I think. If they get in the queue with Ken we are fecked!

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:10 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
We said this 3 years ago when we were in exactly the same situation.

No money, no goals, no hope.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:40 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:10 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:

Main difference being, no Eddie Davies......

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:01 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:40 pm
jmjhb wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:10 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:

Main difference being, no Eddie Davies......
As a Catholic, what you need to do is pray. I cannot do that for obvious reasons. If your prayers are answered then, not only is your faith vindicated, but we get Saint Eddie, and Bolton Wanderers survives... Win Win Win for you (Lose Neutral Win for me)... :pissed:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:14 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:01 pm

As a Catholic, what you need to do is pray. I cannot do that for obvious reasons. If your prayers are answered then, not only is your faith vindicated, but we get Saint Eddie, and Bolton Wanderers survives... Win Win Win for you (Lose Neutral Win for me)... :pissed:
Ha, right. I think you'll find Bolton Wanderers a long way down God's list of priorities. I'll pray anyway. :wink:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:19 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:14 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:01 pm

Ha, right. I think you'll find Bolton Wanderers a long way down God's list of priorities. I'll pray anyway. :wink:
Excellent.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください