More donkey lashing? Blackpool (A) 25.2.20 KO 7.45

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: More donkey lashing? Blackpool (A) 25.2.20 KO 7.45

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:49 pm

How can it (losing away) be a mental thing when season upon season it’s new faces, same old shit? Do players sign for us and think oh it’s ok we only need to put effort in at home? It’s just rank bad fecking management this season. Keith Hill couldn’t set a table let alone a team up.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:56 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:38 pm
Half an hour in it felt like a 5 niller. They've had 2 strong penalty claims turned down and were walking through our midfield at will. Hard not to think that Lowe may have been around to block the shot for their goal instead of him looking lost and unsure out wide.

Ultimately its 2 sides. One that collectively knows its job and the other that just looks lost.
Have we taken many, HG?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:59 pm

By the way, triv time. Do any of you know which player's provided the most assists up to now in our league this season?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:56 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:38 pm
Half an hour in it felt like a 5 niller. They've had 2 strong penalty claims turned down and were walking through our midfield at will. Hard not to think that Lowe may have been around to block the shot for their goal instead of him looking lost and unsure out wide.

Ultimately its 2 sides. One that collectively knows its job and the other that just looks lost.
Have we taken many, HG?

Just under a thousand I reckon
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:23 pm

1200 apparently, every one of them deserves a medal.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:36 pm

Hahaha fecking hell, We’ve found another way to lose. Always impressive when that happens!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:43 pm

Defence again.

Corner lands to the smallest man on the pitch spanks it in.

When Keith Hill feck* off we need to get in some defensive coaches. They aren't working positioning at corners. I can't tell if it's zonal or not. There are too many people unmarked on set pieces.

Got to go. We can't leave playing well until the 2nd half. Got it 100% wrong again.

Dreadful 1st half, demoralising.

1 win in 13. How's them onions?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:46 pm

If someone doesn’t lob some onions at Keith in the dugout soon I’ll be VERY disappointed.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:53 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:59 pm
By the way, triv time. Do any of you know which player's provided the most assists up to now in our league this season?
Liam Feeney

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:38 pm

My minds on other things right now so I only caught a few comments on here and the BN match site. Seems to me Hill is consistently copping the flak for some bad and careless defending and a lethargic display all round on the pitch. Just like a crime, we only wake up to the event after it's been committed. Even Clouseau and Inspector Morse (okay Endeavour) do that. Crime prevention is far more important than detection. Time we bucked up all round, not just with he manager.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:53 pm

It's organisation in defence TD. The number of times players are left unmarked is unacceptable.

Players make mistakes but the manager is too. The tactics again were shocking in the first half. Asking Chris Ogrady to come on and run the line is like asking a Blackpool donkey to carry Bella Emberg to Fleetwood.

So many areas where he is getting it wrong. It's not a one off either. We seem to be garbage first half, he susses its not working and makes changes half time. Usually we're losing and its a lost cause.

It's frustrating being a Bolton fan at the minute but the patience of most fans is being tested to the limit.

The man at the top is responsible for putting the side out and making them feel 100ft tall. He isn't doing that and it's only going to continue.

We've won 1 game in 13. One.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:15 pm

Immensely frustrating. Collectively, this bunch of players should be performing and doing better than they are.

Got to 50 minutes still in the game and we actually started playing with a bit of purpose. A terrible miss by Darryl Murphy and I thought we'd missed our chance. We actually equalised when the game had drifted away from us again. Ref missed a foul and gave them a corner and you just knew what was going to happen.

Talking of corners, our routine of tamely lobbing it towards the first man and then furiously back pedalling as we turn an attacking chance into a likely calamity is getting really really annoying.

Plus points, Kean Bryan played well, Crawford is getting fitter, good chips and the quickest I've ever got away from Bloomfield Rd.

Negatives - still too many to mention
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:39 am

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:53 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:59 pm
Liam Feeney
DJ reads The Times 😊

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:58 pm

I watched it via I follow and thought afterwards what a waste of time. I didn't know whether to cry or laugh after they got the winner. Suppose I have become accustom to these type of performances over the past few years, not knowing where our next goal is coming from let alone a point.
I fear for next term, it could result in another season like this unless, those players on the books and the ones yet to join on loan will be good enough.
Despite Hilly recruiting so many players in such a short time, it did seem to be numbers and not quality he brought in, apart from a couple. Because he has more time pre season maybe, just maybe he can recruit a group of players capable of winning more than they lose. Will this be Hill or someone else.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:17 pm

OK, I've just braved the highlights. Their first goal - yes it's an impressive strike, but how the feck was he able to get the shot away in the first place? Have a look - when the ball's played to him there isn't a white shirt anywhere near him, so much so in fact that his first touch is one of the worst you'll see all season, and yet still he manages to get on the end of his own cock-up with time and space enough to pick out the top corner. Utterly abysmal.

See for yourself. I dare you.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:28 pm

Why did you do that us? I think you are sadistic.

To be honest, the second one one isn't much better. Again the strike is very good but to be able to control it like that in the area is poor. Ethan Hamilton was supposed to be marking the lad.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.