Summer 2020 transfers

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
malcd1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3558
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 5:33 pm

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by malcd1 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:37 pm

From what I can gather by that video is that he like to turn players on the edge of his own box and fairly recklessly slide into tackles. Red cards and giving away penalties if he tries that with the crap refs we get.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8960
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:06 pm

Loaning players from Luton to bed then into the football league 😳. Not a dig but just today’s reminder of how far we have dropped.

No idea, says he’s been chasing him all summer but in reality I suspect he’s been signed cos Jones is out and Jak Hickman is more of a wide midfielder - certainly hope Jak keeps his place.

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8960
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:12 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:37 pm
From what I can gather by that video is that he like to turn players on the edge of his own box and fairly recklessly slide into tackles. Red cards and giving away penalties if he tries that with the crap refs we get.

My conclusion from the video - we will shit the national league next season.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36118
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:46 pm

He'll be fecking dreadful. You're welcome. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8960
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:17 am

When I watched moneyball he signed some old had beens as well - would prefer some experience with the final signing.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26509
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:47 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:17 am
When I watched moneyball he signed some old had beens as well - would prefer some experience with the final signing.
The problem is our experience is Doyle, Baptiste and Sarcevic and I guess Crawford...

Baptiste looks like he takes two touches to get it under control then two further touches to completely lose control....
Doyle doesn't seem like an imposing or particularly helpful character
Sarcevic possibly is but has obviously not been fit
And Crawford has been cloned and we've been given the version that incorporated Chris Taylor's DNA...both ginger....

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8960
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:27 am

Why is Doyle not a helpful character? 🤷‍♂️

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23813
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:47 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:27 am
Why is Doyle not a helpful character? 🤷‍♂️
Has he given you a lift anywhere, recently?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26509
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:05 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:27 am
Why is Doyle not a helpful character? 🤷‍♂️
Just noticed a lot of shrugging shoulders type stuff from him. Doesn't seem one to cajole the team or put arms round shoulders when needed. Not from what I've seen. Seems quite a quiet type.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8354
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:47 am
officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:17 am
When I watched moneyball he signed some old had beens as well - would prefer some experience with the final signing.
The problem is our experience is Doyle, Baptiste and Sarcevic and I guess Crawford...

Baptiste looks like he takes two touches to get it under control then two further touches to completely lose control....
Doyle doesn't seem like an imposing or particularly helpful character
Sarcevic possibly is but has obviously not been fit
And Crawford has been cloned and we've been given the version that incorporated Chris Taylor's DNA...both ginger....
:shock:

Crawford's lawyers should be in touch for that!!
...

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8960
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:38 pm

He should be thankful! Crawford =Gingergene Zidane!

nelson66
Promising
Promising
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:44 pm

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by nelson66 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:47 am
officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:17 am
=
Baptiste looks like he takes two touches to get it under control then two further touches to completely lose control....
This :D :D :D :oyea:

My heart sank when I heard we were thinking about resigning him
Am amazed he hasn't given any penalties away yet, but he's older and slower now so can't get near enough to the opposition to tackle them
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26509
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:00 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:41 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:47 am
officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:17 am
=
Baptiste looks like he takes two touches to get it under control then two further touches to completely lose control....
This :D :D :D :oyea:

My heart sank when I heard we were thinking about resigning him
Am amazed he hasn't given any penalties away yet, but he's older and slower now so can't get near enough to the opposition to tackle them
I always thought he was probably a perfectly serviceable right back but never a centre back and it looks very much that way right now. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's not quite up to full speed yet.....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23813
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:00 pm
nelson66 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:41 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:47 am
officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:17 am
=
Baptiste looks like he takes two touches to get it under control then two further touches to completely lose control....
This :D :D :D :oyea:

My heart sank when I heard we were thinking about resigning him
Am amazed he hasn't given any penalties away yet, but he's older and slower now so can't get near enough to the opposition to tackle them
I always thought he was probably a perfectly serviceable right back but never a centre back and it looks very much that way right now. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's not quite up to full speed yet.....
I'm with Nelson. Didn't think he was very good first time around so had zero aspirations this go!

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8960
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:20 pm

Guys played most of his career in the championship - unless his legs have gone he should be OK at league two!

brommers95
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:10 pm

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by brommers95 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:07 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:20 pm
Guys played most of his career in the championship - unless his legs have gone he should be OK at league two!
Unfortunately his legs have most definitely gone

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8354
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:01 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:20 pm
Guys played most of his career in the championship - unless his legs have gone he should be OK at league two!
That's what I thought, a steady influence at he back helping the less experienced through. He's been awful though.
First couple of games he looked like he was rusty but giving his best and, despite struggling, was doing the dirty work and getting the ball away. Expected him to sharpen up and take charge, but he's gone further downhill while it's been Santos who has done that.
...

GhostoftheBok
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:00 pm

The new lad did alright today. Lack of quality at times (obviously), but he was busy and put himself about. Looked lazy in the chase, though, which worries me in a fullback. Players arguably set that tone for him, so I won't judge yet. Nobody could be arsed today, they're barely running for loose balls and you can pretty much guarantee they'll fall over whenever they're touched. By the standards of some others our new right back was swashbuckling today.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26509
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:04 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:00 pm
The new lad did alright today. Lack of quality at times (obviously), but he was busy and put himself about. Looked lazy in the chase, though, which worries me in a fullback. Players arguably set that tone for him, so I won't judge yet. Nobody could be arsed today, they're barely running for loose balls and you can pretty much guarantee they'll fall over whenever they're touched. By the standards of some others our new right back was swashbuckling today.

He looks like in a better team he’d be ok. Our only outlet at times. Only one who can win a header. But ultimately suffers from an inability to cross the ball. Which means unless he’s in behind he’s cutting back in and slowing the game down.

GhostoftheBok
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:04 pm
He looks like in a better team he’d be ok. Our only outlet at times. Only one who can win a header. But ultimately suffers from an inability to cross the ball. Which means unless he’s in behind he’s cutting back in and slowing the game down.
That's where are right now. We have a few who look like they'd be okay in a better side and that hopefully means there's room for improvement here.

Doyle can score given service, but he's getting none. Delf can link if the players around him make the right runs, but they're not. Comley can win the ball and would be okay if the players around him would do the creative work, but they're not doing. etc etc

We either have a group of lads who can all develop together into a mid-table team, or we have a load of pieces from different jigsaws that will never fit together not matter how many times we try and smash them into place. Hopefully the former.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests