I don't think I like Ian Evatt much, but this is why I think he will succeed here.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: I don't think I like Ian Evatt much, but this is why I think he will succeed here.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:26 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:55 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:42 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:30 pm
On my Rioch-o-Meter he is slipping towards Nigel Pearson territory
If Rioch is at 12:00, how far round is Nigel? :-)
8:00. Slipping towards a Souness 5:00 though here - 'I made it clear when I got this job. The philosophy won’t change. We want to play dynamic, attacking football, but we’ve got to learn to be nasty.' :?
If Rioch is 12 and Steve Bleasdale is Zero, then right now I'd say that Evatt's at a John 'Bring yer mates and bring yer dinner' Sitton three, at best, and with bleak prospects.

Hearing plenty of steam but seeing no traction whatsoever. I mean;

'Tempers had flared in the dressing room after the (Newport) game, and by his own admission Ian Evatt “lost his rag” for the first time since taking on the job'.

Lost his rag? Oh do feck off!

How about showing players how to mark up at set pieces? How about signing players who can read the fecking game? How about asking your central midfielders to lay the ball off rather than have them turn into the bloke who's stood behind them? How about getting it down the wings (like you said) and delivering balls into our proven finisher? How about bringing in players not on the basis that we're handy for the fecking school run?

Right. Better get the Harrogate stream ordered then. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: I don't think I like Ian Evatt much, but this is why I think he will succeed here.

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:37 am

Handy for the school run. :lol: :lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:59 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:37 am
A Lever End beauty, which I nicked. :D

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:30 pm

I just wish he'd shut up and get on with it. Evatt, not Bruce that is :D

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:47 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:59 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:37 am
A Lever End beauty, which I nicked. :D
Welcome G, innit.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:09 pm

Wey heeeeeeey - It's Twitter's fault that we're shit now. Whatever next? The more Evatt looks to deflect blame onto anything and anyone, the more he draws attention to the fact that he hasn't a fecking clue as to what he's doing, and that he's no idea how to get us out of it. The 4ucker's starting to insult everyone's intelligence now. No doubt the 'glory' will be all his tonight should we beat the hitherto winless and manager-less Stags.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:09 pm
Wey heeeeeeey - It's Twitter's fault that we're shit now. Whatever next? The more Evatt looks to deflect blame onto anything and anyone, the more he draws attention to the fact that he hasn't a fecking clue as to what he's doing, and that he's no idea how to get us out of it. The 4ucker's starting to insult everyone's intelligence now. No doubt the 'glory' will be all his tonight should we beat the hitherto winless and manager-less Stags.
I liked the bit about people having 10/11 Accounts. Sort of things most Bolton fans would do naturally. Set-up numerous accounts, just to call Mascoll useless.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:39 pm

Haha! Voices, I hear voices!!

I haven’t a clue why a player at this level would be on twitter mind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:41 pm

I rolled my eyes when I heard about this but in the context of the interview and looking beyond the headline, it didn't seem as bad to me.

The journo has presumably asked a question about criticism on social media and Evatts responded with a few generalised comments rather than the weak excuse it first sounded like. It's hard to disagree with 'if it affects you, come off it'
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:17 pm

Running off his mouth again blaming everyone and anything he can think of, and reiterating how great he is. Can we have a Manager who actually can comes up with tactics to beat the other team, and if not successful, can point to the on-field reason why the team played badly rather than the players lack of implementation of the "Secrets of the Universe".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:59 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:41 pm
It's hard to disagree with 'if it affects you, come off it'
Whereas hanging your young goalie out to dry in public sees him 'man-up' and metamorphosise into a budding Lev Yashin, of course.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:17 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:59 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:41 pm
It's hard to disagree with 'if it affects you, come off it'
Whereas hanging your young goalie out to dry in public sees him 'man-up' and metamorphosise into a budding Lev Yashin, of course.
Hmm. The whole goalkeeper thing calls Phoenix and Evatts recruitment strategy into further question. We're now told that Gilkes was looking to hang his gloves up and Alexander isnt ready. Our moneyball plan consisted of going into the season with just 1 goalkeeper, not ours and 3rd choice at Fleetwood.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:34 pm

But but but it won Phoenix the league on champ manager!

The fact they have destroyed a Crellins confidence and Evatt is now going to resort to having one of his two coaches playing is yet another nail in the coffin. Gilkes will start against Crewe. Here’s hoping he’s still got it...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:46 pm

July....

“Next season I want to be in League One, it is as simple as that,” he told The Bolton News. “I am not going to hide behind the fact this is a massive club for this level of football and that this job comes with pressures of success. I want to talk about promotion.

November...

"We're in League Two. I know the fans want and deserve success but we need some perspective and some realism as to where we are right now."

Ian Evatt has suggested a reality check is needed to curb expectations at Bolton.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:47 pm

I CANT TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!!
BRING BACK KEEEEEEFFF!!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:53 pm

2/7/20

Bolton's new boss Ian Evatt pledges immediate promotion push

“But we must make sure that we raise ours (game) as well and play, as I said, that brand and identity, of attacking, exciting, expansive football that people really want to see.”

3/11/20

Ian Evatt Calls for 'Realism' from Supporters

"We're in League Two. I know the fans want and deserve success but we need some perspective and some realism as to where we are right now."

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:57 pm

Hahahaha you have to laugh!!
Mans a charlatan.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:12 pm

Oh and we have half the budget of Mansfield Town as well 🤥