What's going to happen?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

kfaille
Hopeful
Hopeful

What's going to happen?

Post by kfaille » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:24 pm

Hi you whites, hope you are doing great during this weird times.

I'm Kenneth, I've posted couple of times yeeeears back and now I came back to be able to talk about Bolton with you guys.
So, I'm from Santiago, Chile, and it's kind of difficult to follow up all Bolton news and the "what's going on" with the club from here.
I've been following Bolton since I'm 12 years old (actually turning 31 in Sept) so it's been a "long" journey and important part of my life too.

I want to know what do you think about Bolton now and in the future... What do you think it will happen to our Club? New manager? New players? I don't even know them now, this is so sad for me actually...
Can we keep on struggling in League Two now? or should we come back? I think our Club deserves it, our people deserve it... The huge history of this Club can't end like this.

I saw today the live on Instagram with Wheater and Supper Kev... awesome to see those two having a chat about those good days at Bolton...

Well, I'm kind of emotional about it... Don't know what to think...

Hope you are doing great lads, really!

Un abrazo from Santiago,

Kenneth.
Last edited by kfaille on Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
BWFC Fan since 2002, from Santiago, Chile.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Re: What's going to happen?

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:37 pm

Greetings from afar, Kenneth! Great to see the White shirts far afield from Bolton.

The short answer is, we don't know. Lots of potential managers have been talked about, but a just-relegated club with relatively unknown owners surely isn't the best of situations for a manager to come into. Players - well, our best and brightest young hopes, Darcy and Politic, are signed up for next season. It'll take a club offering hard cash to entice them away. But with the global pandemic, nobody really knows when the next season is going to start, let alone who is going to be playing for us.

Personally, I think promotion has to be the primary target next season. However, I wouldn't be too disappointed with a season in which, put simply, we're just not having to fight for survival.

Keep checking in here for all the latest rumours, speculation and news - and stay safe!

kfaille
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kfaille » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:11 am

Thanks for the update Mate!

Cheers and take care!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:54 pm

Hi Kenneth. What's going to happen? That's the biggest question of all... and perhaps a bigger question than at most points in this club's history.

We've only once before been relegated to this level, and while it was tough it was in retrospect the springboard for 25 years of upward momentum all the way to European competition. A repeat of that might be longer odds than ever before - certainly the Championship is a financial basket case that can and will ruin clubs - but for now we have to hope this is as low as it gets.

That's not certain, though. Other clubs with upper-division experience have struggled in this division, some even going out of the league and not bouncing straight back. In fact, very little is certain. Pending the retained/released list later this week, we've got about six players, no manager, an embargo in place, talk of a new "football" structure, a new COO-becoming-CEO and still relatively new owners we know relatively little about. To quote the Eagles, "this could be heacen or this could be hell." But it'll be Bolton, and we'll be there – in body or in spirit. There's no higher calling in life. Enjoy it.

kfaille
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kfaille » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:22 am

Thanks for those words!!!

I really hope we can come back. I still have in my to-do-list watching a Bolton game at the Macron (or whatever name it has in the future).

Thank you again!

PS: I would play for free anytime, if we need numbers to be able to play, I just need a bed and food hahaha (and a VISA probably) hahahah

Saludos!

kfaille
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kfaille » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:48 am

Hey lads, question, are we getting a sponsor for this season? or still nothing? were our kits not sponsored right? (I mean brand made, adidas, etc etc, not the actual sponsor in the belly part)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:41 am

F4i11uX wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:48 am
Hey lads, question, are we getting a sponsor for this season? or still nothing? were our kits not sponsored right? (I mean brand made, adidas, etc etc, not the actual sponsor in the belly part)
Think I read "home bargains" would be kit sponsor.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:54 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:41 am
F4i11uX wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:48 am
Think I read "home bargains" would be kit sponsor.
Oh...not that bit....sorry :-(

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:26 am

What’s going to happen? We are going to sign up the leagues top scorer and fellow promotion winners player of the season and boil some piss!