I wish I'd never left Bolton...v Blackpool H. 8-0 clock 7-10-19.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: I wish I'd never left Bolton...v Blackpool H. 8-0 clock 7-10-19.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:23 pm

A let off for us as they rattle the bar and....a warning....They come again and....mic man chats. Throw now and.....we get a free kick off Poweful Pierre up front. Hobbs now and....some to and fro then a throw us. Wish mic man would stop mention ing Matthews......Hobbs back to Matt, cleared, Hobbs again. Lowe, Hobbs again and....cleared. Spearing sets them off and they manage an attack that we scramble clear. Sounds like they're linking u well, ..amd a goal kick them after 30 mins...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:24 pm

Hobbs, Emanuel, they intercept....Matt grabs abd clears.....Verlinden and.....ohhhhhh keeper makes a good save off Murphy....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:28 pm

Mondulay? gets a part chance, but it comes to nought. A bit of nice stuff from us, then Murphy, Crawford and....they defend. Emmanuel, Lowe, crosses and....the keeper grabs it like a lifebelt...Plenty noise.....Politics....cleared,...some chat about ticket costs then.......The visitors sally but Hobbs clears as a White goes down to grass.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:34 pm

Bridcutt injured.

Nice one.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:35 pm

Bridcutt......got savaged by a flying triple falco from ...one of them.....and now.....he ets up "gingerly" says the man. Seems he's carrying on. Matt now and walloped....Murph wins, Verlinden, Lowe, Emanuel.......chat, chat....Verlinden, they clear to Hobbs, Murphy get beaten to it by the keeper. They sally and win a dangerous area free kick. And....Bridcutt is struggling and.....he's coming off. shxt Mondulay again......Zouma clears to halfway and....and..... Sonny Graham appears...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:41 pm

Verlinden sallies forth and...Lowe...Murphy....Verlinden again and.....a great cross and...they manage to clear and attack. They get to our box but Emmanuel clears....Verlinden goes again and....wins a corner. Verlinden sounding good. In and...they clear....and...Politic...and Mondulay gives us a free kick thirty out and ....And...Crawford steps up and.....and....a great effort gets saved and we press again and....the crow roar the Whites on...Emanuel goes, Crawford...Zouma....and Mondulay again gives one away....Throw us again and...part cleard and ...a goal kick them.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:48 pm

And...30 gone (yep, my error before) Murphy battles on with a defender and...Zouma and....Politics can't control...Zouma heads clear, we sally, back and forth, Zouma, Verlinden again, and again and.....they get a free kick via Mondulay. Not a bad half claims mic man,,,,and Verlinden gets a yellow. Mr Flitcroft no amused...apparently. Their central defender gets a yellow just to stop ours feeling lonely and....Hobbs, fires one in and....we foul a tangerine. Two mins added and....Crawford gets the mention, then Verlinden. Some chat, the visitors sally, Murphy crunches....they win a throw and...

Feeney tries a Ronaldo....we clear and....0-0 so far as lemons time arrives.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:51 pm

Lee Hendre summs it up.

No real quality in the final 3rd for both teams.

Must say it was a quality 1st half for our defence.

They've had 2 chances of note.

Bridcutt injury is probably going to be a dislocated rib or something rediculous as is the luck we have.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:51 pm

Fairly happy with that. We matched them, and look fit enough to get stronger as it went on. Just need a bit more in the final third....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:51 pm

We've had a lot of ball but not created v much, they're a threat on the break. Nicely poised game. Crawford getting in great areas but we can't find him. Couple of half sniffs for Murphy.

Shame Bridcutt had to go off though he wasn't having the best game (showing for the ball is enough for the sky commentators, even if you keep giving it away). But he's a class act who was making us tick. Going to have to go a bit more direct (relatively) without him, though mightn't be a bad thing.

Happy for Graham and looking forward to seeing him.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:53 pm

We're still playing like a team getting used to a new system, which is basically because that's what we are. I think if we're playing it out from the back we need to get it forward quicker because we're letting them set and finding it difficult to create space or drag them out of their shape. However, Crawford is making fairly intelligent runs in between the lines without us managing to get it to him.

We're still good value, though, but I think Bridcutt might be a big loss if he's out for the long term.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:54 pm

Sky say we've just shaded possession with 62% :lol: :lol:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:55 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:51 pm
Lee Hendre summs it up.

No real quality in the final 3rd for both teams.

Must say it was a quality 1st half for our defence.

They've had 2 chances of note.

Bridcutt injury is probably going to be a dislocated rib or something rediculous as is the luck we have.
Hobbs has impressed me, Emmanuel too. Murphy's struggling but obviously needs games. Lowe has been solid.
Sonny Graham 97th minute overhead kick winner.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:00 pm

^^ Agree on Bridcutt. He gave his first three passes away, but no doubt a big loss in general.

From 15mins of him, Graham looks better than what I saw earlier in the season when Lowe and L.Murhpy played in there

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:09 pm

Great to have Bolton F.M Commentary to replace Tower. Off we go again and...Matt clears. Mic man summarises then...Zouma sets forth. And....they sally at us and....we break...Verlinden and Emanuel and....we have a throw deep down...we lose it. Parky is in the stand... apparently....We sally, Zouma moives forward and....Politic does well and gets in a bit of a battle with a tanerine. We go again and....a throw again and...Zouma now and....Politic and he runs in and......the keeper grabs it and clears.....Feeney, Mondulay and....Matt says thank you as it's fired right at him (fortunately). Emmanuel, Hobs, Zouma and....a goal kick to them.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:11 pm

COYWM...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:13 pm

Throw us again and...Zouma and....Crawford and....long ball and...they clear....Hobbs clears well to Crawford......they clear again as the crowd sing on. Matt scrambles it clear to Sonny, Matt again now and....Murphy and....Politic's shot is deflected for a corner as Politic is replced by Dodoo. Corner and........ohhh, a header just wide wins a corner.....in and....cleared.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:20 pm

Verlinden, Graham, Lowe....Dodoo and...Crawford and Verlinden.....and again and....another corner (disputed)..Short one and...headed clear. We sound to be up for this and.....Crawford and...part cleared to Lowe. Verlinden...Emanuel, again and...Graham picks up a deflection and...Emmanuel, Hobbs, Crawford and.....ref gives them a free kick for a pull back. Graham gets a strong word from the ref and...then Spearing....and...?? Zouma clears and....mic man takes a breath then we clear a throw.
Ref gives Mondulay a free kick again and....Spearing gets in volved and they sally. Hobbs part clears, we clear and Crawford breaks. Verlinden sound to be working hard and...Lowe's? header is wide.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:23 pm

They're there for the taking...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:26 pm

Verlinden....we go and...they clear well. Emanuel gets decked and....Verlinden robs Mondulay and now Lowe, Hobbs, .....offside flag goes up. Twenty five to go and....we sound to be asking plenty questions. And....mic man chats, We go and....Dodoo hits the keeper, we shoot again and....just wide. COME ON WHITES........

Free kick them and wide. They make a sub....Fennell replaced by Hardy. Spearing comes at us....13003 crowd confirmed. Great....