The Keith Hill out thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Re: The Keith Hill out thread

Post by The_Gun » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:53 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:39 am
If you were FV at what point do you sack him?

He can’t be anywhere near the players for pre season, but nobody else deserves a relegation on the CV. We’ll be relegated within the month so perhaps then, get someone in to maybe give a lift in April?

If he’s left in charge over the summer you are taking a hit on ST sales. Nobody wants to see us play badly in the bottom division.

Interesting test for FV this. See what they are made of.
I think if we lose our next two games any remaining good will towards Hill amongst the fans will entirely evaporate. I would imagine that he'd be sacked in that scenario.
Last edited by The_Gun on Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:01 am

officer_dibble wrote:

He can’t be anywhere near the players for pre season, but nobody else deserves a relegation on the CV. We’ll be relegated within the month so perhaps then, get someone in to maybe give a lift in April?

If he’s left in charge over the summer you are taking a hit on ST sales. Nobody wants to see us play badly in the bottom division.

See results are one thing. But rocking up at Blackpool in an orange scarf - and his post-match interview which made me want to saw my ears off with a rusty fish knife...I'm not sure how much more I can take.

Keith may be from Bolton but few have ever represented the fan base of this wonderful football club so utterly inadequately.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:10 am

Double post.
Last edited by The_Gun on Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:13 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:01 am
officer_dibble wrote:

See results are one thing. But rocking up at Blackpool in an orange scarf - and his post-match interview which made me want to saw my ears off with a rusty fish knife...I'm not sure how much more I can take.

Keith may be from Bolton but few have ever represented the fan base of this wonderful football club so utterly inadequately.
Hill knows exactly what he is doing (pity he doesn't have a clue football wise), I suspect that he did this on purpose knowing that it would wind up some fans, you do not play at Blackpool as an away manager & wear an orange scarf. He knows he's under pressure and that many fans want him sacked & he can't stand criticism - so for me it was a stick two fingers up at the fans thing to do. Your not telling me it was the only scarf that he had in the drawer !

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:00 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:13 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

Hill knows exactly what he is doing (pity he doesn't have a clue football wise), I suspect that he did this on purpose knowing that it would wind up some fans, you do not play at Blackpool as an away manager & wear an orange scarf. He knows he's under pressure and that many fans want him sacked & he can't stand criticism - so for me it was a stick two fingers up at the fans thing to do. Your not telling me it was the only scarf that he had in the drawer !
Sadly it had the sense of a deliberately provocative gesture...hard to argue with that.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:43 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:00 am
Bertie Wooster wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

Sadly it had the sense of a deliberately provocative gesture...hard to argue with that.
Utter twaddle. There are many reasons to have a pop at Hill, but I really do believe you're drifting into 'looking for it' territory here. Hey, maybe he bought a stick of rock too, the treacherous c*nt?!
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:46 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:43 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bertie Wooster wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

Utter twaddle. There are many reasons to have a pop at Hill, but I really do believe you're drifting into 'looking for it' territory here. Hey, maybe he bought a stick of rock too, the treacherous c*nt?!
You think it was a coincidence - not seen him wear it before? I guess I just have a very low opinion of him...so as I've said before it clouds judgement.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:46 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:43 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bertie Wooster wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

You think it was a coincidence - not seen him wear it before? I guess I just have a very low opinion of him...so as I've said before it clouds judgement.
Another of those rare times I'm in agreement with you mate, either that or the bloke truly is as thick as pig sh*t, either way the clock is ticking.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:47 pm

I think it sounds insane.

Plenty of reasons to have a pop at him. He obviously fancies himself as a northern Tisdale, don't think there's anything in his voice of colour of scarf.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:59 pm

Job interview after the game?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:20 pm

Speaking of Tisdale, Tisdale's available. Tisdale.

Took McDons up after taking Exeter close and keeping a close eye on the pennies. Would he come up north? He might.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

I see him around an about (as I've said, he lives around the corner) and he is an absolute clothes horse. I reckon he has more Pretty Green clobber than Liam Gallagher. I really don't think he'll have worn it to antagonise anyone, however, you'd have hoped someone might have pointed it out to him. And then of course, there's always the possibility that someone did and he chose to ignore them.
However, what takes place on the pitch is of far more interest to me than anything he decides to wear.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:16 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I see him around an about (as I've said, he lives around the corner) and he is an absolute clothes horse. I reckon he has more Pretty Green clobber than Liam Gallagher. I really don't think he'll have worn it to antagonise anyone, however, you'd have hoped someone might have pointed it out to him. And then of course, there's always the possibility that someone did and he chose to ignore them.
However, what takes place on the pitch is of far more interest to me than anything he decides to wear.
Christ - you're not helping his already dreadful likeability here..... :mrgreen:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:45 pm

*whistles loudly*

I have a paisley print PG hoodie that Ms Pru absolutely hates. As a result her mum now thinks that's my "thing" and I have two linen shirts (fairly normal, summery, nothing to write home about) and three plain t-shirts (save for a small PG) logo. T-shirts are class tbf. Fit really well.

As you were.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:54 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

He might know his onions but he clearly struggles with citrus fruit. That scarf should have been tangerine.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:54 pm

I’ve missed you, LGM.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:49 pm

:lol:

X2

Branagan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Branagan » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:18 pm

Don't know if anyone listens to Iles' Buff podcast but the latest episode is dedicated to the issue of the manager. Some good points made about other places the blame may lie. No insider secrets and not letting Hill off the hook but does offer some perspective.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:45 pm

Branagan wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:18 pm
but does offer some perspective.

Largely wasted on here then.

DJBlu
Site Admin