Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:21 pm

How come Quantuma haven't said who's got the hotel yet? I thought an announcement was due a few days ago?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:37 pm

I know, let's sell the lot and move back to Bolton. We could flatten the Asda complex on Manchester Road and build a new stadium there, call it New Burnden Park. We could re-open Mistry's print shop as the King Bill pub and Carr's Pasties already have a shop on Manny road. St Peter's way would be handy for access and Darcy and Little Lever could be tarmacced over as car parks. Leave Horwich to expand Middlebrook and they could open a new Eccles Cake factory there. Yep, that would work. Think of the job creation and business revenue along Bradshawgate. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Unknown Stranger
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Unknown Stranger » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:13 am

Hi

The new owners will be announced no later than Tuesday.

The supporters have been great. The turnout so far has been a great help in getting things resolved.

As for players, none are expected to sign immediatly. There are other issues to solve first. Technical and practical things. Also possible but not likely that legal situation with certain individual needs to be fully resolved first.

There have been talks with the EFL about the situation and the possibility for an extended transfer window due to special circumstances. EFL positive. Needs FIFA approval.

Family member of mine wish to thank you for your patience. The club is of great importance to the city. This has been a very wild ride, Wilder than you think. Nothing that can be talked about for a long while. It was very close.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:40 am

^ Well that's a very interesting first post! :D

I'll accept is as bona fide, mainly because I'm getting desperate, so thank you.

With regards to a possible extended transfer window - I would be amazed if the EFL allowed that. There's already enough grumbling going on about our very existence as it is. We can still sign free agents outside the window anyway?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:39 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:40 am
^ Well that's a very interesting first post! :D

I'll accept is as bona fide, mainly because I'm getting desperate, so thank you.

With regards to a possible extended transfer window - I would be amazed if the EFL allowed that. There's already enough grumbling going on about our very existence as it is. We can still sign free agents outside the window anyway?
Plot twist - that is Bassini's nephew...... :wink:

In all seriousness the expectation is that a number of frees will be signed on immediate completion of the deal or at least it was the expectation of the administrators...so I'll be surprised if that doesn't happen. Although some of those will have left...some still seem to be here.

The timing seems plausible though. As for the transfer window - why would we extend it? We can't sign players for a fee so it would only be to sign loan players and I cannot for one second imagine we will get any exception.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:13 am

Unknown Stranger wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:13 am
Hi

The supporters have been great. The turnout so far has been a great help in getting things resolved.

As for players, none are expected to sign immediatly. There are other issues to solve first. Technical and practical things. Also possible but not likely that legal situation with certain individual needs to be fully resolved first.

There have been talks with the EFL about the situation and the possibility for an extended transfer window due to special circumstances. EFL positive. Needs FIFA approval.

Family member of mine wish to thank you for your patience. The club is of great importance to the city. This has been a very wild ride, Wilder than you think. Nothing that can be talked about for a long while. It was very close.
Hmmm, lets see, I have no reason to doubt this - however the issue that doesn't quite stack up here though is your comment regarding the legal situation with a certain individual may need to be 'fully' resolved first - therefore that contradicts the 'it will be done no later than Tuesday' (unless Tuesday means any Tuesday until its done), as the Bassini case was adjourned until 2nd Sept, which is certainly not before next Tuesday - the supporters simply do not know what or who to believe & what or who not to believe with this being such a mess.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:23 am

In effect, a brave and heartening post, but......I'm wondering (hesitantly) why anyone in authority (and the know) would post anything at all on a public fan site until every single mouse trap has been sprung. The legal pitfalls are ever a factor and it all seems...odd. ? Hate to be wrong of course....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:05 am

A Hotmail account and Swedish IP address to register does raise some suspicion. We'll see. I suppose someone will get it right eventually.

Not as good as my 2nd Sep but who knows.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:05 am

DJBlu wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:05 am
A Hotmail account and Swedish IP address to register does raise some suspicion. We'll see. I suppose someone will get it right eventually.

Other way to look at it is why would anyone in Sweden bother to come here and make something up?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:09 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:07 pm
I honestly think most fans have now had enough of FV, they messed about last time & then pulled out & they are messing about again - they don't give me any faith whatsoever that they can move the club forward any more than KA could.

They have or are showing zero passion for BWFC.
Sorta yes and no. I haven't had enough of FV yet, but only because they're nearer than anyone else to completion (probably). They're not inspiring much faith but I'm fairly sure there are elements that are not entirely in their control. I doubt Michael James has zero passion for BWFC people I've spoken to who know him fairly well tend to describe him as "Bolton mad" - none of which would necessarily mean he could speed up the process...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:10 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:05 am
DJBlu wrote:

Other way to look at it is why would anyone in Sweden bother to come here and make something up?
They might not be in Sweden. Their IP being in Sweden doesn't mean they are.

It does strike me as a strange "Howardlike" post though, for a first go.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:29 am

I'm aware of VPNs however this IP is an allocated IP to an ISP in Sweden.

Just all seems suspect. I will be pleasantly surprised if it is true.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:31 am

In Bolton's fair city,

Where the girls are so pretty...

Even an old dinosaur like me has heard of VPN.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:48 pm

Unknown Stranger wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:13 am
Hi

Who the fxck are you?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:49 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:31 am
In Bolton's fair city,

I suspect you're thinking of VPL.

Can't wait until LLS logs on and reads the Swedish post!
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:51 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:49 pm
Enoch wrote:
In Bolton's fair city,

EDIT: he did so just as I was posting. Didn't disappoint!
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:58 pm

DJBlu wrote:

Swedish you say, not Korean or Chinese or New Zealand.
And yet it posts at quarter past one in the morning. Swedes are well known for hitting the vodka heavily...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:58 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:51 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:49 pm
Enoch wrote:
In Bolton's fair city,

EDIT: he did so just as I was posting. Didn't disappoint!
:pissed:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:41 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:21 pm
How come Quantuma haven't said who's got the hotel yet? I thought an announcement was due a few days ago?
...probably because it's not going to be FV (or at best it will be FV and A N Other to fight it out). Quantuma will be getting ALL their ducks in a line ready to weather the inevitable abuse and hatred such an announcement will produce...
That's my best guess.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:50 pm

They won't hear any abuse sitting in their deckchairs in Bermuda.