Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:45 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:58 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:24 pm

She's never early, she's always late
First thing you learn is that you always gotta wait
She's forever dreaming, her mind is gonna roam
We just gotta hope, it hasn't found another home
Just 144 hours from Tulsa
Just six days away from your arms ..
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:07 am

Hi Everyone, a potential interesting development, could they be involved in the FV bid ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... eague-one/

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:30 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:07 am
Hi Everyone, a potential interesting development, could they be involved in the FV bid ?

Hmmmm... That could be very encouraging, if I believed it.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:31 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:

Could be Sunderland. Or Bury. Not sure quite why the Dutch media think it's us, unless Rob Jansen is the "football figure" FV have been missing since Mark Warburton left the table.

Interesting timing. Surely can't be a rival bid; sounds less like a "seat on the board" and more like a consortium ("It is a long-held wish to buy a club together with the number of players and former players for whom I am doing business. I and the players have a Utopian image of how that club should be led and what it takes to achieve the highest level. I am really looking forward to this adventure"). And that consortium can't buy us off FV because FV don't even own it yet, while the administrators' hands would surely be too tied by protocol to allow a fresh bid.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's just bollocks :D

(Thanks for posting it though Bertie)

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:33 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:30 am
Bertie Wooster wrote:

Hmmmm... That could be very encouraging, if I believed it.
I was just wondering who's in the role of Jeeves.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:37 am

And is he a legend?
Dirk van Whatsisface?
I can sort of remember him.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:43 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:37 am
And is he a legend?
Dirk van Whatsisface?
I can sort of remember him.
Kuyt was very popular among Liverpool fans, who appreciated his graft. "Legend" might be pushing it a tad. But then, he's probably just this agent's most (UK-)famous client, and thus the best hook on which to hang the piece.

Meanwhile, Sun contributor Alan Nixon:

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:33 am

Bolton News story from Marc Iles this morning.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... 90jFRNvOtk

This bit jumped out at me:
It was explained that legal paperwork had not been exchanged by close of business on the weekend, and so the grand reveal would take longer than expected. A couple of days later another delay was suffered, not connected directly with the process nor within anyone’s control, which affected things further.
Why do I think this may be due to a legal challenge by that feck wit Bassini? He had already been preferred bidder and signed a heads of terms agreement with Anderson. No knowledge of anything but it is just like that chancer to do that.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:38 am

malcd1 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:33 am

It was explained that legal paperwork had not been exchanged by close of business on the weekend, and so the grand reveal would take longer than expected. A couple of days later another delay was suffered, not connected directly with the process nor within anyone’s control, which affected things further.
Why do I think this may be due to a legal challenge by that feck wit Bassini? He had already been preferred bidder and signed a heads of terms agreement with Anderson. No knowledge of anything but it is just like that chancer to do that.
I thought the same. Could also be a personal issue involving one of the key players. Nowt we can do though.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:42 am

malcd1 wrote:

If it was a technical or legal hold up it would have been reported by now, particularly if it concerns Bassini. The most recent statement from the administrators referred to "unforeseen circumstances", and the subsequent refusal by all parties to publish details suggests it might be a personal problem relating to someone involved with the consortium. Of couse, that could be wrong.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:06 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:42 am
malcd1 wrote:

If it was a technical or legal hold up it would have been reported by now, particularly if it concerns Bassini. The most recent statement from the administrators referred to "unforeseen circumstances", and the subsequent refusal by all parties to publish details suggests it might be a personal problem relating to someone involved with the consortium. Of couse, that could be wrong.
Exclusive. YHIHF. I've been told by 'somebody' that the Administrators have discovered circularity.
Yup, me too! As it was explained to me it is this way: if proof of funds are required and A (in this case FV) say, yeah no problem... B is providing; and B say, look we have guaranteed funding from C, D and E; and then it turns out E is A - that is circularity.
Apparently in this case E is not identical to, but partly owned by part of A. Finances, eh!... :doh:
Instruments need to be put in place, unquote.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:06 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
malcd1 wrote:

Exclusive. YHIHF. I've been told by 'somebody' that the Administrators have discovered circularity.
Yup, me too! As it was explained to me it is this way: if proof of funds are required and A (in this case FV) say, yeah no problem... B is providing; and B say, look we have guaranteed funding from C, D and E; and then it turns out E is A - that is circularity.
Apparently in this case E is not identical to, but partly owned by part of A. Finances, eh!... :doh:

Fair enough. If it's just a matter of instruments needing to be put in place, that sounds to me as though it's not an insurmountable problem. But then I'm a financial incompetent.

On a scale of actually being A to man in the pub, how reliable is said "somebody"?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:27 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:11 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:06 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
malcd1 wrote:

Fair enough. If it's just a matter of instruments needing to be put in place, that sounds to me as though it's not an insurmountable problem. But then I'm a financial incompetent.

On a scale of actually being A to man in the pub, how reliable is said "somebody"?
I'm not sure. I'd say from his nervous attitude when revealing what he knew - 9/10.
He's a forensic auditor and accountant who has worked for KPMG and Deloitte. He has a very big timber framed house on the borders of Kent and Sussex. His wife is internationally famous in [a different occupation]. I've known him for more than forty years and my wife is a godmother to his daughter. I don't think he'd lie to me. He obviously knows of my interest in Bolton Wanderers. How he knows what he says he knows, I have no idea.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:57 pm

I don't want to alarm anyone, but I still think we are heading for that cliff edge with tyres that need shooting.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:05 pm

Jakerbeef wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:57 pm
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I still think we are heading for that cliff edge with tyres that need shooting.
I'm assured that no tyres need shooting. It's not a cliff edge but a cliff face we are driving towards. But, there is a narrow opening in the cliff face we can drive through.

Whether there is another cliff edge once we've negotiated the tortorous path through the cavern in the cliff face, I don't know.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:45 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:27 pm
His wife is internationally famous.

You know Kanye West?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:37 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:45 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

You know Kanye West?
No, Fred.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:55 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:37 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:45 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

You know Kanye West?
No, Fred.

Ah. That makes more sense.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:16 am

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:42 am

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:16 am
Props Mr James:
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... -revealed/
I agree, although he seems to be getting a certain amount of shit from some quarters for paying the bill by some who didn't pay the bill. Just bizarre.