Tobias Phoenix

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Tobias Phoenix

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:20 am

Deserves his own thread.
https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2020/februa ... perations/
Phoenix is renowned for working diligently in discovering pathways and mentoring players whilst focussing on improvement and establishing platforms for success.
Come on then Tobias. Tear yourself away from Football Manager and get out on the training ground.

Not sure where he established his reputation, or how on earth he got the gig here but he’s been an absolute disastrous appointment from where I’m sitting. We’ve signed shite and the coaching is seriously lacking. What does he know about operating a football club?

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Tobias Phoenix

Post by Bertie Wooster » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:53 am

I seem to recall at the time of his appointment that he has no previous experience of any similar director of football position, apart from a spell at Macclesfield and that he was actually a football agent prior to this, but I could be wrong.

I have absolutely no idea why & on what basis FV employed him in a director of football position at BWFC based on any previous experience.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:04 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:53 am
I seem to recall at the time of his appointment that he has no previous experience of any similar director of football position, apart from a spell at Macclesfield and that he was actually a football agent prior to this, but I could be wrong.

I have absolutely no idea why & on what basis FV employed him in a director of football position at BWFC based on any previous experience.
I'm guessing that this is him (on the assumption that there aren't many more people named Tobias Phoenix)

PATHFINDER SPORTS MANAGEMENT LTD (10359399)
Company status - Dissolved (18 September 2018)

Correspondence address
142 Cromwell Road, Kensington, London, England, SW7 4EF

Role
Director

Appointed on
5 September 2016

Nationality
English

Country of residence
England

Occupation
Director

Nature of business (SIC)
93199 - Other sports activities

Not seeing many financial results though.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:32 pm

Gone....

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:35 pm

Sacked! Always felt there was something odd about this one!

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:10 pm

Whhhaaaaaat?????

That’s come out of the blue. Is it definitely a sacking then?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:18 pm

During the protracted take over, we saw how many of these charlatans there are around football these days. Advisors, DoFs, agents, all with no track record to speak of but of seemingly vital importance.

I have no idea what he brought to the table but it was an outgoing I think we can easily manage without. Shut the door and turn lights off on your way out Toby.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:54 pm

So, the Phoenix has flown, eh? Does that put November's Manager of the Month in charge of January's recruitment drive?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:03 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:10 pm
Whhhaaaaaat?????

That’s come out of the blue. Is it definitely a sacking then?
No, but he’s been here for 10 months and half of them we had no footie. There’s no way he’s gone of his own accord. And I can’t see anyone else lining up to recruit this total unknown with his championship manager CV.

That’s two heads of recruitment FV have effectively got rid of. Interesting.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:38 pm

opens the door for Big Sams return as director of football -- bring it on
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:38 am

Much as Big Sam is a legend, surely no one actually thinks it’s a good idea to bring him back?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:22 am

Rumour has it he was suspended first, Iles confirmed he's not been seen for weeks for sure.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:24 am

He was on the EFL show last Saturday saying he fancied a return lower down the pyramid. I mean he knows his players and I could see how he has the talents to do the role, but surely he won’t do it for fun as we couldn’t get near a salary for him? Then you have the fact Evatt is the boss, can’t imagine he would welcome the spectre of Big Sam - The minute He got a sub wrong people would be calling for Allardyce in the dugout.

Having said all that he could be a cracking mentor for Evatt, adding some pragmatism to his style.

But do I see it? Not in a month of Sunday’s...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:26 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:22 am
Rumour has it he was suspended first, Iles confirmed he's not been seen for weeks for sure.
He’s totally oversold himself in an interview and been found out hasn’t he? The Ali Dia of the boardroom.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:41 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:24 am
He was on the EFL show last Saturday saying he fancied a return lower down the pyramid. I mean he knows his players and I could see how he has the talents to do the role, but surely he won’t do it for fun as we couldn’t get near a salary for him? Then you have the fact Evatt is the boss, can’t imagine he would welcome the spectre of Big Sam - The minute He got a sub wrong people would be calling for Allardyce in the dugout.

Having said all that he could be a cracking mentor for Evatt, adding some pragmatism to his style.

But do I see it? Not in a month of Sunday’s...
He still lives in the area, right? I wonder if he’s pals with any of the current hierarchy - maybe Mike James and Gartside Jr? The only way I could see him coming back was if he was doing a favour to the owners and was essentially working for free. I suppose it’s not beyond the realms of possibility.

As you say, OD, it’s hard to see Big Sam being welcomed with open arms by Evatt. Sam isn’t exactly a small personality, so I can’t imagine he’d be very good at taking a backseat.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:47 am

Unless the England debacle has taught him a thing or two about staying out of the limelight. It would be hard not to be enthused by him taking a DoF role but it does feel a bit mad even considering it at the moment - suspect we are struggling to pay the wages as it is!