Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:54 am

Sounds positive as it stands - it sort of looks like they intend to make some announcement when Heads of Agreement have been settled - which would put us all out of our misery (or not as the case may be).

I am missing four pages of blurb on "he said, she said" about the bidders we dropped and why. I mean they've not even been called "tyre kickers".

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:54 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:17 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:14 am
https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/s ... wanderers/

Let's hope it ain't Bassini!
Echoed....but I've got a nasty feeling.....sure hope I'm wrong. Lets look positive though... :oyea:

Fantastic news, but I too am nervous about the possibility it might be Bassini. Fingers crossed for tomorrow (I assume we'll hear soon after the HoTs have been signed).
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:23 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:54 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

Echoed....but I've got a nasty feeling.....sure hope I'm wrong. Lets look positive though... :oyea:

Fantastic news, but I too am nervous about the possibility it might be Bassini. Fingers crossed for tomorrow (I assume we'll hear soon after the HoTs have been signed).
The thing I'm taking consolation from at the moment, is that I'm not sure Bassini could hold his pi$$ long enough not to leak...

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:28 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:23 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:54 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

The thing I'm taking consolation from at the moment, is that I'm not sure Bassini could hold his pi$$ long enough not to leak...

Boris has managed to do it. :cry:
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:40 pm

Great, we have a club to support.

I’ll await the details from the proper channels.

Branagan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Branagan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:42 pm

Someone on Twitter noted that Bassini said he'd inject £1m straight away to help tide things over in his initial media parade a couple of months ago - as this mystery victor is reported to have done. I can't recall enough to be sure, but it's enough to keep me on the edge of my seat! Admins seem very pleased with their pick at least. But then, as has been said, we can't be sure how closely their criteria aligns with ours.

Branagan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Branagan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:57 pm

From Nixon: Bolton. There’s a winner. And they already have League approval. Should be official very shortly. No one saying who it is. Football Ventures have been around a while. And met the League previously 😉

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:30 pm

And what precisely do we know about Football Ventures (Whites) precisely?
We know there are four directors: Basran, Brittas, James and Thomas. They've been in existence for 5 months. They've never filed any accounts.
One director is also a director in seven other limited companies - one of which is appropriately called Wood For Trees Limited - as you can't, see them I mean.
We have no idea how much dosh they have access to.

What's with all the optimism?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:40 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:30 pm

It beats pessimism?

We're likely to still have a team for the next two years at least so I'm happy. Onwards and er onwards!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Branagan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Branagan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:56 pm

There wasn't any optimism or pessimism from me! The smiley wink was Nixon's.

Anyway, anything that suggests a) we might still have a club, and b) Bassini won't be anywhere near it, is surely cause for some optimism even if it's only in relation to those two aspects. Nobody is planning an open bus tour.

LLS, I like to think of you as the character that waves his fist angrily at us all from his front door but then cracks a smile to himself once it's shut... I'm right aren't I?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:24 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
We know there are four directors: Basran, Brittas, James and Thomas. They've been in existence for 5 months. They've never filed any accounts.
One director is also a director in seven other limited companies - one of which is appropriately called Wood For Trees Limited - as you can't, see them I mean.

We don't know a great deal. They have been in existence for 5 months and were set-up only that long ago. The business wouldn't have any Accounts as allegedly it's sole purpose and the reason it was set up was as the vehicle for a take-over bid for us - so you probably wouldn't expect to see in there that it's a business with revenue of £X.... We think it was them that agreed the first Heads of Terms with Anderson prior to Bassini and they walked away not able to reach an agreement with him.

Word on the street was that at this point Basran walked from the venture and has been replaced by "other money"

We do know for absolute fact James is a Bolton fan and has been involved in bail outs on previous occasions.

We also know that Brittan does some work for Nick Mason - so I can't wait to drag Rioja and Prufrock to the Pink Floyd reunion gig.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:44 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

The grounds for optimism might be derived from what you have said, as opposed to:

- history of defrauding businesses going into liquidation
- senior position at a firm of liquidation accountants whose directors went to prison for fraud
- doesn't pay any bills whilst loading the club with mysterious hidden debt whilst perma grinning and ending every communication with "loud and proud"

As far as criteria for feeling optimistic the bar is pretty low. Just the prospect of paying the bills and wages and operating the club without drama and catastrophe for two years...

Also, if it is FVW then the prospect of Michael James still being involved is really a cause for optimism. It means there is someone around who has some feeling for the club. But for him, Ken would've driven over the cliff edge and this club would've died.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:02 pm

Ok, ok, you're all optimistic. I have postponed hanging myself until tomorrow morning.

PS, to Mr Branagan - I believe I have a huge grin on my mush whilst waving said fist. Coz deep down, while I'm still alive, I am the world's biggest optimist. But I'm a realist first and foremost. Which makes me a pessimistic optimist. And then I wake up and it was all a dream...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:27 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:02 pm
Ok, ok, you're all optimistic. I have postponed hanging myself until tomorrow morning.

PS, to Mr Branagan - I believe I have a huge grin on my mush whilst waving said fist. Coz deep down, while I'm still alive, I am the world's biggest optimist. But I'm a realist first and foremost. Which makes me a pessimistic optimist. And then I wake up and it was all a dream...

Feckin' rose tinters are back. :D
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:10 pm

Iles just posted FV story as "winners"....

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... rs-owners/

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:16 pm

Times also got similar story...

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:20 pm

Pleased with this. They aren't sheikhs but hopefully won't be Ken on the other extreme and will be a safe pair of hands.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:36 pm

Really good news. They have seemed the most sensible group all the way through this ridiculousness. Michael James' involvement is really good news.

There aren't going to be loaded so we will need to make shrewd decisions on the player/management front, but as long as they provide a period of stability it could be an enjoyable period.

COYW :oyea:

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:47 pm

Will be interesting to see if this deal includes the hotel. Michael James had his reported £6.5m investment in the club secured against the Hotel so one assumes it would...

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:48 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:36 pm
Really good news. They have seemed the most sensible group all the way through this ridiculousness. Michael James' involvement is really good news.

There aren't going to be loaded so we will need to make shrewd decisions on the player/management front, but as long as they provide a period of stability it could be an enjoyable period.

COYW :oyea:
Looks like they have put in £1m to start paying bills. Hopefully this will be put to good use by getting rid of Parkinson.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.