Growing a pair at the UniBol. Man(up)sfield at home. Tuesday 3rd Nov 7pm.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Growing a pair at the UniBol. Man(up)sfield at home. Tuesday 3rd Nov 7pm.

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:35 am

I still don't know what I'd do. I don't know how Darcy fits in, except as a straight swap for Crawford (who's provided half our assists) or an uncomfortable forward. I don't know who plays up top - whether he risks Fonz or perhaps promotes the lad Amoateng as a pacy front-runner to push the oppo back. I don't know how widespread the changes at the back should be - dropping Baptiste feels obvious but Evatt might want experience.

Still paying my tenner though. Just e-chatting with a Mansfield mate who's doing the same. Why would we not?

Mind you, brilliantly, if you click on this "ooh get your ticket" story, both "BUY IT HERE" links go to the Grimsby match report.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2020/novemb ... ield-town/

And if you go via the main page, the package isn't available.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:07 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:24 am
Sounds like Fonz is in the mix and Darcy will definitely start tonight. Both big positives for me.
If it's for Crawford then I say fair play.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:15 pm

How can you tell if your ifollow account has been upgraded to season ticket status? Mine still seems to be asking for a tenner for tonight.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:34 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:35 am
I still don't know what I'd do. I don't know how Darcy fits in, except as a straight swap for Crawford (who's provided half our assists) or an uncomfortable forward. I don't know who plays up top - whether he risks Fonz or perhaps promotes the lad Amoateng as a pacy front-runner to push the oppo back. I don't know how widespread the changes at the back should be - dropping Baptiste feels obvious but Evatt might want experience.

Still paying my tenner though. Just e-chatting with a Mansfield mate who's doing the same. Why would we not?

Mind you, brilliantly, if you click on this "ooh get your ticket" story, both "BUY IT HERE" links go to the Grimsby match report.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2020/novemb ... ield-town/

And if you go via the main page, the package isn't available.
That's the sort of shenanegins I've been getting every game for weeks! :-(

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:44 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:15 pm
How can you tell if your ifollow account has been upgraded to season ticket status? Mine still seems to be asking for a tenner for tonight.
I'd say you've answered your own question there LE! Mind you, I've little faith in it after the last 2 showings, where I've missed 2 goals and a penalty save.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:03 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:44 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:15 pm
I'd say you've answered your own question there LE! Mind you, I've little faith in it after the last 2 showings, where I've missed 2 goals and a penalty save.
My mate says the game only becomes available an hour beforehand, so I'll find out then. Of course, nothing I can do at that point if it hasn't worked. Predictably there was no response to my email.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:21 pm

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/

Have a look at the bottom of the page.

It should say "You already have access to this match." next to the games you can watch.

Branagan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Branagan » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:35 pm

Thought it might be interesting to grab a few quotes from opposing fans to see how we're perceived in the lead up to matches. Let me know if too uninteresting/depressing to repeat...

"I think we will get our first win as Bolton go into free fall and out of the league. 4-1 to the mighty stags Maynard and Reid 2 apiece and an own goal by McLaughlin."

"I believe they also have injuries to key players.... I think Doyle is out. They got tanked today and we played well, lets go at them and get some goals!"

"Be happy with 1-0 win away and keep Coops unbeaten run going :). Bolton O Super Stags 1 Maynard now he got a sniff of the goals again"

"If Coops can play the best players in their best positions then we have a shot of thrashing them."

"Nailed on draw between two poor sides, hence it's gonna be tough."

"Our defence is shocking and as long as we carry on passing backwards to these lot time and time again instead of passing forward for once we won't win a game of football. Bolton 2 Stags 0"

"They were a shambles at Orient today, let's hope they keep hold of Evatt for our visit. It would be nice to beat them and see that Spireite get the sack afterwards."

"I would swap their bad run (last 10 games) for our bad run though as they have 50% more points than us."

"Need to be shooting on sight with that keeper, he can’t get near the corners of his goal at all"

"Last time I went to Bolton away was Jan 87. We won one nil at Burnden Park and it was raspberry freezing. They pelted us with coins. Made a couple of quid out of it. Happy days"

"3-1 bolton Not confident at all I'm afraid... Hopefully he'll stick with 2 up top thou and not revert back to cookie on his own (which he might consider if playing for a point)."

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:00 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:21 pm
https://www.bwfc.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/

Have a look at the bottom of the page.

It should say "You already have access to this match." next to the games you can watch.
That's what I wanted to know. Thank you.

Aaaaaaand, confirmed that I haven't got it. Lovely.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:09 pm

Branagan wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:35 pm
Thought it might be interesting to grab a few quotes from opposing fans to see how we're perceived in the lead up to matches. Let me know if too uninteresting/depressing to repeat...

"I think we will get our first win as Bolton go into free fall and out of the league. 4-1 to the mighty stags Maynard and Reid 2 apiece and an own goal by McLaughlin."

"I believe they also have injuries to key players.... I think Doyle is out. They got tanked today and we played well, lets go at them and get some goals!"

"Be happy with 1-0 win away and keep Coops unbeaten run going :). Bolton O Super Stags 1 Maynard now he got a sniff of the goals again"

"If Coops can play the best players in their best positions then we have a shot of thrashing them."

"Nailed on draw between two poor sides, hence it's gonna be tough."

"Our defence is shocking and as long as we carry on passing backwards to these lot time and time again instead of passing forward for once we won't win a game of football. Bolton 2 Stags 0"

"They were a shambles at Orient today, let's hope they keep hold of Evatt for our visit. It would be nice to beat them and see that Spireite get the sack afterwards."

"I would swap their bad run (last 10 games) for our bad run though as they have 50% more points than us."

"Need to be shooting on sight with that keeper, he can’t get near the corners of his goal at all"

"Last time I went to Bolton away was Jan 87. We won one nil at Burnden Park and it was raspberry freezing. They pelted us with coins. Made a couple of quid out of it. Happy days"

"3-1 bolton Not confident at all I'm afraid... Hopefully he'll stick with 2 up top thou and not revert back to cookie on his own (which he might consider if playing for a point)."
I think we could use a few of those in reverse.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:56 pm

Looks like iFollow are offering a 1080p(6000kbps) stream. To the layperson, that means we'll look terrible in Full HD.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:03 pm

Miller and Isgrove available.

Bit of good news I suppose.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:08 pm

Well, I've forked out seven quid to watch this game, so it had better be good. :) It's just after 05:00 as I type. The cat will have to wait until half time for her breakfast.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:10 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:03 pm

20 Miler available apparently.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:12 pm

Good news on delf
Can’t believe Baptiste not dropped!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:21 pm

Problem with dropping Baptiste is it means bringing Brockbank to centre half, so one of the shit left backs have to play. Need to swap Taft or Greenidge for a right sided centre half or use Jones there.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:28 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:10 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:03 pm

20 Miler available apparently.
That's the one. The man that can score a goal or two.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:35 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:21 pm
Problem with dropping Baptiste is it means bringing Brockbank to centre half, so one of the shit left backs have to play. Need to swap Taft or Greenidge for a right sided centre half or use Jones there.

I wouldn't want us to move Brockbank from left wing-back bearing in mind the options available to us currently. Baptiste can stay there tonight for me, and hopefully is replaced by Jones when he's match fit.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:43 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:35 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:21 pm

I wouldn't want us to move Brockbank from left wing-back bearing in mind the options available to us currently. Baptiste can stay there tonight for me, and hopefully is replaced by Jones when he's match fit.
I'd chance Jones on crutches.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:52 pm

Greenidge's seventh successive pick on the bench, starting immediately after Alexander vacated the pine. Just saying.