Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:08 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:03 pm
No one knows who to believe, the supporters have been very badly let down by everyone concerned with both the sale of the club & the hotel, the club admins, the hotel admins & FV.

For once can they please start to think about the long suffering supporters, there will be no club without the fans - don't be fooled by what happened on Sat, the fans patience is wearing very thin. I've said it before & I'll say it again all involved are so incompetent it beggars believe. Even if FV do eventually get the club I really fear for how they will run it.
Brilliantly according to Parky, who seemed to have a right chubby on for Shazza in that interview on the radio!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:00 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:29 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:26 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:22 pm
BWFC_i states: " the deal was ready to go Friday - I said it, Iles said it, the EFL said "its very very close", the admins said it, Dearden said it - you can if you choose think all of those people are conspiring to lie and hide something"

I don't care if the Queen said it, if Lord Fxcking Sugar said it, if BoJo said it, if God said it.
FFS. It, once again, as I said it, didn't fxcking happen. And I say it won't happen today either...
And I'd agree it won't today!
So... Do you agree you said "there was absolutely no way" the Wycombe match would go ahead with the Administrators in charge?

How about the Coventry match?
That was the position of administrators. And like I say the EFL publicly said the game would be off unless they received assurances on takeover. Which were then received.

As for Coventry I expect now they have to find a way to make it happen - though I note no tickets are on sale yet. Cash only on day perhaps? I don’t know. They seem very very reluctant to sell tickets.
I note that you said we'd not have a club if the take over didn't happen before the start of the season.

Nobody has to find a way to make it happen. There are plenty of ways to make it Not happen, but two of the parties - EFL and DR&P - are in it up to their necks now, and will attempt to accommodate the ridiculous FV for all they've got, which is very little.
(Yeah, yeah, what's the alternative?... ).
The game will go ahead even if FV fail to buy us on Friday. Which they will probably will, fail to buy us that is.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:42 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:33 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_i states: " the deal was ready to go Friday - I said it, Iles said it, the EFL said "its very very close", the admins said it, Dearden said it - you can if you choose think all of those people are conspiring to lie and hide something"

I don't care if the Queen said it, if Lord Fxcking Sugar said it, if BoJo said it, if God said it.
FFS. It, once again, as I said it, didn't fxcking happen. And I say it won't happen today either...
So... Do you agree you said "there was absolutely no way" the Wycombe match would go ahead with the Administrators in charge?

That was the position of administrators. And like I say the EFL publicly said the game would be off unless they received assurances on takeover. Which were then received.

As for Coventry I expect now they have to find a way to make it happen - though I note no tickets are on sale yet. Cash only on day perhaps? I don’t know. They seem very very reluctant to sell tickets.
I note that you said we'd not have a club if the take over didn't happen before the start of the season.

Nobody has to find a way to make it happen. There are plenty of ways to make it Not happen, but two of the parties - EFL and DR&P - are in it up to their necks now, and will attempt to accommodate the ridiculous FV for all they've got, which is very little.
The game will go ahead even if FV fail to buy us on Friday. Which they will probably will, fail to buy us that is.
I know your conspiracy theory. As of yet there is no evidence of it. The EFL could have taken the same stance with us that they did with Bury. The only reason they didn’t was because they were presented with sufficient evidence of how close takeover was. They went on public record to confirm this. I don’t know at what point EFL pull plug but can’t see it being this week so I assume game goes ahead. Especially as now players have been paid. However, I still wonder what possible reason there is for tickets not being on sale yet?

You are entitled to believe that the admins, EFL, FV and media are all in cahoots - I’ve not seen evidence to suggest that is the case personally and find it a bit of a stretch of imagination. I think far more likely that FV as the only option were given time by admins to find extra funding. Which makes sense and also explains why hotel has become a larger issue as time has gone on. But yeah we will see.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:11 pm

I'm going to get a new tin-foil hat.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:42 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:33 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

I know your conspiracy theory. As of yet there is no evidence of it. The EFL could have taken the same stance with us that they did with Bury. The only reason they didn’t was because they were presented with sufficient evidence of how close takeover was. They went on public record to confirm this. I don’t know at what point EFL pull plug but can’t see it being this week so I assume game goes ahead. Especially as now players have been paid. However, I still wonder what possible reason there is for tickets not being on sale yet?

You are entitled to believe that the admins, EFL, FV and media are all in cahoots - I’ve not seen evidence to suggest that is the case personally and find it a bit of a stretch of imagination. I think far more likely that FV as the only option were given time by admins to find extra funding. Which makes sense and also explains why hotel has become a larger issue as time has gone on. But yeah we will see.
There is no conspiracy theory. You're the one who went all hysterical saying that the club would not exist if the takeover didn't happen.

As for the pile of crap you've posted above, specifically: "The EFL could have taken the same stance with us that they did with Bury. The only reason they didn’t was because they were presented with sufficient evidence of how close takeover was." - I think you need to examine the logic within it.
Whatever the evidence presented (laugh out loud) it was obviously not sufficient enough to pinpoint how close anything was: the takeover still hasn't happened and won't for a week at least, so fxck your 'sufficient evidence'.

There is one very straightforward simple answer why the takeover hasnt happened: FV are borassic and don't have the money; Paul Appleton made a terrible judgement about them and is trying to save face. That simple.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:57 pm

There is another very straightforward simple answer. They're waiting on the hotel to finalise and Quantuma aren't there with it yet, which wouldn't necessarily mean FV were rolling in it nor that Appleton hasn't made a terrible judgement - bearing in mind his judgement is really around getting to a deal with creditors to take over, rather than run a football club - if they couldn't do that then he'd just get another administration event to deal with in 6-12 months...

On the conspiracy theory front. Great post from Nixon.
I like conspiracy theories...Where is Howard when you need him/her?

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:03 pm

If this Kamani / Boohoo bid for the hotel is true as is being reported by Nixon, who is feeding him this information - surely if they were close to the deal or ITK they would be under NDA's and why would they confide in him ?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:08 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:03 pm
If this Kamani / Boohoo bid for the hotel is true as is being reported by Nixon, who is feeding him this information - surely if they were close to the deal or ITK they would be under NDA's and why would they confide in him ?
There are plenty of people who would know who would benefit from this being public knowledge.

And I really don’t think this has helped at all. In any way. In fact this could be disastrous all round.

Of course the twitter land will be full of people rejoicing at the though of billionaires buying us. This is a perilous position now in my view....

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:08 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
There are plenty of people who would know who would benefit from this being public knowledge.

And I really don’t think this has helped at all. In any way. In fact this could be disastrous all round.

Of course the twitter land will be full of people rejoicing at the though of billionaires buying us. This is a perilous position now in my view....
I agree that its not good or in any way helpful, the deal needs to be completed ASAP this week - but in a way it serves FV right for pissing about, they have had long enough to get this sorted but they keep dragging their feet - as I said earlier the fans are getting sick & tired of waiting for FV to complete.

Perhaps the way forward is for the Kamani's to give FV a few £M to enable them to complete in the next day or so, and then FV flip the deal or is it flipping the deal ? or something along those lines.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:25 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Nixon's "theory" currently runs something like this. No one can bid for Club, because they're not accepting any more bids and have a preferred bidder so the only way someone could get both Club and Hotel at this stage who isn't FV, would be to ensure they won the hotel bid. At this point, FV would need to consider what if anything they could do with Club only. If they couldn't do it on Club only basis then that would come back into play, potentially for the party who won "hotel".

My question would be, if it was that interesting a proposition, why wouldn't a serious bidder have responded before now and within the time limit Appleton was looking for (as opposed to 6 weeks later)?

I've no idea whether he's making it up, being fed by an admin, being fed by a bidder, being wound up by someone's mate or anything in between - but it's a cunning plan! :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:26 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:20 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:08 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:

I agree that its not good or in any way helpful, the deal needs to be completed ASAP this week - but in a way it serves FV right for pissing about, they have had long enough to get this sorted but they keep dragging their feet - as I said earlier the fans are getting sick & tired of waiting for FV to complete.

Perhaps the way forward is for the Kamani's to give FV a few £M to enable them to complete in the next day or so, and then FV flip the deal or is it flipping the deal ? or something along those lines.
The deal was there on Friday. It didn’t because of one man...stopping that from happening. A man with a vested interest in driving up the hotel price because he’s been unable to claim his money from the club deal.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:43 pm

I'm not having it that the Kamani's are in this with Ken Anderson, I would suggest that they move in completely different circles. I'm still curious though as to why someone close to the club would feed Nixon with this information (that's if its true, as this Kamani link may be complete rubbish)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:46 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:43 pm
I'm not having it that the Kamani's are in this with Ken Anderson, I would suggest that they move in completely different circles. I'm still curious though as to why someone close to the club would feed Nixon with this information (that's if its true, as this Kamani link may be complete rubbish)
I’m not suggesting it’s entirely a setup. I’m suggesting that the leak is likely down to a creditor on the hotel who is keen to recover more cash. Remember his amounts owed are in dispute on both sides.

This isn’t to do with the club. It’s the hotel.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:46 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
I’m not suggesting it’s entirely a setup. I’m suggesting that the leak is likely down to a creditor on the hotel who is keen to recover more cash. Remember his amounts owed are in dispute on both sides.

I know its only to do with the hotel, so basically your saying that KA is behind this leak to Nixon or perhaps the hotel admins ?.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:54 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:51 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:46 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:

I know its only to do with the hotel, so basically your saying that KA is behind this leak to Nixon or perhaps the hotel admins ?.
I don’t know. I would guess so yes. If you are serious about buying a club and hotel you don’t go round tipping people off about amounts...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:03 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
No, I'm not having that either that Anderson is "in with" Kamani's even if they didn't move in completely different circles. I mean it's possible, but unlikely, I guess. Let's assume for argument's sake someone has fed Nixon (coz if it's all bollocks, it doesn't matter), then a couple of possible reasons to do so could include 1) It's someone from the "new bidder" to scare FV off (they might have bid £6m for all anyone knows) and hope FV determine they can't do both deals in the light of this £7m offer. 2) It's someone who's a creditor trying to get FV to up their bid to the same level as this new rival - they could tell Nixon personally or create a leak that got back to him somehow through someone else...That would really narrow it down some as you'd pretty much rule James out as a leak so it'd have to be Anderson or one of the unsecureds… 3) it's one of the Admin team wanting FV to get a fcking move on - regardless of NDA's they've been pretty leaky...

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:17 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:03 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
No, I'm not having that either that Anderson is "in with" Kamani's even if they didn't move in completely different circles. I mean it's possible, but unlikely, I guess. Let's assume for argument's sake someone has fed Nixon (coz if it's all bollocks, it doesn't matter), then a couple of possible reasons to do so could include 1) It's someone from the "new bidder" to scare FV off (they might have bid £6m for all anyone knows) and hope FV determine they can't do both deals in the light of this £7m offer. 2) It's someone who's a creditor trying to get FV to up their bid to the same level as this new rival - they could tell Nixon personally or create a leak that got back to him somehow through someone else...That would really narrow it down some as you'd pretty much rule James out as a leak so it'd have to be Anderson or one of the unsecureds… 3) it's one of the Admin team wanting FV to get a fcking move on - regardless of NDA's they've been pretty leaky...

Are secured creditors involved in the process of selecting the preferred bidder at all?

If they are, then that renders scenario 1 redundant.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:52 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:17 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:03 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:

Are secured creditors involved in the process of selecting the preferred bidder at all?

If they are, then that renders scenario 1 redundant.
The Admins are responsible for the sale. Their stated objective is "achieving a better result for the creditors as a whole than would be likely to be achieved if the company was wound up". I think they'd be on a sticky wicket accepting a bid from FV at £5.5m if there was an offer from someone else of £7m, regardless of whether most of the secured is sat with James (coz that probably wouldn't suit Anderson and the rest of the creditors)

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:55 pm

This smells of Andersons dirt. Delaying in a hope we don't sign any players. This barsteward believe me will try his best to put the spokes in the wheels, he's that evil.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:14 pm

Course it’s Ken.

Hope he dies of bad aids soon.