Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:38 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:35 am
Initial observations:

1.) KA much lower than expected £1.5m v £5m
2.) BW slightly higher £3m v £2.5m
3.) PBP secured debt not quantified presumably due to MJ being involved in the takeover,but that was reported to be £6.5m. Interesting that PBP also have £248k unsecured debt as well.
4.) Football creditors (£2.75m) are supposed to get paid in full so total unsecured based on 35p in the pound for the rest would be around £5.5m. Then whatever the individual secured creditors would be prepared to accept.
5.) Given the split between club and hotel it looks a hugely complex deal.
PBP as far as I could tell were secured against the hotel (not the Club) - so that wouldn't necessarily show in this view - different Admins...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:40 am

^ is there more debt to be revealed yet? Will the hotel have a list of creditors? Presumably Ken would be in there too? I suppose the hotel doesn't have the secured football creditors that the club has to satisfy on full
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:26 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:40 am
^ is there more debt to be revealed yet? Will the hotel have a list of creditors? Presumably Ken would be in there too? I suppose the hotel doesn't have the secured football creditors that the club has to satisfy on full
More than likely more debt - given that the hotel shut down and stopped operating, I'd expect the Admin's for the hotel to have their own "list". I'd be surprised if any football creds were related to the hotel business.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:42 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:26 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
More than likely more debt - given that the hotel shut down and stopped operating, I'd expect the Admin's for the hotel to have their own "list". I'd be surprised if any football creds were related to the hotel business.
I'd be beyond surprised. I'd be staggered.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:50 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:26 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Right, I saw the words "Joint administrators report" and thought that it was both club and hotel, but on closer inspection those debts do seem club/football related rather than hotel. Unless the higher debts are all club and all the hotel creditors were owed debts of lower value than those listed, then this is probably just the football club administrators list. Possibly KA had some of his debt secured against the hotel also, hence the lower figure than previously reported?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:15 pm

Just been tweeted by Mr Marmite. I personally think he gets more right than wrong where we are concerned.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:26 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
^ Will the hotel have a list of creditors?
Headed by The Corby Trouser Press Company Ltd. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:39 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:50 pm
Right, I saw the words "Joint administrators report" and thought that it was both club and hotel, but on closer inspection those debts do seem club/football related rather than hotel.
All administrators reports are titled "joint administrators report" - I think its more about more than one administrator being appointed to save/sell/close a business (ie 2 individuals), but of only one company, rather than 2 seaprate administrations being rolled up into one for a shared report (if you know what I mean....)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:26 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Followed by the Gideon Bible Distributors ltd co.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:16 pm

Have I misunderstood something here?

Unsecured creditors are being offered 35p in the pound. In the list of unsecured creditors in Iles article is 'Football creditors', which I assumed included outstanding wages to the players, no?

I thought the rules were all football debts had to be paid in full, while the local pie shop goes to the wall. Have I got this arse about face? :conf:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:20 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:16 pm

Unsecured creditors are being offered 35p in the pound. In the list of unsecured creditors in Iles article is 'Football creditors', which I assumed included outstanding wages to the players, no?

I thought the rules were all football debts had to be paid in full, while the local pie shop goes to the wall. Have I got this arse about face? :conf:
By law - football creditors are unsecured and given no protection over and above the other unsecured creditors.

However, in order to secure EFL approval for a change of control to exit admin you are required to pay all football related debts in full. It stinks - but they are the rules.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:20 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:

By law - football creditors are unsecured and given no protection over and above the other unsecured creditors.

However, in order to secure EFL approval for a change of control to exit admin you are required to pay all football related debts in full. It stinks - but they are the rules.
In what possible way does that 'stink'?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:29 pm

It stinks because it is football protectionism. It is the football authorities saying "its ok to pay local businesses 25p in the pound as part of an administration but footballers - they have to get everything owed to them". So local businesses that might have supplied a club with services for decades can (and do) end up going out of business but footballers always get what they are owed.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:32 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:15 pm
Just been tweeted by Mr Marmite. I personally think he gets more right than wrong where we are concerned.
Interesting "combo" of things. I wonder what "football man" is set to do, approximately...

We've just had a Chairman who was an Agent, it didn't go swimmingly well.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Ah right. Cheers. So FV have to pay all secured debtors in full, and one of the larger unsecured ones in full too. Everyone else gets (potentially) 35%

It feckin stinks alright

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:33 pm

There is something odious around.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:35 pm

Enoch wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:33 pm
There is something odious around.
Nixon reporting that there's a slight whiff.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:36 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:33 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Ah right. Cheers. So FV have to pay all secured debtors in full, and one of the larger unsecured ones in full too. Everyone else gets (potentially) 35%

It feckin stinks alright
They have to pay off secured debts or reach an alternative agreement. They aren't paying James off, but converting to equity.

Also I rather suspect the 35% is calculated as the average payment unsecured creditors will receive. And given football creditors will receive all their money I rather fear that everyone else will get the 25p in the pound minimum.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:37 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:32 pm
malcd1 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:15 pm
Interesting "combo" of things. I wonder what "football man" is set to do, approximately...

We've just had a Chairman who was an Agent, it didn't go swimmingly well.

Presumably the day to day running of the club. Hopefully on a fulltime basis rather than a couple of days every two weeks.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:26 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Massive bill after Lee kept dismantling them when he was bored.