All change at Crewe....

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Re: All change at Crewe....

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:42 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:57 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:32 pm
Evatt on Crellin:

“What I said before to Billy after the Cambridge game, we got a response out of him. Sometimes with young players, they are going to be inconsistent. They are not the finished article. Billy is a fantastic kid with a great attitude. He is going to be a top keeper but right now we’re being punished for everything. He will keep working. He has our blessing and our backing. We will keep working with him, with others, to get them up to the standards that some of them are setting for themselves.”

I think that's a diplomatic way of saying he's going to drop him, isn't it?
I actually read that as "Realistically, we've no other options, so he'll start the next game."

I'm resigned to this one. Gilks won't be any good, neither will Alexander. One is too old and the other too young. Maybe we can fix it in January, but who knows.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:01 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:36 pm
As a side note anyone else think we could get Hickman in by pushing Kioso in the middle and having Fonz on the left replacing Gordon?

Or am I being mental?
Fonz is one of the few bright sparks, he can keep on doing what he's doing!
Last edited by jmjhb on Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:07 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:01 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:36 pm
As a side note anyone else think we could get Hickman in by pushing Kioso in the middle and having Fonz on the left replacing Gordon?

Or am I being mental?
Fonz is only of the few bright sparks, he can keep on doing what he's doing!
Yup. You don't take the guy who just scored a brace and put him at left wing back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:12 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:42 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Evatt on Crellin:

“What I said before to Billy after the Cambridge game, we got a response out of him. Sometimes with young players, they are going to be inconsistent. They are not the finished article. Billy is a fantastic kid with a great attitude. He is going to be a top keeper but right now we’re being punished for everything. He will keep working. He has our blessing and our backing. We will keep working with him, with others, to get them up to the standards that some of them are setting for themselves.”

I actually read that as "Realistically, we've no other options, so he'll start the next game."

I'm resigned to this one. Gilks won't be any good, neither will Alexander. One is too old and the other too young. Maybe we can fix it in January, but who knows.
I read it that way too....

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:38 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:42 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Evatt on Crellin:

Possibly. I was just thinking it could be him hinting he's going to replace him while trying not to appear as though he's just writing him off completely, especially considering the public attention his previous comments attracted.

I guess we'll know soon enough.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:34 am

How poor were both Crellin & White yesterday, and Baptiste & Gordon not much better. Why does Evatt continue playing the same very poor players, surely he sees the same as the supporters ?

Also, why does every team we play look much fitter, press more & generally look sharper & more spirited than we do ? - almost everything that Evatt said we would do when he first arrived.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:09 am

He’s certainly thrust White straight back into action and he’s really looked not good enough. For me Tutte made the most sense as a deep lying/holding midfielder. I think they need to give Comley a game midweek - along with Taft he’s the most frustrating absentee as they both played to a decent level in this division last season so it’s our coaches that aren’t getting the most out of them.

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:18 pm

I've been pretty lenient with this lot but, there comes a time when you're not doing your job to a satisfactory standard then it's time to review.

As I have stated in the past, this crop of players aren't good enough to play the way Evatt would like, majority simply can't. Too many sub standard players in this squad who are none league at best. As for Crellin, he needs to be dropped else we'll be embarrassed in front of the Sky Cameras. Why polish other clubs turds when surely there's an equal or even better keeper on the clubs books.

All I hope for is, two teams worse than us and at this time I'm struggling.
As for Evatt, why the club appointed a manager without EFL experience was a strange one but, only time will tell and time is passing rather quickly.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:05 pm

Just seen the Wigan score - I was so pleased we didn’t get a local non league team!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:33 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:05 pm
Just seen the Wigan score - I was so pleased we didn’t get a local non league team!
I see Phil Parkinson ground out a 0-1 at home to Winless Mansfield

If you ask me, he should go back to basics, keep it tight and knock it long instead of all the fancy stuff that has Twitter abuzz :mrgreen:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:52 pm

Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:33 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:05 pm
I see Phil Parkinson ground out a 0-1 at home to Winless Mansfield

If you ask me, he should go back to basics, keep it tight and knock it long instead of all the fancy stuff that has Twitter abuzz :mrgreen:
:lol: