FV Recruitment Model

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: FV Recruitment Model

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:10 pm

Enjoy!

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:14 pm

The rumour, from a fairly credible Twitter account, is that Chris Markham is soon to be appointed as Head of Recruitment.

The only information I can find about him is that he was previously a performance analyst at Huddersfield Town.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:01 pm

Same source says we're also after a CEO. Is Gartside (Jr) COO?

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:21 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:01 pm
Same source says we're also after a CEO. Is Gartside (Jr) COO?

I believe so. I think the intention is for him remain in post.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:46 pm

Markham is now confirmed as technical performance director. I'm not quite sure what that involves.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:34 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:46 pm
Markham is now confirmed as technical performance director. I'm not quite sure what that involves.
Innit them folks that do Prozone and the like and interpret the data into actionable analytics? :-)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:06 am

nicholaldo wrote:
He's an upgraded Phoenix with better algorithms and a new screen.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:07 am

Joking apart, he's got a proper background in this stuff, which is far more encouraging that the computer game champion with the made up name.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:08 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:06 am
nicholaldo wrote:
Evatt says he recommended him to the board. I wonder if in 6 months we are struggling whether once again Evatt will suddenly pull the ‘not my fault guvnor our technical performance director is making the calls’.

Let’s not let him forget his quote that he recommended this guy to the board.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:13 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:08 am
LeverEnd wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:
Evatt says he recommended him to the board. I wonder if in 6 months we are struggling whether once again Evatt will suddenly pull the ‘not my fault guvnor our technical performance director is making the calls’.

I.think that would be a bit much even for Ian's revisionist tendencies! He knows it's all on him him now. Recruitment of players and background seems every good since that was the case. Maybe he'll take us on a Barrowesque run now and prove the two of us wrong. And Crazy Horse. Perhaps the disappearance of his 'Sack the c*nt' contributions indicate Evatt is improving?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:13 am

What’s Markham been up to recently? His CV is pretty decent, so why has he taken this job? Is it a promotion for him, has he been out of work? The info I have seen is a little sketchy.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:12 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:13 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:08 am
LeverEnd wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:

I.think that would be a bit much even for Ian's revisionist tendencies! He knows it's all on him him now. Recruitment of players and background seems every good since that was the case. Maybe he'll take us on a Barrowesque run now and prove the two of us wrong. And Crazy Horse. Perhaps the disappearance of his 'Sack the c*nt' contributions indicate Evatt is improving?
My view is that Evatt made some massive and costly mistakes here. That’s he’s tried to duck. It doesn’t impress me. But FV are backing him and he’s here learning his trade so we all have to hope he succeeds. Whether he truly had learned from the summer and start to the season only time will tell. I note he’s pulling the ‘I’m a young manager card’ and that’s fine but it’s hard to listen to the BS when he arrived and reconcile it against ‘I’m learning my trade’ humbleness. Perhaps if he’d been more circumspect on arrival people would have afforded him more patience.

I don’t dislike him. I just don’t think up to now he has known what he’s doing. The recruitment in January was definitely top tier so we will have an idea based on the second half as to whether he has something. This group should be able to win a lot of games in this league without many excuses and without a lot of managerial brilliance.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:38 pm

It's definitely Evatt captaining the ship now. Phoenix was above him in the hierarchy but Markham – suggested by Evatt and appointed surely with his blessing - is not, despite the D-suite job title. Evatt is now the manager, not the coach.

Evatt could feasibly claim he was overstretched in January running the team and recruitment, but it'd be a weak claim and given the impressive incomings I don't think that'll wash. We also have time to start tying down potential summer signings, notwithstanding the receding divisional uncertainty. We can certainly be considering players whose contracts are lapsing – remember the embargo should be lifted by summer but we'd be daft to eschew free transfers, especially if it gives us more scope to offer better wages – with the cap also lifted, but still with our business hats firmly on.

Evatt is still in his thirties and (painfully obviously) still learning his trade, as you say. I've seen enough to be hopeful, but this is a big two or three months for him. He said the other day a manager is basically only as good as his players, and while it's not quite as simple as that I'd say the players he has now should be good enough to end the season very strongly, strongly enough to maintain hope and to (perhaps worryingly) raise expectations of a much higher finish next season.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat May 01, 2021 8:34 am

Today of all days

Adam Kamani
@AdamKamani
·
15m
Great meeting with Sharon Brittan yesterday at
@OfficialBWFC
hopefully have some exciting news to share soon but 1st GOOD LUCK today Soccer ball #bwfc #boltonwanderers

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 01, 2021 9:26 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:34 am
Today of all days

Adam Kamani
@AdamKamani
·
15m
@OfficialBWFC
hopefully have some exciting news to share soon but 1st GOOD LUCK today Soccer ball #bwfc #boltonwanderers
We were linked in 2019. At that time he posted that they weren't interested in buying/being part of football club, but they had enquired about hotel...

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat May 01, 2021 9:28 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Today of all days

Adam Kamani
@AdamKamani
·
15m
@OfficialBWFC
If it’s a choice between Home Bargains and Pretty Little Things on the front of our shirts, I’ll happily stick with the former!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 01, 2021 9:29 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:26 am
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Today of all days

Adam Kamani
@AdamKamani
·
15m
@OfficialBWFC
We were linked in 2019. At that time he posted that they weren't interested in buying/being part of football club, but they had enquired about hotel...
https://twitter.com/AdamKamani/status/1 ... 34689?s=20

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 01, 2021 9:30 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:26 am
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Today of all days

Adam Kamani
@AdamKamani
·
15m
@OfficialBWFC
I don’t think you pose for social media pictures with someone you are selling a part of your business to or in discussions on such a subject. Probably a sponsorship thing or part of the ‘social media app monetisation plan’ we heard about during the takeover. Or perhaps they want to invest. Either way I trust Sharon Brittan more than any other owner we’ve had.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat May 01, 2021 9:34 am

Worthy I'm not IT savvy enough to post the pic with them with SB yesterday, but its easy to find - it looks like they (Kamani's) have changed there minds.

It's probably more stadium naming rights, shirt sponsorship or the hotel like you say more than serious investment in the club, but saying that these guys have serious money so I can see whatever has been agreed being quite substantial.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 01, 2021 9:35 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:34 am
Worthy I'm not IT savvy enough to post the pic with them with SB yesterday, but its easy to find - it looks like they (Kamani's) have changed there minds.

It's probably more stadium naming rights, shirt sponsorship or the hotel like you say more than serious investment in the club, but saying that these guys have serious money so I can see whatever has been agreed being quite substantial.
By the way Brittan was seen with Kamani Pre takeover too. Something was cooking then. One assumes Covid perhaps delayed whatever the plan was.